The Student Room Group

I think my best friend likes me and I like him back but too nervous to ask?

Hi guys,
I've been mates with this guy for over 2 years and a few months ago, I developed feelings for him. He's given me some signs that he likes me (but I'm getting mixed signals at the moment). The thing is I don't want to ask him upfront so I was wondering, are there any ways of subtly asking a guy if he likes you?
This question sounds weird but yeah..

Scroll to see replies

This is tricky....2 years..

Try N be more flirty and if he responds then I say ask him out.
Reply 2
Original post by bittr n swt
This is tricky....2 years..

Try N be more flirty and if he responds then I say ask him out.

He does flirt back but when my mate said to him that we would make a cute couple he blushed and kept on saying we didn't
I think you should let time go buy. And look out for anymore signs. U might be wrong and u'll only embarrass your self.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
He does flirt back but when my mate said to him that we would make a cute couple he blushed and kept on saying we didn't

Well he's not gonna say yes lol that'll be awkward

I think he likes you. Most of the time in a long term friendship between a guy and a girl the guy most likely likes the girl.

Ask him out.
Reply 5
Original post by Farhana787
I think you should let time go buy. And look out for anymore signs. U might be wrong and u'll only embarrass your self.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think that makes sense. If he does like me, he'll ask me out in his own time I guess
Reply 6
Original post by bittr n swt
Well he's not gonna say yes lol that'll be awkward

I think he likes you. Most of the time in a long term friendship between a guy and a girl the guy most likely likes the girl.

Ask him out.

I'd rather have him ask me out tbh.. I'm so shy
Yeppp. But the only question to you is do you like him back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Farhana787
Yeppp. But the only question to you is do you like him back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes yes yes yes yes
Sorry didnt read that bit. But yeah good luck hope it turns out the way u want :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi guys,
I've been mates with this guy for over 2 years and a few months ago, I developed feelings for him. He's given me some signs that he likes me (but I'm getting mixed signals at the moment). The thing is I don't want to ask him upfront so I was wondering, are there any ways of subtly asking a guy if he likes you?
This question sounds weird but yeah..

We guys can't pick up on subtle (not well at least), we need a neon sign, maybe ask him to do some things with you that are just the two of you
Original post by Tomsta
We guys can't pick up on subtle (not well at least), we need a neon sign, maybe ask him to do some things with you that are just the two of you

Would he get the idea if I joked about us two going out?
Reply 12
Would he get the idea if I joked about us two going out?

That depends on how you word things and your tone of voice, you could turn a joke into a question

example:

Funny those people over there just said that i'm a lucky girl for having a guy like you [small chuckle], hey how about we go bowling later just the two of us ...

Apologies if that isn't very good i'm not too good with subtle things, i'm more of a forward guy

By forward i mean something like this:

Hey, i like talking to you how about me and you go for drink sometime ....
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tomsta
That depends on how you word things and your tone of voice, you could turn a joke into a question

example:

Funny those people over there just said that i'm a lucky girl for having a guy like you [small chuckle], hey how about we go bowling later just the two of us ...

Apologies if that isn't very good i'm not too good with subtle things, i'm more of a forward guy

By forward i mean something like this:

Hey, i like talking to you how about me and you go for drink sometime ....

Ahhhh thanks..
Reply 14
Ahhhh thanks..

The bowling thing was off the top of my head, but you'll know what to say when the time comes, failing that just tell the guy point blank that you like him - you might get a good answer
I'd rather have him ask me out tbh.. I'm so shy

I imagine that's why you've known one another for over 2years and neither of you have asked one another out yet :doh:
Original post by TorpidPhil
I imagine that's why you've known one another for over 2years and neither of you have asked one another out yet :doh:

You think he's shy too?
You think he's shy too?

Sure. I think he likes you but you've known one another for ages and not took it further so I think it's safe to say you're both shy about doing so. Maybe just fear it would be too awkward if it turned you didn't like him after you two had been friends for so long?

I think you should definitely try and approach him on it :tongue:
Original post by TorpidPhil
Sure. I think he likes you but you've known one another for ages and not took it further so I think it's safe to say you're both shy about doing so. Maybe just fear it would be too awkward if it turned you didn't like him after you two had been friends for so long?

I think you should definitely try and approach him on it :tongue:

I didn't want to ask him upfront in the fear of getting friendzoned
Reply 19
Thank you for referring this problem to me.

I'm assuming you're both over 18.

I prescribe a 12 pack of Corona and a bottle of vodka.

To be taken once equally amongst both patients.

Wait 90 minutes from initial dosage.

Start talking.

Next patient, please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending