The Student Room Group

[Girls] The Perfect Height For Guys?

Scroll to see replies

Most men think they are taller than they actually are. I'm 6'9
Original post by OU Student
5ft 7. Any taller and it's going to hurt looking up and talking to you. :frown: :redface:

Ugh! Being 5 ft 7 and a half has NO perks.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Ugh! Being 5 ft 7 and a half has NO perks.

I'm only 5'4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Charlotte15
Will I envy your gcse exam results

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha been looking at my stats :tongue:, they aren't anything special really considering the *s are in Art, Physics and RS. I go to an ultra competitive grammar as well so they are about average. What type of school do you go to?/ did you do well in exams?
Original post by Willburrr
aha been looking at my stats :tongue:, they aren't anything special really considering the *s are in Art, Physics and RS. I go to an ultra competitive grammar as well so they are about average. What type of school do you go to?/ did you do well in exams?

Public school for me and I'm doing mine this year :/ 2 years of work to remember better get started 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh only A* in physics😂 I hate physics can't wait to finish the course. However, tiny bit of pressure is off me because I've done alright in my coursework 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 5'7" - so 5'7" - 6'0" is good. Ideally about 5'8"/5'9"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamesManc
Most men think they are taller than they actually are.

This. I get a lot of people adamant that their friend is taller than me, I eventually end up meeting said friend, and no surprise, they are not.

Very few people in the UK even remotely close to my 7'3".
Original post by iainvg
This. I get a lot of people adamant that their friend is taller than me, I eventually end up meeting said friend, and no surprise, they are not.

Very few people in the UK even remotely close to my 7'3".

You are no way 7'3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh only A* in physics������ I hate physics can't wait to finish the course. However, tiny bit of pressure is off me because I've done alright in my coursework ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice work in doing well in the coursework though! Its really not that hard, I did well being an ******** at the time, having a poor work ethic and turning up to the last exam hungover. I'm sure you will do fine, and tbh GCSEs in the grand scheme of things don't matter, they are only stepping stones to A2 so don't worry. As long as you get on to the courses you want in Y12 then you will be fine, I'm doing Y13 now and I know a guy who got As and Bs at GCSE who has got offers to do law at 5 top ten unis. So relax and enjoy lofe before it starts getting too serious :smile:)
Nice work in doing well in the coursework though! Its really not that hard, I did well being an ******** at the time, having a poor work ethic and turning up to the last exam hungover. I'm sure you will do fine, and tbh GCSEs in the grand scheme of things don't matter, they are only stepping stones to A2 so don't worry. As long as you get on to the courses you want in Y12 then you will be fine, I'm doing Y13 now and I know a guy who got As and Bs at GCSE who has got offers to do law at 5 top ten unis. So relax and enjoy lofe before it starts getting too serious :smile:)

Aww that is such good advice. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does fly by can't believe I'm leaving school in 5 months

Posted from TSR Mobile
my boyfriend is 5'8 and he is perfect height for me, as I'm only 5'3
It does fly by can't believe I'm leaving school in 5 months

Posted from TSR Mobile

does your school have a sixth form or are you going elsewhere?
Not going to lie, I'm a heightist. Which is bad, I know, as nobody can help it. As a tall girl, I have had too many hot, nice shorter guys approach me who I have turned down. My friend says I'm shallow, but being tall you feel insecure having to loom over everyone anyway, so having a taller partner is a nice break. :wink: I'm not really strict, but any taller than my height (5'8") and you've got a good chance! :colone: However, I really don't understand when girls who are like 5'2" say 'no-one under 6ft'. It's like, damn girl, go for someone your own height! Leave the tall guys to the tall girls so we can make Olympians :wink:

As for judging a girl by her weight, I think that is acceptable. It can be changed, after all. I just think it's a much more sensitive topic to bring up in public.
Personally I like guys who are taller than me, but not too much taller than me.
So I'm around 5ft 2", I'd say any height between that and maybe 5ft 10" is fine, then it gets too tall
As long as he's taller than me i can live with it.
It's going to depend on the height of the girl.

As a guess I would say the sweet spot would be anywhere between 6'0" and 6'4" before extra height starts tailing off.

Also it depends on the guy's build. If he's slim/skinny then closer to the 6'0", the more muscular he is the better it is to be taller.

If the guy is really in to his weights then below 5'11" will risk looking muscle bound, push 6'5" or so and you can rock a very impressive physique if you pack muscle on to it.

As a general point posture becomes very important for tall men and this is where some guys lose points a bit - I see a lot of guys 6'2" or so and over that stoop slightly. It's very impressive when a guy has a confident straight backed posture and makes the most of his height.

It has a sixth form and I'd love to stay on there with everyone but it's gradually gone from being really good to bad. So I may go to a private sixth form for A-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love the way we aren't even talking about anything this threads about 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending