The Student Room Group

utility bills

for a 2 bed flat with 2 people, how much would water, gas and electricity come to per month.

trying to budget and have estimated £70 per month each, but I feel that might be a bit high?
Reply 1
2 bed house, 2 adults..

Water rates about £45 pm
combined gas and elec £56 pm
Reply 2
Original post by Limpopo
2 bed house, 2 adults..

Water rates about £45 pm
combined gas and elec £56 pm

Water rate is too high. Gas/elec is too low.

Water is unlikely to be more than £20pm. Gas/Elec is around £30-£40 each.
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
Water rate is too high. Gas/elec is too low.

Water is unlikely to be more than £20pm. Gas/Elec is around £30-£40 each.

No not really, im quoting real examples from my own monthly expenditure though having checked, i will correct the water to £42 pm.
Reply 4
Original post by Limpopo
No not really, im quoting real examples from my own monthly expenditure though having checked, i will correct the water to £42 pm.

Do you have a swimming pool that you empty and refill every single day?! £42 is a huge water bill for 2 people.
Reply 5
Original post by Reue
Do you have a swimming pool that you empty and refill every single day?! £42 is a huge water bill for 2 people.
It isnt metered..its via rateable value. We could probably do with a water meter. I'd say its typical and obviously includes foul water disposal.
Reply 6
Original post by Limpopo
It isnt metered..its via rateable value. We could probably do with a water meter. I'd say its typical and obviously includes foul water disposal.

Deff get a meter fitted then. Our estimated bill for a 3 bedroomed house was still only £32 a month. On the meter its now dropped to £15,
Reply 7
I have a 2 bed flat, though with only 1 person [usually]

I pay:

£45 electricity
£18 gas
£20 water - I do have a water guzzling rain shower though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending