The Student Room Group

What can you do with a dentistry degree?

So obviously you can become and dentist. But what else can you do with a dentistry degree, can you go into pharmaceuticals like you can with medicine?
I would imagine there's probably jobs in some corporate positions, I.E. working on brush designs with colgate... something of that nature.

Obviously specializations so orthodontics etc etc

I wouldn't imagine there's too much scope for them in pharmaceuticals... possibly an advisory position or leading clinical trials, something like that.
Reply 2
Original post by slg60
So obviously you can become and dentist. But what else can you do with a dentistry degree, can you go into pharmaceuticals like you can with medicine?

I've heard dentistry graduates going into IB and working in the city. You can also go into academia. Theres a whole range of other things too but the vast majority study dentistry to be dentists
Reply 3
Original post by WaceMindu
I would imagine there's probably jobs in some corporate positions, I.E. working on brush designs with colgate... something of that nature.

Obviously specializations so orthodontics etc etc

I wouldn't imagine there's too much scope for them in pharmaceuticals... possibly an advisory position or leading clinical trials, something like that.

Original post by teen1234
I've heard dentistry graduates going into IB and working in the city. You can also go into academia. Theres a whole range of other things too but the vast majority study dentistry to be dentists

Thanks for your insight guys! :biggrin:

Really I wonder how they managed that! ahaha ^_^
Reply 4
I made an origami boat out of mine. It's awesome.

*May not have a dentistry degree
Reply 5
Original post by Sarky
I made an origami boat out of mine. It's awesome.

*May not have a dentistry degree

Omg you sold your soul to the NHS :O silly medic.. :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by slg60
Omg you sold your soul to the NHS :O silly medic.. :wink:

I had a spare.
Reply 7
Original post by Sarky
I had a spare.

Oh yeah... where could I get one of those?
Reply 8
Original post by slg60
Thanks for your insight guys! :biggrin:

Really I wonder how they managed that! ahaha ^_^

Its because its a hard degree, high a level entry requirements etc.

Quick Reply

Latest