The Student Room Group

24 year old man seeing a 38 year old woman

I have been meeting up with a 38 year old woman, me being 24. I met her through a dating app on my phone, normally its girls in there teens and early 20's who chat me up online and in real life.

The woman messaged me, we talked about normal stuff and asked me if I ever been with a older woman I said I hadn't and she telling how good looking, I though this could be some guy spamming but adding her on facebook find out she is the real deal.

Looking through her photos saw a lot of her in bikini and dresses showing off her figure, I facebook saying what I thought, chat continued to her saying she wants to meet me.

We lived in 2 different cities but not too far apart, I was only down there for the summer because of uni which is in another city. She came down and met me in a pub, she wanted to chose. I met her and got very well we diccused the age difference, sex life's, interests etc

She was quite forward and asked me to go back to mine, she had her hand on my leg so I knew what she wanted, I told me couldn't so after doing ''it'' in her car, we picked up my clothes from my mum. I told my mum i'm going back to friends in my uni town which I wasn't, I spent a week at hers thought it would only been a day.

The next part I won't go into detail but I am really liking her and I am wanting to ask her out. She isn't just a **** buddy, we chat and get along.

I am worried what people will think in my hometown and back at uni because she said she would visit me in my student accommodation when I start again. I am also worried about telling my mum I am seeing a woman closer to her age (she is 49) than my own.

What do think I should do? don't give age isn't a issue crap want proper responses please.

I have keep this private for now.
If she's hot, who cares, go for it i say :wink:
Age is just a number <3

On a serious note, I don't see anything wrong with it, short term of course.
Reply 3
If you are attracted to someone, identify with them and get on why should age act as a barrier to your getting into a relationship?
Theoretically, there's nothing wrong with it but expect to get some looks is all I'm saying :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
why are some people just so f'king lucky :frown:
Reply 6
That is another thing I'm worrying about is public emotions to her, I know she likes me so I'm pretty sure she'd say yes but will it last I don't know.
So long as you both want the same thing in the relationship then I can't see anything wrong with it :nah:
Original post by Anonymous
That is another thing I'm worrying about is public emotions to her, I know she likes me so I'm pretty sure she'd say yes but will it last I don't know.

Its an experience go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained! GL hope it goes well.
groce srs
Well if you want to turn this friends with benefits situation into an actual relationship between two adults then you have to understand that some people are bound to make jokes out of the age difference between the two of you. You would just have to rise above these comments, say to anybody who makes them how genuinely nice she is to spend time with and even offer to let them meet her if they want to and she wants to. This will show them that you are trying to have a proper relationship with this woman, despite the age gap. However one point I would like to add is that because of the circumstances you two met under (FWB from the sounds of it was the initial intention) she may well come onto some of your male friends as another FWB possibility, that may not happen but it could well do.

Next thing with your mum, she will be shocked however you decide to tell her. You can play the long game and just say that you've met someone then she will probe you for information about the woman but you will have to try and not give anything away. Or you can just come straight out and tell her she's 38, a lovely woman and you'd like to introduce her to your mum and family. She may be ok, but I would strongly say she will most likely be shocked as even though everyone says age is just a number, there is the reality that a 14 year age gap exists between you two, whereas it's 11 between your (possible) partner and mum.

Also, well played, if it doesn't work out message me with her details :wink:
Original post by Greg Jackson
groce srs

"Women are like bread, not wine. They don't get better with age." :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending