The Student Room Group

Not having enough sex

Oops
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

A good sex life is an important factor in a healthy relationship. What is it about living at your parents' houses that makes it so difficult?
Original post by XMaramena
A good sex life is an important factor in a healthy relationship. What is it about living at your parents' houses that makes it so difficult?

I'd also like to add to this and say are you absolutely sure you cannot move out? Considering you said you both have jobs depending on the area you live it could be much more possible than you think to move out and get a place together.
Reply 3
Original post by XMaramena

I sleep in a single bed and her parents aren't comfortable with me spending the night at their house (well at least not in the same bed!)...despite being ok with us going on holidays together :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by SophieSmall
I'd also like to add to this and say are you absolutely sure you cannot move out? Considering you said you both have jobs depending on the area you live it could be much more possible than you think to move out and get a place together.

We can of course just pay rent somewhere but it would feel like an unnecessary waste of money unless we owned the property (thinking of apartments). Hence the 2 years waiting until we can seriously look at buying something
Original post by Louis Litt
We can of course just pay rent somewhere but it would feel like an unnecessary waste of money unless we owned the property (thinking of apartments). Hence the 2 years waiting until we can seriously look at buying something

Holy crap how much are you getting paid if you are consider buying something in just 2 years? O.o
Reply 6
Holy crap how much are you getting paid if you are consider buying something in just 2 years? O.o

:tongue: We have a combined income of around £60k right now but I think my dad will also help me out if it means buying a place! He's always stressed the importance of getting on the property ladder...
:tongue: We have a combined income of around £60k right now but I think my dad will also help me out if it means buying a place! He's always stressed the importance of getting on the property ladder...

That's great to hear! Good luck with that :smile:
Reply 8
That's great to hear! Good luck with that :smile:

Cheers
Reply 9
You and me both mate...
Reply 10
Buy a double bed at yours, rent your own apartment, stay together at the house of an understanding friend with a mansion, find a good value B&B or stay at Travel Lodge, in summer theres camping or discretely in the outdoors. So, no excuses, mind you I don't think you can expect a frequency of 5-10 times per week to last for ever.
Reply 11

Should be alright if they cut back on the theatre shows and dinners..
Well you chose to live at your parents place.

And don't give me that yap about buying a place, me abs my girl have a combined income half of yours and we rent a place near to two city centres, three bedrooms and still have money to spare in our banks after all is done.

How much do you need for your deposit?
Reply 13
Original post by WeedCanKill
Well you chose to live at your parents place.

And don't give me that yap about buying a place, me abs my girl have a combined income half of yours and we rent a place near to two city centres, three bedrooms and still have money to spare in our banks after all is done.

How much do you need for your deposit?

But do you get your oats 5-10 times per week?
You can buy another mattress :biggrin: problem solved.
So I met my girlfriend at university and we've been together for 3 years now. We used to have sex all the time, (around 5-10 times a week). I love her to bits and see her regularly after work for dinner and watching theatre shows et

After graduating, we've been living with our parents and got jobs and it's hard to spend time alone together, in particular nights together.

We can go out for getaway weekends and the like but I'm not keen on spending £100+each time just to have sex. Having said that we went out last weekend and it was amazing; if it was a bit cheaper I would consider regular weekend holidays.

Thinking about this for longer, I thought this would be quite a common problem for couples around 22-25 years old to have but couldn't find much on it.

Im really struggling to go from having sex every day to every 6 weeks or so (And at an expense too!)

Living together wouldn't be financially possible for at least another couple of years.
Is there anything that can be done other than to suck it up for the next few years? :frown:

Public sex.

Get back to masterbating in your parents house, for those 2 years.

But the best would be to just rent your own place, I know it would delay you two buying a house, but I'd rather have my own cheap place especially when I can afford to rent one and just delay buying house a bit.

Oh come on, you can easily afford to live together, it wouldn't be a waste of money for the very reason you've given in making this thread...
Reply 17
Get married. Then her parents will allow you to sleep together. Ta-da, problem solved.
At least you're getting sex
Suck it up and both sleep in your single bed - sex is worth the discomfort

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending