The Student Room Group

How many times have you got a detention at school?

Which was your worst? What was it for?
Also, have you ever had a negative phone call home?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nadine_08
Which was your worst? What was it for?
Also, have you ever had a negative phone call home?

Probably 100 detentions that's not bad for 5 years and I got caught copying coursework and I got ****ed
(edited 9 years ago)
Never :smile:
Once for talking when I wasn't supposed to :rolleyes:
I've never had a phone call home
Original post by MidnightDream
Once for talking when I wasn't supposed to :rolleyes:
I've never had a phone call home

I got a phone call home during year 13 for constantly having a lie in when I was supposed to have chemistry lessons. Mum was not pleased :lol:
Reply 5
Never had a detention.
Never had a call home.

Yes, I was the teacher's pet at school.
Reply 6
Original post by Jimmyforeal
Never :smile:

Wow. Goody two shoes. Not even for something minor like being late?
In Year 9 I had 83 registered detentions and 10 internal day exclusions.. That year I had around loads of phone calls home mainly from my Music and Chemistry teacher. Worst thing I've done was probably having a fight in a lesson whilst an Ofsted inspector was present and when my teacher tried to stop us I elbowed him in the face by accident and broke his nose. Got suspended for a month (nearly expelled but my PE teacher prevented this) and was threatened to be reported to the police.

It was a massive reality check and in Year 10 and 11 I didn't have any detentions and I found out my results and I did well :biggrin: Looking back I was such a stupid arrogant dick in year 9 and I'm actually glad I nearly got expelled as it changed me as a person.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kdizzle97
In Year 9 I had 83 registered detentions and 10 internal day exclusions.. That year I had around loads of phone calls home mainly from my Music and Chemistry teacher. Worst thing I've done was probably having a fight in a lesson whilst an Ofsted inspector present and when my teacher tried to stop us I elbowed him in the face by accident and broke his nose. Got suspended for a month (nearly expelled but my PE teacher prevented this) and was threatened to be reported to the police.

It was a massive reality check and in Year 10 and 11 I didn't have any detentions and I found out my results and I did well :biggrin: Looking back I was such a stupid arrogant dick in year 9 and I'm actually glad I nearly got expelled as it changed me as a person.

Haha I would have loved to be in your class
Original post by Nadine_08
Wow. Goody two shoes. Not even for something minor like being late?

Yes. Nope, always came too lessons 20 minutes early.
Can't remember how many times but not excessive amounts like above with the 100 :rofl:

I think one teacher threatened to call home but she never did because I told her to go ahead :colone:

Damn that is weird I've never heard of that before
Only once. I still have the note!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Many times:tongue:

By far the worst was that I once ran away from the teacher and he chased we around the school for a good 10 minutes. I even jumped the school gate and he still followed me but he never got me:biggrin:

Next day I found out I got a months worth of detention :frown:
Reply 14
Eh like 8 or so, all for being late. But I deserved so many more, I was late pretty much every day in year 9, and most days in year 10. By year 11 it was only 1 a week on average :smile:
Never had one, but I did get sent out of a chemistry lesson a few months ago :teehee:
Original post by usycool1
Never had one, but I did get sent out of a chemistry lesson a few months ago :teehee:

:rofl: me too!

Apparently I was being facetious :frown:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can't remember how many times but not excessive amounts like above with the 100 :rofl:

I think one teacher threatened to call home but she never did because I told her to go ahead :colone:

That's bad ass.

I got suspended because I was making money off doing people's homework :rofl:
Reply 18
the amount of times I spent outside my maths class in year 7-8 oh the memories. didn't help that my cousin had his lesson in the class opposite.
Had quite a few detentions. For some reason my house number couldn't be called from in the area where my school was located.
Once had a fight and didn't even get a detention
1 teacher threatened to hold my GCSE certificates because I refused to pay for a book which I 'apparently' never returned. I told her to go for it and that I aren't paying.
I start 6th form in September and she apologised because apparently she found the book in her house.
Felt like gloating so much but she was red in the face from the apology and I was there grinning like a madman
Reply 19

I should be more like you. I've had thousands of detentions for being late even though I don't even live far. And hundreds of other detentions for other dumb things..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending