The Student Room Group

UCAS - Fee payer question

I'm not sure if I've put the correct one down, I live in England and will be getting a loan from Student Finance England. Is the following option correct?

"SLC,SAAS,NIBd,EU,Chl,IoM"
Reply 1
Original post by M!lad
I'm not sure if I've put the correct one down, I live in England and will be getting a loan from Student Finance England. Is the following option correct?

"SLC,SAAS,NIBd,EU,Chl,IoM"

Yes that's right - Student Finance England process your application but the loan element is then paid by SLC
Reply 2
Original post by Geomum
Yes that's right - Student Finance England process your application but the loan element is then paid by SLC

Ahh ok thanks, but how come on the SLC website it mentions wales and Scotland but not england? It's weird
Reply 3
Original post by M!lad
Ahh ok thanks, but how come on the SLC website it mentions wales and Scotland but not england? It's weird

Just poor comms. SLC is the body set up for student loans. They gradually took over the processing of all student support in England and Wales and created the student-facing SFE and SFW to do the processing. Situation in Scotland is slightly different with SAAS processing the applications as an agency of Scottish Govt - they then pay bursaries and tuition fees (if at a scottish institution) and pass the assessment of loan and tuition fee loan (if studying outwith scotland) to SLC to pay. Gets even more complicated if a nursing course or allied health profession as the NHS then gets involved too...
Reply 4
Original post by Geomum
Just poor comms. SLC is the body set up for student loans. They gradually took over the processing of all student support in England and Wales and created the student-facing SFE and SFW to do the processing. Situation in Scotland is slightly different with SAAS processing the applications as an agency of Scottish Govt - they then pay bursaries and tuition fees (if at a scottish institution) and pass the assessment of loan and tuition fee loan (if studying outwith scotland) to SLC to pay. Gets even more complicated if a nursing course or allied health profession as the NHS then gets involved too...

Ahh alright, thanks for the info :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending