The Student Room Group

Does true love exist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maryamzahid
my mum watches too much Jeremy Kyle. I don't think her advice will be good here :tongue:

But...but I thought Jeremy kyle was real life? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Kallisto
I don't think so, as it is more a romantic imagination than a rational consideration like in your case.

Are you saying that there is a romantic threshold for which 'true love' distinguishes itself from 'untrue love'?
What exactly is true love? lol
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
But...but I thought Jeremy kyle was real life? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

naa, I certainly haven't met anyone like those people on there
Reply 24
And does it ever come back to you?

I think so, although I don't believe in love at first sight or soul partners.
I am sure that love conquers all surely?

That's something my mum tells me hahaha

no...

a lot of it is luck and timing

you cant force things either

if anythings its the opposite

love is a delicate thing that can easily be broken and takes ages to repair if it can be repaired at all
Original post by slg60

Original post by trustmeimlying1
no...

a lot of it is luck and timing

you cant force things either

if anythings its the opposite

love is a delicate thing that can easily be broken and takes ages to repair if it can be repaired at all

its all to do with timing and life.
Original post by slg60

Then you are deluded.
Reply 28
Original post by Bishuhadaa
Then you are deluded.

How so?
It doesn't.
Original post by miser
Are you saying that there is a romantic threshold for which 'true love' distinguishes itself from 'untrue love'?

No, I don't think so. It is rather a matter of understanding of love. Say, there is a couple who loves for the moment. But in the following time the love got lost. So the love was just a straw fire. In my opinion 'true love' lasts very long, til the death in the best case. People who love each other go to their death together (as in Romeo and Juliette). If its true love, people are able to master every single hindrance. 'simple' love can't do those. That is the difference.
Reply 31
I think true love does not exist. If you loved a person, you would be happy for them, whatever they want, also if thet want to leave you. And you would be happy to be left if this makes happy the other person. Does this love exist?
I think in love there is always a little amount of selfishness, and this is why I think true love does not exist.
Love is multiple chemical reactions in the brain, being triggered by evolutions strongest urges. To reproduce, ensuring further evolution and survival of the organism.
its all to do with timing and life.

yep but you cant time many things so you need to make the most of the opportunities yeh get
No, I don't think so. It is rather a matter of understanding of love. Say, there is a couple who loves for the moment. But in the following time the love got lost. So the love was just a straw fire. In my opinion 'true love' lasts very long, til the death in the best case. People who love each other go to their death together (as in Romeo and Juliette). If its true love, people are able to master every single hindrance. 'simple' love can't do those. That is the difference.

I understand where you coming from. Love to me is complicated in the sense that it can come in many forms. Love can come back yes, but with hard work and patience. No love is the same.
I don't think girls find it attractive when a guy falls in love with them, it often makes guys come across clingy/needy as they have only one option (one love)
Reply 36
True love does exist:yep:
Coming back is unpredictable.
And does it ever come back to you?

Are you talking about the kind of love that happens between a man and a woman?

Why do you call love 'true love'?

Is there a 'false love'?
I understand where you coming from. Love to me is complicated in the sense that it can come in many forms. Love can come back yes, but with hard work and patience. No love is the same.

That's right! perhaps every single one has an own imagination of true love? So true love exists, but in many forms for many different views?
That's right! perhaps every single one has an own imagination of true love? So true love exists, but in many forms for many different views?

as one man who I love used to say "Love is a complex phenomena" evidently, this thread is about him....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending