The Student Room Group

Sick of summer already. Winter needs to hurry up! Anyone else feel this way?

Its just too hot and mehhhh. I miss winter where it was nice and chilly and i'd make hot chocolate and read with the heater on :frown:

I sound like a right grouch but i'm just not a summer person
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
Its just too hot and mehhhh. I miss winter where it was nice and chilly and i'd make hot chocolates and read with the heater on :frown:

I feel as if the UK has been a lot hotter over the previous few years and yes it is unbearable if it gets any warmer it may be necessary to emigrate to Scandanavia.
It's not just you. I hate this weather.
Reply 3
Yip I feel the same. I hate summer. The heat makes me all sweaty, tired and grumpy and plus there's bees and wasps everywhere! The time off isn't even a good part of the summer either because within a week or 2 of the hols, you get bored and cant wait for school, college or uni to start again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
How can you guys hate summer! Winter is so much worse, I hate the cold and it's just depressing how early it goes dark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate the fact is this hot too but I still much, much prefer this to winter
What?! Are you mad?? keep the summer rolling people! :biggrin: i'm loving this weather.
p.s thank you global warming
No I like light evenings, cricket and not having to have heating on or wear a thick jumper.
Reply 8
Love the weather, hate the lack of uni...
Reply 9
why is everyone complaing about the weather?????
it's not even humid and not even 30C yet.
this is warm not even hot.
british people need to man up and enjoy the vitamin c they're getting.
winter is very depressing and who wants to wear a jacket 24/7 and sleep with like 4 blankets??
Reply 10
Nope, the weather is great, makes me feel amazing. There's no such thing as "too hot" in the UK, not even in the hottest of "heatwaves".

I only have one gripe with summer: wasps :afraid: That's not quite enough to make me long for the terror of those cold, dull, short winter days though.
Original post by Yasmin25
Yip I feel the same. I hate summer. The heat makes me all sweaty, tired and grumpy and plus there's bees and wasps everywhere! The time off isn't even a good part of the summer either because within a week or 2 of the hols, you get bored and ccant wait for school, college or uni to start again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah finally someone understands! I feel the exact same way gurl!
Yep I don't like summer all that much either... Always too hot, get too tired, too many wasps :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the days were longer in winter , then i would prefer the cold to the hot. :P
no, since

1) It's not even that hot
2) Winter is just depressing
Wait aren't you originally from Africa? I swear you're a Somalian.
Original post by ETRC
why is everyone complaing about the weather?????
it's not even humid and not even 30C yet.
this is warm not even hot.
winter is very depressing and who wants to wear a jacket 24/7 and sleep with like 4 blankets??

Are you being serious?, with the recent trend with winters they aren't cold anymore just about the ideal temperature with summers far too warm at least thats what I feel humidity probably plays a big role as well as temperature.
Original post by Marky Mark
Wait aren't you originally from Africa? I swear you're a Somalian.

Somali*

Yeah but born n raised here
Original post by ETRC

Vitamin D.

Unless summer means we get bombarded by oranges falling from the sky.
I feel the same way, I like the dark and a bee-less room!

Quick Reply

Latest