The Student Room Group

Is Chemistry AND Biomedical science too strange for PS?

Hello , I am year 12 ALevel science student who hasdon AS level exams in Biology,Chemistry Maths and English literature.I want to apply for 2015 university entry but The problem is I am stuck between studying chemistry or Biomedical science.My goal is to work in the pharmaceutical industry or try for Graduate entry medicine :redface:

I am currently considering 2 chemistry course and 3 Biomedical course but I worry that my personal statement will come across as confusing and not good enough.I have done research for both courses in terms of entry requirements,job prospects ,module choice ect.But still find it difficult!

Ideally I would like to apply just for the one course but I guess my main question is are chemistry and Biomedical science to different to write in a personal statement? :confused:

Apologies in advance !! Any advice will be invaluable :smile:
Original post by Aifas77
Hello , I am year 12 ALevel science student who hasdon AS level exams in Biology,Chemistry Maths and English literature.I want to apply for 2015 university entry but The problem is I am stuck between studying chemistry or Biomedical science.My goal is to work in the pharmaceutical industry or try for Graduate entry medicine :redface:

I am currently considering 2 chemistry course and 3 Biomedical course but I worry that my personal statement will come across as confusing and not good enough.I have done research for both courses in terms of entry requirements,job prospects ,module choice ect.But still find it difficult!

Ideally I would like to apply just for the one course but I guess my main question is are chemistry and Biomedical science to different to write in a personal statement? :confused:

You are right. You will have to decide in the end, so take the time to decide before you start and make a properly targeted application which will stand a better chance of succeeding, because otherwise, you will sound both uncommitted and uninformed about the nature of the course. Try writing two separate ps, one for each course, and see if that helps you clarify in your mind which one interests/suits you most.
Reply 2
Original post by Aifas77

As above, make a decision -- make a decision.. An admission's tutor can spot a non-tailored statement coming from a mile off...
Reply 3
You can send a quick email to the department to see if they accept a second personal statement.

Original post by Aifas77

Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
You are right. You will have to decide in the end, so take the time to decide before you start and make a properly targeted application which will stand a better chance of succeeding, because otherwise, you will sound both uncommitted and uninformed about the nature of the course. Try writing two separate ps, one for each course, and see if that helps you clarify in your mind which one interests/suits you most.

Original post by Kasa
As above, make a decision -- make a decision.. An admission's tutor can spot a non-tailored statement coming from a mile off...

Original post by Jkizer
You can send a quick email to the department to see if they accept a second personal statement.

Thanks everyone!I think I'm just going to decide on the one course.I'm starting work experience in a biomedical science department so that should help :tongue: I will try writing seperate personal statements for both courses and see which one cames across more passionate :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending