The Student Room Group

Falling for my teacher.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdamCee
Wait - sorry so you're currently in Year 13 and you go to the university outside of school completely for a current student to teach you?

In that case I'm not too sure. I am relatively sure that once you finished your two months with him and you aren't at the uni any longer, you'll be fine, but not certain.

Tbh I have no idea where you could find the proper answer to this. I'm sure there's a website where you can ask legal related questions - they'll probably be able to give slightly better advice than TSR... (Unless there are some law grads here but I don't know any)

Year 13 and I'm doing an AS on my own just because so my sch organised these support lessons which are once a week
I'm supposed to be in uni this year actually but due to personal reasons I'm not, but I'm applying to uni this year
The support lessons are held at his university and he's a volunteer with the support programme so he teaches me and 2 other students who are also doing this AS on their own
Original post by Anonymous
Year 13 and I'm doing an AS on my own just because so my sch organised these support lessons which are once a week
I'm supposed to be in uni this year actually but due to personal reasons I'm not, but I'm applying to uni this year
The support lessons are held at his university and he's a volunteer with the support programme so he teaches me and 2 other students who are also doing this AS on their own

So you're repeating year 13? The age equivalent of a first year uni student?

If he's only a volunteer you're 18 and it's nothing to do with school... I think.... Think... You would be fine.

But as I said, I would suggest getting a more professional opinion tbh.
Original post by AdamCee
So you're repeating year 13? The age equivalent of a first year uni student?

If he's only a volunteer you're 18 and it's nothing to do with school... I think.... Think... You would be fine.

But as I said, I would suggest getting a more professional opinion tbh.

I'm not gonna get another opinion, I was just really curious and this is probably gonna pass and I'll laugh about it later :P
He's just a volunteer with the programme but the fact that he's teaching me is probably dodgy and he could have a gf for all i know
but thanks anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not gonna get another opinion, I was just really curious and this is probably gonna pass and I'll laugh about it later :P
He's just a volunteer with the programme but the fact that he's teaching me is probably dodgy and he could have a gf for all i know
but thanks anyway :biggrin:

Fair enough, tbh maybe that is too far xD

Worth a shot I guess. Never know. No probs :smile:
Chances are, as a more mature male, he'd probably most likely be more interested in girls his own age and at a similar stage in their lives as he is in his - about to embark on a career... That's if he doesn't already have a girlfriend.. So I wouldn't worry about it, you're chances of ever getting into a relationship with this man are, most likely, very, VERY slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Postgraduates usually do the teaching bit once every other term. So there is a good chance that he wont be teaching you or anyone else after Christmas. If you're considering approaching him, wait until then :wink:

PS. just noticed the "year 13" bit and i'm not really in the mood of going through the whole thread. anyway, my comment above is valid for Uni students who are interested in their fellow students that are actually doing post graduate studies and from time to time do some tutoring or teaching.
(edited 9 years ago)
I had another lesson with him, we're actually really compatible, it's so sad :frown:
During the lesson we went off on so many tangents about really random hobbies and things that fascinate us and the rest of the class were just staring like...whut I cannot even relate to any of this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending