The Student Room Group

One Night Stand and Feelings

This is pretty short but I need some help as I just keep crying.

I need some help. I met a guy, really liked him (as in really really liked him...planned our lives in my head and everything) then we slept together and boom. He has gone. Ignoring my texts and calls, nothing. So I know I got used...but in my head I still imagine our life together which is making the pain even more.

How do I get over him? I keep imagining us together when I know we wont ever be together as he just used me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
This is pretty short but I need some help as I just keep crying.

I need some help. I met a guy, really liked him (as in really really liked him...planned our lives in my head and everything) then we slept together and boom. He has gone. Ignoring my texts and calls, nothing. So I know I got used...but in my head I still imagine our life together which is making the pain even more.

How do I get over him? I keep imagining us together when I know we wont ever be together as he just used me.

The best way is to get back out there and meet other guys.
Reply 2
Sorry to hear this. To be honest he is a **** and I think you will get over him a lot sooner than if you'd had a relationship with him. And at least you got your oats with him which, from my perspective, is better than being friendzoned. Save your dignity, don't text anymore and get in the saddle gain to look for a decent guy..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Sorry to hear this. To be honest he is a **** and I think you will get over him a lot sooner than if you'd had a relationship with him. And at least you got your oats with him which, from my perspective, is better than being friendzoned. Save your dignity, don't text anymore and get in the saddle gain to look for a decent guy..

I want him :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4

._.

He used you. You were nothing but a good time for him, why would you want that?
Let's get real for a second.
Did he suggest to you that he wanted things to get serious between you?
If he did, was this leading to having sex?

From what it sounds like is that you had sex with someone expecting them to love you just because you had sex.

Stop, please. No more assumptions. You had sex that's it. He didn't declare his undying love to you (maybe he did) but it sounds like he just wanted sex.

The best way to deal with this is to accept that having sex with someone doesn't necessarily mean anything but that.

I'm going to give you harsh love.
Get over the guy, you do deserve someone. And clearly if he ignores you, he's not the one.

And please don't have sex with people if you want them to love you, all that will happen is that you'll get upset when they don't return the feelings.
distract yourself doing something you enjoy, if you do it for long enough he'll become a second thought then disappear.
Reply 7

sadly, experience would suggest its not going to happen.. New love is the cure.
Reply 8
Next time, never idealise. Or have one night stands =\ But what you need to do is just move on. Sometimes and more often than we know women get emotional after a sexual experience. And it freaks homeboy out. Stop hoping, stop idealising; accept the truth. Just ...don't do this again.
Reply 9
^^smart/best/right thing to do but if you insist:

stalk him and wear 'im down :sigh:
Original post by anonymouspie227

From what it sounds like is that you had sex with someone expecting them to love you just because you had sex.

Stop, please. No more assumptions. You had sex that's it. He didn't declare his undying love to you (maybe he did) but it sounds like he just wanted sex.

The best way to deal with this is to accept that having sex with someone doesn't necessarily mean anything but that.

Get over the guy, you do deserve someone. And clearly if he ignores you, he's not the one.

And please don't have sex with people if you want them to love you, all that will happen is that you'll get upset when they don't return the feelings.

I text him after and he suggested that we should do it again because he really liked me....and has ignored me since. So he gave me false hope :frown:
Don't you get bored of this bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I text him after and he suggested that we should do it again because he really liked me....and has ignored me since. So he gave me false hope :frown:

He just wanted to have sex again.
Save your dignity, you're worth more.
Forget him.
He just wanted to have sex again.
Save your dignity, you're worth more.
Forget him.

But I replied saying yes let's shag again when are you free! And a few times again and still no reply! So I offered him sex!
But I replied saying yes let's shag again when are you free! And a few times again and still no reply! So I offered him sex!

And there's your queue to spot the obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CallMeJay
And there's your queue to spot the obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely if you have sex with a girl three times in a night and seem to be enjoying yourself you would want to go have it again?

this is good advice

creeps me out that lads can do this when they know the girls have the feels for them

youd think itd make yeh feel guilty as..and ****ty after..

but maybe thats just me
Surely if you have sex with a girl three times in a night and seem to be enjoying yourself you would want to go have it again?

No, I would want to sleep.

These posts are no longer amusing, should've just ended it on a high...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CallMeJay
No, I would want to sleep.

These posts are no longer amusing, should've just ended it on a high...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They weren't intended to be funny.
If these aren't troll posts the next time you meet a guy you like don't have sex with him straight away if he likes you he waits. I feel bad for you but you are naive and too willing to wear your heart on your sleeve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending