The Student Room Group

As spanish

I'm currently studying AS Spanish and I have a mock next month. My teacher has basically told me that I won't get above a U in the mock and she doesn't think i'll be able to get above a U in the exam either... only a little disheartening..

Does anyone have any good advice for studying spanish, useful websites etc, any help is appreciated :smile:
Original post by Mariee16
I'm currently studying AS Spanish and I have a mock next month. My teacher has basically told me that I won't get above a U in the mock and she doesn't think i'll be able to get above a U in the exam either... only a little disheartening..

Does anyone have any good advice for studying spanish, useful websites etc, any help is appreciated :smile:

Well I bought a Spanish book that id dip into every few days, picked up good vocab and complex structures
Also, I had several Spanish friends at the time who helped with general chit chat which was great.

I always found the websites to be rubbish. Unless it was just the ones we were given :tongue: - I only really read the occasional news article

Aside from that just stay on top of vocab (5words a week? Idk) and make sure you know your verbs inside out however gruelling the process may be

With AS it's easy to get very high marks in listening and reading.. So practice those. Meaning you can mess the essay (+maybe the aural) up a bit and still do well

Got me an A in the end :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by okcherubble88
Well I bought a Spanish book that id dip into every few days, picked up good vocab and complex structures
Also, I had several Spanish friends at the time who helped with general chit chat which was great.

I always found the websites to be rubbish. Unless it was just the ones we were given :tongue: - I only really read the occasional news article

Aside from that just stay on top of vocab (5words a week? Idk) and make sure you know your verbs inside out however gruelling the process may be

With AS it's easy to get very high marks in listening and reading.. So practice those. Meaning you can mess the essay (+maybe the aural) up a bit and still do well

Got me an A in the end :tongue:

This probably sounds stupid but what do you mean by a Spanish book?
And how do I practise listening and reading?
Well done on your A :smile:
This probably sounds stupid but what do you mean by a Spanish book?
And how do I practise listening and reading?
Well done on your A :smile:

I used a novel nearly died finishing it honestly
So just a fairly basic storybook whatever you want

Listening - YouTube, Spanish podcasts (cringe I know I know) and the school gave us a website with video clips of some sort

Reading - articles books etc. news articles especially. Just pick ones based on your topic
Reply 4
I did AS Spanish last year and came out with a C not exactly what I hoped for. I am re-sitting it this year and find it far easier. Websites that help me are quizlet, ver-taal, kerboodle and just doing regular grammar and vocab exercises. Plus nail the subjunctive in the writing and speaking its a must.
Reply 5
How the hell do you get a predicted 'U'?

I thought you'd have to pretty much not turn up for this.

Even saying 'Hello' and 'Bye' should net you and 'F'.
Original post by A5ko

It would be an E not an F. But I agree.

Like some people I know can't speak well at all and got Bs.

Duolingo is actually decent at consolidating grammar.
Reply 7
Original post by A5ko

My spanish is that awful :/ and we are still on the first topic..
Reply 8
My spanish is that awful :/ and we are still on the first topic..

I recommend that you just speak or type spanish as often as you can with others who study it.
Reply 9
Original post by Domk096
I recommend that you just speak or type spanish as often as you can with others who study it.

There are only two of us studying it
There are only two of us studying it

Puedes hablar con las personas que hablan español aquí

En este manera, mejoraz tu español
Reply 11
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Puedes hablar con las personas que hablan español aquí

En este manera, mejoraz tu español

Vale :smile: ¿estudies español?
Actualmente estoy estudiando español, y encuentro que un sitio que me ayuda es www.StudySpanish.com. Aquí se puede aprender las reglas de la gramática, sean muy simples (números, como conjugar los verbos) o muy avanzadas (el subjuntivo). Si no te gusta aprender en el Internet, deberías sacar muchos exámenes pasados (tantos como es posible), y aprender el vocabulario de cada tema que aprendes. También, recomiendo que pienses con ti mismo en español. Esto te ayudará hablar español mas rapido y sin errores. Tambien tu vocabulario aumentará porque si encuentras que no conoces una palabra, puedes buscar por google que significa esa palabra, y por eso aumentará tu vocabulario. He encontrado que pensando a mi mismo en español me ha ayudado muchísimo desde que empecé este año. Aparte de eso, la única cosa que puedo decir es que trabajas duro y suerte con tus examenes. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
No me olvide, yo lo estudio también.
(edited 9 years ago)

Deberías hablar con el porque no estudio español :lol: Pero hablo un poco
Original post by Domk096
No me olvide, yo lo estudio también.
Reply 15

Puedes hablar español conmigo, si serà util?
Reply 16
Original post by Domk096
Puedes hablar español conmigo, si serà util?

Si, sería bueno, me gustaría si posible :smile:
Reply 17
Por supuesto es posible, lo encontraria muy util tambien.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending