The Student Room Group

How drunk would you need to be to find me attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnharM
Really? I wouldn't say he's ''very good looking''...yeah he's decent looking, but ''very good looking'' is a bold statement. I mean, he's certainly not model material, but yeah, he's aiiight.

Before one of you lots say ''You're a guy, what do you know'', c'mon, a straight guy can share his opinion on the appearance of a man.

No. There's no standard scale - what's very good looking to me may mean something else to you, so please don't try and tell me what you think I mean or what I should say because you don't know what I mean
Well, that body is... those are some nice abs
Reply 42
Original post by MidnightDream
No. There's no standard scale - what's very good looking to me may mean something else to you, so please don't try and tell me what you think I mean or what I should say because you don't know what I mean

I'm not telling you what you SHOULD think, you idiot. I'm sharing my own opinion, and my opinion on a person's appearance normally goes with the majority of the public's opinion. The majority would deem that he's "decent looking", not "very good looking", I'm not trying to put your opinion down or anything. You can think what you like, but most girls wouldn't say he's "very good looking", that's all I meant.
Original post by AnharM
I'm not telling you what you SHOULD think, you idiot. I'm sharing my own opinion, and my opinion on a person's appearance normally goes with the majority of the public's opinion. The majority would deem that he's "decent looking", not "very good looking", I'm not trying to put your opinion down or anything. You can think what you like, but most girls wouldn't say he's "very good looking", that's all I meant.

I'm not idiot and tbh it felt like you were saying I was wrong :rolleyes: by all means have your own opinion but don't quote me if what you're saying isn't directed at me like I said there's no standardised scale 'very good looking' will mean different things to different people and besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I may see things you do not necessarily see
hammered
Original post by AnharM

And you would know that hoow exactly? Have you carried out a survey? I certainly think he's very good looking.
Don't arrogantly think that your opinion is similar to that of the general population. Attraction is completely subjective- what one person may find hideous, another may find stunning.
Reply 46
Original post by thechemistress
And you would know that hoow exactly? Have you carried out a survey? I certainly think he's very good looking.
Don't arrogantly think that your opinion is similar to that of the general population. Attraction is completely subjective- what one person may find hideous, another may find stunning.

I knew some **** would quote me on this. Because I pretty much know what girls find attractive, based on a lot of comments about facial structure, beard, eyes, hair, skin colour etc. Plus I know the difference between "very good looking" and "good/decent looking", and he certainly isn't model-like. I never said that some girls wouldn't find him very attractive, of course everyone has different tastes, but if you compare him to other "very good looking guys", the majority wouldn't consider him "very good looking", as much as you try to justify it.

If you consider him "very good looking", how would you describe people like Imran Abbas Naqvi, or Omar Borkan Al Gala? Exactly, you'd find it hard to describe them because they are much more attractive than this guy LOL
Original post by AnharM
I knew some **** would quote me on this. Because I pretty much know what girls find attractive, based on a lot of comments about facial structure, beard, eyes, hair, skin colour etc. Plus I know the difference between "very good looking" and "good/decent looking", and he certainly isn't model-like. I never said that some girls wouldn't find him very attractive, of course everyone has different tastes, but if you compare him to other "very good looking guys", the majority wouldn't consider him "very good looking", as much as you try to justify it.

If you consider him "very good looking", how would you describe people like Imran Abbas Naqvi, or Omar Borkan Al Gala? Exactly, you'd find it hard to describe them because they are much more attractive than this guy LOL

Your arrogance is astounding, honestly.

I don't find Imran attractive at all, and I would say Omar is 'hot'. In your opinion they are much more attractive than OP, not in mine. Stop trying to pass off your opinion as a fact.
Reply 48
Your arrogance is astounding, honestly.

I don't find Imran attractive at all, and I would say Omar is 'hot'. In your opinion they are much more attractive than OP, not in mine. Stop trying to pass off your opinion as a fact.

You don't find Imran attractive at all, but you find OP hot? Wow. You probably have a thing for white boys then LOL.

I said the majority...frankly you don't think like the majority.
Original post by AnharM
You don't find Imran attractive at all, but you find OP hot? Wow. You probably have a thing for white boys then LOL.

I said the majority...frankly you don't think like the majority.

But how can you confidently say you know how the majority think?
Reply 50
Original post by SikO124
no homo

Yes?
Reply 51
But how can you confidently say you know how the majority think?

Because I just do...over time, you look at so many pictures of men, and you'll see which ones get more likes, more compliments, more favourites on twitter etc. you can tell which guy can be a model, which ones can't. The difference between Imran and OP, if I put both pics up on twitter...the majority will retweet and fav Imran's pics. That's why saying he's ''very good looking''...he's being overated.
Err you're a good looking chap.
Original post by AnharM
Because I just do...over time, you look at so many pictures of men, and you'll see which ones get more likes, more compliments, more favourites on twitter etc. you can tell which guy can be a model, which ones can't. The difference between Imran and OP, if I put both pics up on twitter...the majority will retweet and fav Imran's pics. That's why saying he's ''very good looking''...he's being overated.

I think you should change 'the majority' to 'the people on twitter'. There's a huge difference between the two.

IN YOUR OPINION, he's being overrated. For goodness sake, can you stop arguing with my opinion? You cannot disprove an opinion.
Reply 54
I think you should change 'the majority' to 'the people on twitter'. There's a huge difference between the two.

IN YOUR OPINION, he's being overrated. For goodness sake, can you stop arguing with my opinion? You cannot disprove an opinion.

I'm not trying to disprove it, how many times?! You just don't think like the majority, end of!

And a lot of people use twitter, thousands of people share pics around. Facebook as well. If you're so confident OP is ''very good looking'', post it on Facebook/Twitter, see how many share it. Social media is where people get recognised.
Original post by AnharM
I'm not trying to disprove it, how many times?! You just don't think like the majority, end of!

And a lot of people use twitter, thousands of people share pics around. Facebook as well. If you're so confident OP is ''very good looking'', post it on Facebook/Twitter, see how many share it. Social media is where people get recognised.

I was just asking for people's opinions, I don't care for what 'the majority' think. I appreciate your input, but thechemistress is entitled to her opinion just as you are. But one opinion is not more valid than another, no matter how many people believe it.
Original post by AnharM

I really don't have time to argue with people who arrogantly think they know the minds of 'the majority'.
I was going to say sober but then I am drinking a beer right now so maybe I need to come back in the morning...

But you looked attractive enough to me, although your face pictures looked very different from the topless one - really same person?
Original post by brendonbackflip
I was going to say sober but then I am drinking a beer right now so maybe I need to come back in the morning...

But you looked attractive enough to me, although your face pictures looked very different from the topless one - really same person?

The topless picture's a bit of a cheat because it was before a recent crash, but yep that's me. Just with glasses on, and two functional arms :') One of my arms doesn't work now, and quite a few scars, but yep. :smile:
Because I stupidly thought that you were more sensible than you've proven yourself to be, and would back down after noting that you most certainly do not know what the majority of people think about OP. Obviously I was wrong. You seriously need to grow up and stop resorting to insults to get your point across.

Even from merely looking at this thread, a large proportion have commented that OP is attractive. You don't know the majority as well as you claim to, it seems :rolleyes:

I know right, he called me an idiot today too :unimpressed: :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest