The Student Room Group

experienced an approach at the bus stop

My first ever experience at a guy approaching a girl was witnessed at the bus stop a few weeks ago. Would have written this post then but was busy with work.

Honestly it was so much cringe. I felt sorry for the lad, he didn't do anything wrong he was trying to make normal conversation with the girl , nothing awkward, but what made it awkward was her total non interest in him. This was an Indian guy approaching an Indian girl and the guy even looked above average.

Then it hit me, all my theories unravelling right in front of my eyes, all my theories being proved right in front of me. All of them. Guaranteed if this guy was white the girl would have given him his number ASAP, guaranteed if the guy was an 8 or above /10 the girl would have given him her number.

They were both in the same looks league and he wasn't awkward.

Proves how much of a fraud confidence , personality and approaching girls is.

Lol I will never debase myself to approach and girl and let her get an ego boost out of it NEVER. I'd rather have my balls chopped off than to approach a girl anywhere whether it be on the street, at a club or a bar.

Now the girl at the bus stop probably has an ego the size of the solar system due to perfectly fine looking guys approaching her everywhere and she thinks she's a 10/10 model who deserves nothing short of Brad Pitt.

It seems I am the lone crusader against this fight against the inequality men face, I am a martyr who will be remembered and cheered in the future by men for sacrificing myself for the betterment of future men.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow lol.

Maybe she had a BF, wasn't interested in dating etc.
~Get a life~
Reply 2
I'm getting the feeling by your anger that this was not a guy that approached her. It was you and got knocked back. Why would you be so bothered about that situation to then wait a few days to then post about it?? Did somebody else's apparent misfortune bother you that much that two days later you just had to share it? Or was it you that got rejected which has annoyed you? I face rejection constantly and no exactly how it feels. I'm with you on the fact that women today are too demanding, unrealistic with their expectations of men but I'm not angry about it. Confused about why they think they deserve to hold ALL the power. But not angry.
There's plenty of reasons for a girl not to be interested in a guy that don't involve feeling superior to them...
Reply 4
Original post by Inazuma
Wow lol.

Maybe she had a BF, wasn't interested in dating etc.
~Get a life~

"~Get a life~" I think you need to. Asking for her number doesn't always mean they have to go out or out on a date.
Reply 5
Original post by Helpme.
"~Get a life~" I think you need to. Asking for her number doesn't always mean they have to go out or out on a date.

While I believe people have the right to approach others in public and talk / whatever, I also reserve the right to not be interested.

You have no clue why she may not have been interested, so stupid assumptions and generalisations will just turn you into a paranoid little boy who probably can't get a GF.
She may have been upset, or not from the area, or didn't speak the language etc.
Reply 6
Original post by what is this
My first ever experience at a guy approaching a girl was witnessed at the bus stop a few weeks ago. Would have written this post then but was busy with work.

Honestly it was so much cringe. I felt sorry for the lad, he didn't do anything wrong he was trying to make normal conversation with the girl , nothing awkward, but what made it awkward was her total non interest in him. This was an Indian guy approaching an Indian girl and the guy even looked above average.

Then it hit me, all my theories unravelling right in front of my eyes, all my theories being proved right in front of me. All of them. Guaranteed if this guy was white the girl would have given him his number ASAP, guaranteed if the guy was an 8 or above /10 the girl would have given him her number.

Lol I will never debase myself to approach and girl and let her get an ego boost out of it NEVER. I'd rather have my balls chopped off than to approach a girl anywhere whether it be on the street, at a club or a bar.

Now the girl at the bus stop probably has an ego the size of the solar system due to perfectly fine looking guys approaching her everywhere and she thinks she's a 10/10 model who deserves nothing short of Brad Pitt.

It seems I am the lone crusader against this fight against the inequality men face, I am a martyr who will be remembered and cheered in the future by men for sacrificing myself for the betterment of future men.

Just approach man i personally get a buzz off it. You are not debasing yourself,you are a man and you are going after what you want.If they ain't feeling you just walk away no big deal it's their loss.
"He didn't do anything wrong", but neither did the girl... Do you really think she is obligated to talk to a guy who may or may not be hitting on her? Regardless who the guy was, his skin colour, his attitude, anybody with their own free will and can respond any way they choose. It seems as though you're questioning that girl's right to ignore someone. Does she owe him her attention?
In any case, please ask yourself why it offends you so much. Is it the fact that she has an ego? If so, why can a girl not have an ego while a guy like you can? Is it because she has higher standards than you would like? Don't you allow yourself to have standards?
Reply 8
Original post by Inazuma
While I believe people have the right to approach others in public and talk / whatever, I also reserve the right to not be interested.

You have no clue why she may not have been interested, so stupid assumptions and generalisations will just turn you into a paranoid little boy who probably can't get a GF.
She may have been upset, or not from the area, or didn't speak the language etc.

Didn't ask about you. You are making "stupid assumptions and generalisations"and I'm not paranoid and I would get a GF but cba.

Do you live in London? If so you've only just realized that girls here are entitled and highly indoctrinated?
Have you considered the possibility that she might have already had a boyfriend, OP? :colonhash:
Original post by Helpme.
Didn't ask about you. You are making "stupid assumptions and generalisations"and I'm not paranoid and I would get a GF but cba.

All I can hear is 'blab blab unhappy/unsatisfied male' :blah:
Original post by Helpme.

I've been randomly asked out in the street by a few guys and each time, I said that I'm always very happy to make new friends, but that I feel that - in case they're looking for something more - I should let them know that I'm in a relationship.

Funnily enough, none of them actually took my number.
Original post by Inazuma
All I can hear is 'blab blab unhappy/unsatisfied male' :blah:

All I can see is ignorance.
X

Up until a few days ago I would have shrugged this off as a stupid post. However, I recently realised the meaning of what it means to be an average Asian male in the UK. It means you're beta. You're always second choice to both Asian girls or non-Asian girls.

To make up for this, you must have an extraordinary personality, extraordinary physique and an extraordinary intellect. But I'm NOT here to sympathise with you. I'm telling you to get your life in order, work hard, get a successful job, change your personality, work on your physique, and you should have no problem getting a girl.
Unless you saw a white guy go and talk to her, that's a pretty huge assumption.

And even if you did, that's still extremely closed minded of you. Because two people are "in the same league" they simply must swap numbers as soon as one spots the other? That they are attracted to the same type of people, and neither are in a relationship, or hoping for one with somebody else?

Open your eyes and your mind, OP.
Getting approached by a strangeris the most awkward and intimidating thing ever. Yes, his intentions maybe harmless but the person being approached doesn't know that and can get worried

Being good looking is an entirely subjective thing, if she didn't find him attractive why is she at fault? Are we not allowed to have personal preferences? Maybe she had a boyfriend,maybe she was a lesbian, maybe she just didn't want to talk to the guy and she doesn't need any justification to ignore someone she has never met before.
Reply 17
Original post by Helpme.

So what you take her number so you can go shoe shopping together? Come on.
Original post by Foo.mp3

Eh? Why bring gender into it? :mute:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm bored and ill etc. and feel like being too harsh basically
He's at a bus stop meaning he doesn't have a car. That's why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending