The Student Room Group

Msc in Marketing and in Management for people with non marketing/business background

Hi guys,
Julian from Italy.
I've been thinking about the next move (I already have a Master's degree in European Studies) and finally came to decision: Marketing or Business/Management

So now I spend my time looking for UK Uni with the best MSc programmes that accept people with non marketing/business degree.
I'm using different rankings but mostly EdUniversal and Complete Uni Guide but it is really hard. For instance: MBS is highly regarded by EdU but not by Complete Uni guide.
Anyway I came up with this list so far (Marketing):
1) Manchester Business School - Faculty of Humanaties
MSc in Marketing

2) Lancaster MSc in Marketing

Management:

1) Manchester Business School - Faculty of Humanties
MSc in Corporate Communications and Reputation Management

2) Manchester Business School - Faculty of Humanities
Msc in International Business and Management

3) Bath University MSc in Management
4) St Andrews MSc in Management
5) Aston Business School
MSc International Business

6) Trinity College Dublin - Trinity School of Business
MSc in International Management

7) Trinity College Dublin - Trinity School of Business
MSc in Business and Management

Now the fun part :biggrin::biggrin:: I need your help guys to narrow the list or to add better programmes. I'm looking at the employability, prestige, courses and these seem to be the best but I'm not from UK and rankings are crazy, I'd like to read your first hand opinions/experiences

thanks so much guys
J.
Reply 1
You need to look at ranking for marketing or business courses.

Your selection is an interesting list. If you look at teaching, research, employment and professional development:

Warwick MSc marketing
Imperial
Manchester, Cranfield, Cass
Bath, Strathclyde

Aston and St Andrews marketing is not as highly regarded, but you may use them as insurance
Reply 2
jr7
OP
Original post by Tcannon
You need to look at ranking for marketing or business courses.

Your selection is an interesting list. If you look at teaching, research, employment and professional development:

Warwick MSc marketing
Imperial
Manchester, Cranfield, Cass
Bath, Strathclyde

Aston and St Andrews marketing is not as highly regarded, but you may use them as insurance

thanks for the answer!
I forgot to say that I'm looking for programmes around 10thousands£ so Warwick, Imperial way our of my league.

I put St. Andrews and Aston in the list for Management not for Marketing.
is your list only about MSc in Marketing?

Cranfield, I excluded it because I don't like the location but good Uni though.

Guys, help is needed here :biggrin:
Reply 3
jr7
OP
anyone?
Manchester and Lancaster are excellent choices in terms of employability and prestige
Reply 5
jr7
OP
Original post by Kash24411
Manchester and Lancaster are excellent choices in terms of employability and prestige

thanks!

what about St. Andrews, Bath and Aston for Management?

Also I'm not sure if Trinity in Dublin holds some weight outside Ireland whereas I know that St. Andrews is regarded even in the States
Original post by jr7
thanks!

what about St. Andrews, Bath and Aston for Management?

Also I'm not sure if Trinity in Dublin holds some weight outside Ireland whereas I know that St. Andrews is regarded even in the States

Once again they are a another great set of universities with strong management schools, sorry i can't really give you an in depth pro's and cons of each but you are most definitely looking at the right universities.

Not sure about Trinity.
Reply 7
jr7
OP
UP :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending