The Student Room Group

Things people said to you that made you catch feels

Me and a few of my friends had this discussion over a pint. It was quite interesting what people said. Was curious how TSR would respond.

So basically the question is what had people said to you that made you catch feelings (romantic feelings) for them. Now it can be as intense as you like, maybe it was just something they said that touched you in a romantic way and made you feel more affection or maybe it was so big you just fell in love. The main point is not so much about what happened after but that initial spark it made you feel. That intense kick to your heart that surprised you or took you off guard.

So if you could drop the lines.
then also mention your gender and theirs how old you were and if your still together or not.

also theres just one exception, it cannot be the words "I love you." or "I'm falling in love wit you" just cause those are so common.

also you don't have to have been in a relationship it could of been said to you by anyone.

So I'll get it going.

2 moments.

1. "I see myself as precious... and I didn't think I would find someone who would treat me like I'm precious and I didn't think they would be precious too. Two things so precious together is beautiful to me"

I'm a guy, this was said to me by a girl, I was 19 she was 22. We broke up a year later.

2. "I want you. Can I have you?"
This was last year. Really had a big effect on me in the moment and stuck with me till today.
I was 23 at the time. She was 27. We Broke up literally like a month after that.

your turn....
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lol you serious? No one moment can make me catch feels?
I don't think there's one moment, there's been quite a few with this guy I'm with now but we exchanged gifts last Sunday. He gave me this bracelet that was in the same style as jewelry worn by vikings since I'm really into them. The moment was him explaining how he found this guy who's in the Isle of Man who made it using the same metal they did, that he chose a design that he thought I would like. It was incredibly sweet that he got such a personal gift and went to so much effort. And I was like damn I'm going to marry this guy. Haha don't know if I will but that was the crazy thought that went through my head. I'm 18 and a girl, he's 23.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Only catchy feeling I get is before and after opening my results day letter.
Already had feelings for her but this only strengthened them.

"Even if you're lying it's okay"
"I feel funny..is that chloroform?"

just kidding..

Merry Santa guys.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Girl (16) to me (17): 'When I think of what kind of person you are and what you mean to me - I think you're the most caring and open person I know. It's like you're something pure'
If you come with my I'll look after you, I won't give you a reason to complain. Trust in me. I'll look after you so well, I'd make you the happiest girl alive.

But when the time came the bastard must have forgot :colonhash:
Reply 8
"Oh my, you have such a hot body" she said as she was taking my boxers off

:mmm:
"You're my missing piece".Had me thinking about him for time....still do.
Original post by Anonymous
If you come with my I'll look after you, I won't give you a reason to complain. Trust in me. I'll look after you so well, I'd make you the happiest girl alive.

But when the time came the bastard must have forgot :colonhash:

This.
"I feel as if I won the lottery when I found you, you are everything I dreamed of"

Both said to me (21) by my boyfriend (26) :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Relationships bring the best, and most heady, moments and also the most despairing..
Original post by Blackshadow
"I feel funny..is that chloroform?"

just kidding..

Merry Santa guys.

lol 10/10
Reply 14
Original post by MissLalaxx
"You're my missing piece".Had me thinking about him for time....still do.

see thats the kinda thing im talkin about. those slick short lines that linger in ur head. said in like a passing moment but that strike a chord.
Reply 15
a story about a mother and her one eye and how her son hated her or something, if anyone can post it here i'll be thankful.
Reply 16
Original post by beaverhausen
I don't think there's one moment, there's been quite a few with this guy I'm with now but we exchanged gifts last Sunday. He gave me this bracelet that was in the same style as jewelry worn by vikings since I'm really into them. The moment was him explaining how he found this guy who's in the Isle of Man who made it using the same metal they did, that he chose a design that he thought I would like. It was incredibly sweet that he got such a personal gift and went to so much effort. And I was like damn I'm going to marry this guy. Haha don't know if I will but that was the crazy thought that went through my head. I'm 18 and a girl, he's 23.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats really cool. u watch vikings? the tv show? if u dont you should u'd love it. although it might put you off cuz its so kinda... gritty and real.
Original post by Mick.w
see thats the kinda thing im talkin about. those slick short lines that linger in ur head. said in like a passing moment but that strike a chord.

Yup sweet guy he is.:smile:
I (22) said as a joke: you've forgotten what I look like already? He (20) said: as if I could've forgotten your face you have the cutest smile no joke. - friends-ish

'You would make the perfect wife' - my best friend (24)
'Think, think, and to think I'll give you my entire life'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending