The Student Room Group

St. George's UoL GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody have an interview on the 20th?? It would be nice to see some TSRers!
Original post by Absorbaloff
Does anybody have an interview on the 20th?? It would be nice to see some TSRers!

me! time?
Original post by ceciafb
me! time?

At 2 or 3. Im happy its not early in the morning
At 2 or 3. Im happy its not early in the morning

likewise! Oh god same time :eek: scared! Hope you're not one of those people who try and psych people out! (I did my undergrad in psych so dont try hahaha)
Original post by ceciafb
likewise! Oh god same time :eek: scared! Hope you're not one of those people who try and psych people out! (I did my undergrad in psych so dont try hahaha)

I dont want to psyche anyone out!
I dont want to psyche anyone out!

Oops I cant even bloody spell it! Great, looking forward to meeting you! Did you apply to swansea as well?
Original post by ceciafb
Oops I cant even bloody spell it! Great, looking forward to meeting you! Did you apply to swansea as well?

There was a lot of it in my first interview 3 years ago, asked my psych house mate for something's to do/say if anyone starts trying it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosser1994
There was a lot of it in my first interview 3 years ago, asked my psych house mate for something's to do/say if anyone starts trying it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I learnt nothing useful in my degree unfortunately :frown:
Original post by ceciafb

Nah, I applied to St Georges, Warwick, Kings and Cambridge (interviewed and wait listed). I did the gamsat solely for St Georges
Nah, I applied to St Georges, Warwick, Kings and Cambridge (interviewed and wait listed). I did the gamsat solely for St Georges

Ah the big ones! Have you got an interview at warwick?
Original post by ceciafb
Ah the big ones! Have you got an interview at warwick?

I just checked my mail and saw an email from warwick and thought it was a rejection and now I have an interVIEW TUESDAY 17THHH. AAAAGHHHH
I just checked my mail and saw an email from warwick and thought it was a rejection and now I have an interVIEW TUESDAY 17THHH. AAAAGHHHH

Snap for warwick and SGUL then!

(congrats also, i did the same thing!!)
Original post by ceciafb
Snap for warwick and SGUL then!

(congrats also, i did the same thing!!)

I'm getting really red and sweaty and smiley on the ward. People are looking at me disgustingly :s
(edited 9 years ago)
Still awaiting them to resend the email.. Can someone post up the email so I need to know what to do in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
After a couple of days of trying to speak to someone in admissions at St Georges, I finally got through to someone who listened and didn't just read a scripted response.

So I haven't been scheduled for an interview yet, don't know what that means really but I meet the entry requirements so still have to presume I will get an interview.

Apparently the person in charge has been ill (not sure who that is, maybe Micki Regan?), so that might explain why some have received their invites and others are still waiting. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?
Original post by wilfred87
After a couple of days of trying to speak to someone in admissions at St Georges, I finally got through to someone who listened and didn't just read a scripted response.

So I haven't been scheduled for an interview yet, don't know what that means really but I meet the entry requirements so still have to presume I will get an interview.

Apparently the person in charge has been ill (not sure who that is, maybe Micki Regan?), so that might explain why some have received their invites and others are still waiting. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Yeah micki has the week off, from what I was told Tuesday, finally got the email resent so I now know everything for te interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah micki has the week off, from what I was told Tuesday, finally got the email resent so I now know everything for te interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh ok, I figured they must have meant Micki was off. Any chance you could post it up? I want to know what to expect or if there is anything you have to do before the interview (e.g. Swansea we had to sign up and get our tickets to interview).

Can't help but be a little concerned, I have not noticed anyone else who hasn't been informed of their interview yet apart from you (and that was a communication error, whereas I was specifically told an interview hasn't been scheduled yet).

Any other people in my posistion feel free to chime in, it will settle my nerves knowing i am not the only one!
Original post by wilfred87
Ahhh ok, I figured they must have meant Micki was off. Any chance you could post it up? I want to know what to expect or if there is anything you have to do before the interview (e.g. Swansea we had to sign up and get our tickets to interview).

Can't help but be a little concerned, I have not noticed anyone else who hasn't been informed of their interview yet apart from you (and that was a communication error, whereas I was specifically told an interview hasn't been scheduled yet).

Any other people in my posistion feel free to chime in, it will settle my nerves knowing i am not the only one!

She did tell me on the phone that interviews go up to April, so it might be plenty of time yet.
Reply 158
She did tell me on the phone that interviews go up to April, so it might be plenty of time yet.

Micki directed me to the October email where dates say they only interview in Jan... :/

Yeah that is just what those helping out in admissions say, I don't think they quite understand that there are different medicine courses, so that is probably only relevant to undergrads.

The A101 page clearly states that MMI's for grads are from the 6th-24th January. It wasn't until I confronted the person on the phone and told them they are wrong that they put me through to someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending