The Student Room Group

I've done something quite bad

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
the title says she did something bad. I said she didn't. Your comment is irrelevant

Hmm I still feel bad even though im single I just feel bad for the gf.
You're human, so forget the past, you can't do anything about it. Well if you want to erase that terrible memory, you can always apologise to the guy for such perversity. Just get along with the future, and yes, do not have large amounts of alcohol any longer; consider that as an life lesson learnt - it's highly vital.
Original post by iamintorture
Hmm I still feel bad even though im single I just feel bad for the gf.

if her boyfriend is the type to cheat you helped her our by showing that
if her boyfriend is the type to cheat you helped her our by showing that

I was a honey trap last night and I didn't even realise lol
I was a honey trap last night and I didn't even realise lol

you should tell the girlfriend and ask for your payment :wink:
Reply 65
Yesterday I had a drunken fumble with a guy who has a girlfriend. We didn't kiss but he kept hugging me and touching me over my clothes. I don't know what to do.

Nothing to worry about, he's the one in a relationship so he's the one who should be sorry.
I've heard of (definitely not done:wink:) worse with people who are already with someone....
Yesterday I had a drunken fumble with a guy who has a girlfriend. We didn't kiss but he kept hugging me and touching me over my clothes. I don't know what to do.

There's nothing wrong...you are sorry about it so don't worry. It wasn't anything anyway, people hug in south american countries and kiss both cheeks :smile:
It's not exactly great what happened, but I don't see what the big deal is. If there was anyone in the wrong it was him anyway.
It happens to the best of us. Just try not to let it happen again :h:
Original post by xmertic
Apologise to the guy for it, say it was a mistake, or just don't bring it up to anyone and keep quiet about it?
If she should apologise to anyone it would surely be the guy's GF?
the title says she did something bad. I said she didn't. Your comment is irrelevant

Clearly...
Thank you that's very kind. I tried to avoid kissing him so what we did is hug and touch each other over clothes. Ahh. Feel so bad. He just messaged me too and he hasn't brought it up.

So it wasn't just him touching you?

You were right to stop it going any further, but you are partly to blame for what happened since you didn't stop it earlier. You must know you were in the wrong since you feel bad about it. Maybe have a word with him and make it clear that it's never going to happen again. Also maybe don't drink to the point where you can't control your actions :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mollyxrose
So it wasn't just him touching you?

You out were right to stop it going any further, but you are partly to blame for what happened since you didn't stop it earlier. You must know you were in the wrong since you feel bad about it. Maybe have a word with him and make it clear that it's never going to happen again. Also maybe don't drink to the point where you can't control your actions :tongue:

Yeah I feel bad but at the time I had no willpower to stop it :frown:
Original post by slade p
Nothing to worry about, he's the one in a relationship so he's the one who should be sorry.

Guess so.
Original post by Multitalented me
If she should apologise to anyone it would surely be the guy's GF?

I suppose so, but the best thing would probably be for her not to know :P
So I get the impression he wants this to happen again ...
So I get the impression he wants this to happen again ...

Simply put, you should have stopped this from happening, end of. Sorry but that's my two pennies worth!

Whilst this may sound horrible, he probably knew the hug (which in and of itself can be purely innocent) would lead to something more. Sure, you didn't kiss, but I'm willing to bet it would have gone further had you allowed it.

The point is, you knew about his girlfriend. Where there any signs that he was flirting or such before the hug?

Maybe it's just me (I'm pretty conservative), but I don't tend to hug girls unless I like them (romantically or sexually), with the exceptions of family or if others initiate it first. Generally I don't tend to outright hug someone. I'm not a hugging person. So if I do it's pretty significant. Maybe this is something to think about, in terms of how he could have perceived you allowing this to happen. Maybe he thought he had the 'go ahead'.

I think your both collectively to blame. Him more so, seen as he had a girlfriend. But don't expect her to be all rosy when she finds out about it.

Just place yourself in her shoes for five minutes. This is the problem with society, people as individuals feel no empathy. He is a disgusting creature that has betrayed the trust she bestowed in him. You have facilitated it. Though, I wouldn't go as far as to slate you, I feel you had more control over the situation than you thought. Yet again alcohol played a big part in your lack of self control (I suspect).

The reason this topic bothers me so much is, I've potentially being on the receiving end of such a situation. I know many guys cheat, as evidenced here, but many woman cheat now also. Women are more devious in doing so, and (like my ex) tend to be able to lie with ease, as opposed to a cheating man. Also, though your single, I still believe you are playing a part in this, and also to some extent allowing this to continue (and encouraging) his behaviour.

Imagine for one moment that, you had a best friend who you knew was cheating on her boyfriend, (whom is a nice guy who you also knew), and all your other female friends know about it but chose to keep it a secret. They are strengthening the notion of infidelity. It is wrong to keep this in the dark. The question to ask here is- should you tell his girlfriend?

If it was a close friend of yours would you want to know? I think if it was you, you most certainly would.

Do whatever you feel necessary to restore your guilty conscience. It is wrong. But we all make mistakes. Just learn from this and move on.

But if I was you I'd tell his girlfriend. It's so disgusting that this sort of thing can happen. I dunno what I'd have done if I'd actually found out 100% about my ex.
Original post by royal1990
Simply put, you should have stopped this from happening, end of. Sorry but that's my two pennies worth!

Whilst this may sound horrible, he probably knew the hug (which in and of itself can be purely innocent) would lead to something more. Sure, you didn't kiss, but I'm willing to bet it would have gone further had you allowed it.

The point is, you knew about his girlfriend. Where there any signs that he was flirting or such before the hug?

Maybe it's just me (I'm pretty conservative), but I don't tend to hug girls unless I like them (romantically or sexually), with the exceptions of family or if others initiate it first. Generally I don't tend to outright hug someone. I'm not a hugging person. So if I do it's pretty significant. Maybe this is something to think about, in terms of how he could have perceived you allowing this to happen. Maybe he thought he had the 'go ahead'.

I think your both collectively to blame. Him more so, seen as he had a girlfriend. But don't expect her to be all rosy when she finds out about it.

Just place yourself in her shoes for five minutes. This is the problem with society, people as individuals feel no empathy. He is a disgusting creature that has betrayed the trust she bestowed in him. You have facilitated it. Though, I wouldn't go as far as to slate you, I feel you had more control over the situation than you thought. Yet again alcohol played a big part in your lack of self control (I suspect).

The reason this topic bothers me so much is, I've potentially being on the receiving end of such a situation. I know many guys cheat, as evidenced here, but many woman cheat now also. Women are more devious in doing so, and (like my ex) tend to be able to lie with ease, as opposed to a cheating man. Also, though your single, I still believe you are playing a part in this, and also to some extent allowing this to continue (and encouraging) his behaviour.

Imagine for one moment that, you had a best friend who you knew was cheating on her boyfriend, (whom is a nice guy who you also knew), and all your other female friends know about it but chose to keep it a secret. They are strengthening the notion of infidelity. It is wrong to keep this in the dark. The question to ask here is- should you tell his girlfriend?

If it was a close friend of yours would you want to know? I think if it was you, you most certainly would.

Do whatever you feel necessary to restore your guilty conscience. It is wrong. But we all make mistakes. Just learn from this and move on.

But if I was you I'd tell his girlfriend. It's so disgusting that this sort of thing can happen. I dunno what I'd have done if I'd actually found out 100% about my ex.

Definitely not telling the gf.
Definitely not telling the gf.

Do you not feel any sense of guilt or remorse? Regardless of whether you were/are the single one or not, you've played a bigger part in this (as much as he has). Does this not make you feel empathy toward the girlfriend?

Just imagine, if she was you. You would feel awful, angry, resentful. Just sympathise with how she feels. It's okay saying that it is all his fault and that she is the one that is naive, but at the end of the day she is the innocent party.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending