The Student Room Group

I am an ex Muslim. Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ExMus
I lost faith in Allah a year ago. Feel free to ask mostly anything and i probably will answer all of them.

I apologise I haven't read through the thread so if this has been asked forgive me.

Have you eaten ham, bacon, sausages since becoming an ex-muslim? If so why and if not why not

Have you drink alcohol since becoming an ex-muslim?

Have you had sex outside of marriage since being a non-muslim?

Did you belong to a very conservative sect/family/upbringing or was it pretty lax?
Original post by Ankabout
I'm not offended. :smile: You do seem a bit defensive though. Btw I did not report you.

That's all in your head sis. :P
Original post by ExMus
That's all in your head sis. :P

Lol, that's a good one.
Reply 103
Original post by Ankabout
I am calm. Doing my Suhoor right now. :wink:

Lol you know what I meant, no need to hassle him for the 'truth' which may or may not exist. Hope you're enjoying suhoor :biggrin:
Reply 104
Is there anything about Islam that you do like?
Original post by Tpos
Lol you know what I meant, no need to hassle him for the 'truth' which may or may not exist. Hope you're enjoying suhoor :biggrin:

Ok. :smile:
Original post by TSA
I apologise I haven't read through the thread so if this has been asked forgive me.

Have you eaten ham, bacon, sausages since becoming an ex-muslim? If so why and if not why not

Have you drink alcohol since becoming an ex-muslim?

Have you had sex outside of marriage since being a non-muslim?

Did you belong to a very conservative sect/family/upbringing or was it pretty lax?

I've eaten bacon because i didn't want to deny myself the supposed pleasure. I didn't like it, though I probably give it one more chance.

I have had sex, yes, and I am not married yet

My family sort of leans towards conservative...

And no, I haven't drunk yet.
Original post by ExMus
I've eaten bacon because i didn't want to deny myself the supposed pleasure. I didn't like it, though I probably give it one more chance.

I have had sex, yes, and I am not married yet

My family sort of leans towards conservative...

And no, I haven't drunk yet.

Any reason you haven't drunk yet?

Is there any doubt that your decision to leave Islam may be wrong and do your parents know?
Original post by ExMus
Do you want it to be true?

Was just a genuine question!!
What have your friends/family thought of you for doing this?
Original post by Tpos
Is there anything about Islam that you do like?

Hmmm interesting question. Forgetting the khutbah, I like the praying and the whole meeting up with your local community. It is really calm and allows you to think and reflect (basically an excuse to get away from the phone and other distractions).
Reply 111
Original post by ExMus
Hmmm interesting question. Forgetting the khutbah, I like the praying and the whole meeting up with your local community. It is really calm and allows you to think and reflect (basically an excuse to get away from the phone and other distractions).

:yy:
Original post by Dilzo999
What have your friends/family thought of you for doing this?

My family don't know. Most of my friends don't but the few who do support it or accept it.
Original post by ExMus
My family don't know. Most of my friends don't but the few who do support it or accept it.

Are you ever going to tell your family? How would they react?
Original post by Al-farhan
Was just a genuine question!!

Check again.
Before you gave up on Islam, did you lead a double life of sorts for a while? If so, what was that like? Did you find friends of your own age/background growing up who went through similar process?
Original post by ExMus
Atheist.

Yes, but you cannot disprove god however improbable it is.
Original post by TSA
Any reason you haven't drunk yet?

Is there any doubt that your decision to leave Islam may be wrong and do your parents know?

I don't want to go home smelling of alcohol.

There is no doubt - i feel it is the best decision of my life. My parents don't know but I plan to tell them when I am living independently.
Original post by ExMus
Check again.

Check what??
Original post by shahbaz
Yes, but you cannot disprove god however improbable it is.

I also cannot absolutely disprove there are unicorns living in mars.
The burden to proof lies on the one making the claim :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest