The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blissfully
was everyones interview date the same yesterday? if so can we assume they've given out the first batch?

Nope, they were for different days

Posted from TSR Mobile
No further interviews today?? Aaah man that's annoying...hope they do another lot next week and don't make us wait for too long :frown:
Original post by beansontoast92
Nope, they were for different days

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I saw (and my interview) looked like they were all for the 8th/9th/10th December, which is close to the same batch?
Original post by EmilyKvothe
From what I saw (and my interview) looked like they were all for the 8th/9th/10th December, which is close to the same batch?

Ohh Yehh true true, so maybe they'll send off interviews for that week first. Then maybe in a few weeks time they'll start sending invites for the week after!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all! I was in the same position as you this time last year.
With the help of Tania<3 it was much easier.
So thought I'll help out this year as well.
Any questions don't hesitate to message me.
Good luck!
Reply 705
Original post by Layontheland
Good luck!

Well, if you don't mind sharing... What were your stats? As in A Level results (AS and A2) and UKCAT? Also, did you get any offers other than St Georges? Thanks!! :biggrin:
Original post by JennaK
Well, if you don't mind sharing... What were your stats? As in A Level results (AS and A2) and UKCAT? Also, did you get any offers other than St Georges? Thanks!! :biggrin:

A-levels:
AAAAB

AS at the time I applied:
AAAA (had completed an a-level earlier)

UKCAT:

Offers for medicine:
Only got St. G but a reserve offer from Imperial depending on if I got any other offers. It was a bit strange.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 707
A-levels:
AAAAB

AS at the time I applied:
AAAA (had completed an a-level earlier)

UKCAT:

Offers for medicine:
Only got St. G but a reserve offer from Imperial depending on if I got any other offers. It was a bit strange.

Thanks! What were the other unis you applied to and did you get any interviews? I've applied for St George's, UEA, Keele and Barts, so I'm just wondering if you have any experiences with these unis...?
Original post by JennaK
Thanks! What were the other unis you applied to and did you get any interviews? I've applied for St George's, UEA, Keele and Barts, so I'm just wondering if you have any experiences with these unis...?

Hi I didn't apply for the others for medicine so I can't tell you much about them. But from what I know of Barts they have higher standards for UKCAT then St. George's to expect the cut off ukcat for Barts to be higher.

I got no other interviews, St. G was my only one.
Good luck!

What was the Interview process like? I heard a lot of people on the waiting list last year got offers (I'm not 100% sure in this though) do you know if it happens for 2013 entry as well?
Good luck!

Hey, how does SGUL decide who to give offer to after interview? Is it purely dependent on the interview score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we have to give a letter of proof for a part time job we have?
Original post by JennaK

Hey! I've also applied to SGUL, UEA and Keele!! Only difference is I have Exeter instead of Barts. Good luck with everything :smile:
Reply 713
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Hey! I've also applied to SGUL, UEA and Keele!! Only difference is I have Exeter instead of Barts. Good luck with everything :smile:

Wow, we have really similar choices, haha. Which one would you most want to get an offer for? And good luck with things too! Also, let me know if you get any interviews :biggrin:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Hoping they send out more interviews today!! :smile:

Omg ahhhh people have gotten interviews already??? Any international applicants here? I'm from Singapore!
640 avg. (2560 overall) so im guessing the wait is gonna be a long one since theyre called people in the region of 700 atm
Wbu?

I don't think it's done like that. They said that, at this point, they are looking at the academic achievements of those who scored above the cutoff.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I don't think it's done like that. They said that, at this point, they are looking at the academic achievements of those who scored above the cutoff.

I hope what you said is right cos my UKCAT is bad!! Im juse presuming cos all the peopl on this thread with interviews have 700+ in the UKCAT.
btw how'd you know? did u email them or is it on their website?
I hope what you said is right cos my UKCAT is bad!! Im juse presuming cos all the peopl on this thread with interviews have 700+ in the UKCAT.
btw how'd you know? did u email them or is it on their website?

It said on their email that they are looking at our applications.

On their website it says that the UKCAT is used to make a cut-off and to rank the post-interview waiting list, which is basically madde up of people who don't receives offers or rejections straight away.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
It said on their email that they are looking at our applications.

On their website it says that the UKCAT is used to make a cut-off and to rank the post-interview waiting list, which is basically madde up of people who don't receives offers or rejections straight away.

ohh i see, thanks for clearing that up:smile:
If you look at the UKCAT deciles, less people made the cut off this year compared to last year. So more chances of getting interviews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending