The Student Room Group

"Required Salary" Part time sales advisor at Superdrug?

What on earth should I put here? I've never had a job.. seems a bit like a trick question. What is the sort of typical range of a part time minimum wage worker would get?

The post is for a minimum of 4 hours a week..

I don't want to put too high or low.. :redface:
I'd put £6.39 as its the minimum.
Reply 2
I always just put minimum wage :smile: that's all you will get anyway!
Reply 3
It says salary, so surely that means yearly? :s-smilie:

There was another that said most recent/current salary and it gave ranges going up 10k each time!
Reply 4
£6.31 is minimum for 21+
£5.03 is minimum for 18+
Reply 5
Minimum wage is £6.31 age 21+; £5.03 for 18-20 and £3.72 under 18. I believe they pay minimum wage (in the north at least) although they might pay more that the under 18 rate for that age group. As it's your first job perhaps put that you'd be happy to work for minimum wage.
Reply 6
Original post by TheBBQ
It says salary, so surely that means yearly? :s-smilie:

There was another that said most recent/current salary and it gave ranges going up 10k each time!

The phrase is quite deceptive because a salary is normally what it is called if your pay is not based on an hourly rate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Pom_Pom
The phrase is quite deceptive because a salary is normally what it is called if your pay is not based on an hourly rate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooh right I see! I don't get why they ask these kinds of questions -_-

Thank you :smile: I'll put down £6.31/h
Reply 8
Original post by TheBBQ
Ooooh right I see! I don't get why they ask these kinds of questions -_-

Thank you :smile: I'll put down £6.31/h

I always think it is best so then they don't think you are expecting too much. The question is not the be all and end all, but it's the littlest things that they will use against you as they get so many applications. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
£20 / hour.
Not worth getting out of bed for less.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending