The Student Room Group

Queen Mary University VS Portsmouth University

Hi,

I am looking to transfer from QM to Portsmouth, Qm is the most depressing place ever. You think it is worth doing the transfer?
What are you studying? I loved portsmouth- some departments are better than others though.
Reply 2
Original post by RachelFiveee
What are you studying? I loved portsmouth- some departments are better than others though.

Economics or computing ?
Original post by ppeter
Economics or computing ?

My housemate did Economics and was thrilled with the department and the course. He graduated this year and recently started on a grad scheme with a global bank, not sure about Computing. The university itself has quite a community feel even though it is rather large, theres always something to do- the union is great as well.
Reply 4
My housemate did Economics and was thrilled with the department and the course. He graduated this year and recently started on a grad scheme with a global bank, not sure about Computing. The university itself has quite a community feel even though it is rather large, theres always something to do- the union is great as well.

oh really, so the graduate prospects are good ?
Original post by ppeter
oh really, so the graduate prospects are good ?

Yeah, although as with any degree nowadays its not a golden ticket- if you can get some voluntary work or a paid job while you study it will help get you a good job after. One of my other friends is off to study a Masters at Imperial after being awarded an academic scholarship; so portsmouth can definitely help you get somewhere in life. Maybe try and get down to an open day and see the uni and talk to some current students? The library is being redone as well so should be really good.
Reply 6
Yeah, although as with any degree nowadays its not a golden ticket- if you can get some voluntary work or a paid job while you study it will help get you a good job after. One of my other friends is off to study a Masters at Imperial after being awarded an academic scholarship; so portsmouth can definitely help you get somewhere in life. Maybe try and get down to an open day and see the uni and talk to some current students? The library is being redone as well so should be really good.

Yes I agree. Can I ask what Bank your house mate that did Economics is working at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending