The Student Room Group

I'm an Afghan living in London, ASK ME ANYTHING!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
UAE
Reply 81
Original post by fishi
UAE

Ahh I see, fair enough. So you're a Muslim? How did your parents parents react when they told them they're lover is someone from a totally different country?
Reply 82
OP what do you think of India/Indians? But more about India rather than Indians.
Reply 83
Original post by Kabulkid
Ahh I see, fair enough. So you're a Muslim? How did your parents parents react when they told them they're lover is someone from a totally different country?

Well my dad didnt tellhis parents cuz they were really strict.. plus he was only 20 at that time.. soo anyways.. my mum reverted to islam her parents were ok with it and they got married.. later he told his parents and they became ok eventually
Reply 84
Original post by Biryani007
Lmaooooo your accent makes me laugh.. Do you say 'manda' for when you want to say run and 'bara' to say up? :lol: Lmao I've deleted some messages :biggrin:
Yeah lol for run we say manda and for up we say bara. In my mums dialect anyway, can barely understand my dads dialect because his is pure afghani/waziristani, they say "ghesha" for "ghokha" for beef lol and have "sh" like faarsi instead of "kh" haha. and wooh, will send in a bit :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by Ggmu!
OP what do you think of India/Indians? But more about India rather than Indians.

Ermm a big country with a lot of people lol? I don't really have a big opinion on India, I'd love to visit one day though. Oh and their food is very nice!
Original post by fishi
Well my dad didnt tellhis parents cuz they were really strict.. plus he was only 20 at that time.. soo anyways.. my mum reverted to islam her parents were ok with it and they got married.. later he told his parents and they became ok eventually

woah, your dad got married before telling his parents? kudos to him, that requires balls. yeah, i don't really wunna marry an afghan, most of the girls I know are very stuck up and unless I find one that isn't then I don't see myself marrying one which would piss off my parents a lot but oh well, we'll see what happens.
Reply 86
Ermm a big country with a lot of people lol? I don't really have a big opinion on India, I'd love to visit one day though. Oh and their food is very nice!

woah, your dad got married before telling his parents? kudos to him, that requires balls. yeah, i don't really wunna marry an afghan, most of the girls I know are very stuck up and unless I find one that isn't then I don't see myself marrying one which would piss off my parents a lot but oh well, we'll see what happens.

Ohh.. well none of my aunts have married afghans or pathans for that matter.. they all got married to diff casts.. :smile:
Original post by Ahsim
Yeah lol for run we say manda and for up we say bara. In my mums dialect anyway, can barely understand my dads dialect because his is pure afghani/waziristani, they say "ghesha" for "ghokha" for beef lol and have "sh" like faarsi instead of "kh" haha. and wooh, will send in a bit :biggrin:

Aha our dialect is the very slangy one, we just say uzghala for run and purrtha for up :redface:
I love the good old 'kha' sound :lol:

Lol woah there, we're not stuck up :cry2:
But same, I'm kinda expected to marry a Pathan but I don't even want to :lol:
Reply 88
Aha our dialect is the very slangy one, we just say uzghala for run and purrtha for up :redface:
I love the good old 'kha' sound :lol:

Lol woah there, we're not stuck up :cry2:
But same, I'm kinda expected to marry a Pathan but I don't even want to :lol:

The Afghan girls I know are all stuck up and tbh none of them are smart. I'm hoping that there would be a few when I go uni. What's your reason for not wanting to marry an Afghan?? we're pretty good guys :colone:
Reply 89
The Afghan girls I know are all stuck up and tbh none of them are smart. I'm hoping that there would be a few when I go uni. What's your reason for not wanting to marry an Afghan?? we're pretty good guys :colone:

lol i'm glad i am not Afghani
:tongue:
Reply 90
Okay so you did maths AS and A2 in one year and got an A*? Mashallah ! I've done maths AS and I think I'm getting the lowest grade in it out of everything! How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Alibibi
lol i'm glad i am not Afghani
:tongue:

haha, what are you?

Original post by Official'Maryan
Okay so you did maths AS and A2 in one year and got an A*? Mashallah ! I've done maths AS and I think I'm getting the lowest grade in it out of everything! How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't that bad actually, I went to lessons for C1/C2/S1/ but had to do C3/C4/M1 by myself as I couldn't be timetabled for lessons. I put a lot of work in it and I think I got what I deserved in the end :smile: I'm sure you'll do better than you think, its all about practice (unless you're a genius).
What are your future goals?

Who do you think was responsible for the shot down plane earlier today?

Are you religious?
Reply 93
haha, what are you?

It wasn't that bad actually, I went to lessons for C1/C2/S1/ but had to do C3/C4/M1 by myself as I couldn't be timetabled for lessons. I put a lot of work in it and I think I got what I deserved in the end :smile: I'm sure you'll do better than you think, its all about practice (unless you're a genius).

Ohhh okay but what was the point of doing the whole a level in one year? Couldn't you just take maths, further Math and physics to A2 in second year? And what course are you gonna do at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94

Good, I can fill your mind with propaganda while your opinions are yet to be formed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm well I'm not overly smart but I'm not stupid Alhamdulillah...bit of a maths geek actually...was on level 4a in year2 :lol:
I don't know, I'd just like to marry someone different...Afghan and Afghan is boring :redface:
Reply 96
Original post by Black Cat
What are your future goals?

Who do you think was responsible for the shot down plane earlier today?

Are you religious?

Tbh? I wunna get a degree from here, go back to Afghanistan and be part of the army.

Thats too big an issue to get into, but i'd say Ukrainian govt.

Yes I am religious.

Original post by Official'Maryan
Ohhh okay but what was the point of doing the whole a level in one year? Couldn't you just take maths, further Math and physics to A2 in second year? And what course are you gonna do at uni?

I just thought if I can do it might as well, I think having an A* secured helped me get all my offers so yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ggmu!
Good, I can fill your mind with propaganda while your opinions are yet to be formed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha go ahead bro
[QUOTE="Alibibi;48612254"]
haha, what are you?

im a pathan but from peshawar :cool:

meh, not much difference :rolleyes:

Lmao same thing really, my family is from a village near Peshawar but they moved from Afghanistan so erm I just call myself part Pakistani part Afghani :lol:
Reply 98
Tbh? I wunna get a degree from here, go back to Afghanistan and be part of the army.

Thats too big an issue to get into, but i'd say Ukrainian govt.

Yes I am religious.

haha go ahead bro

Basically remember the current prime minister is a perfect man and everything they say about him is a lie :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Hmmm well I'm not overly smart but I'm not stupid Alhamdulillah...bit of a maths geek actually...was on level 4a in year2 :lol:
I don't know, I'd just like to marry someone different...Afghan and Afghan is boring :redface:

wow 4a in year 2? thats pretty impressive lol. you in AS/A2? if so what subjects?

Original post by Ggmu!
Basically remember the current prime minister is a perfect man and everything they say about him is a lie :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

will remember.

Quick Reply

Latest