The Student Room Group

Why do the people we like always avoid us and the people we dislike always approach?

Is it a mind thing? It's always the guy you don't like or the girl you're not interested in who texts or says hi, not the one you want to talk to..why? Is it the energy we give to them? Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

We love the ones who ignore us.
We ignore the ones who loves us.
:frown:
I'm not sure maybe it has something to do with human beings a lot of the time wanting what they can't have.

So yes maybe it is a mind thing.
This is quite true, not sure exactly why though.
OMG - this is spot on!!! Soo many guys ive seen and show total interest in but they're never interested in me. And then you get the guys who won't leave you alone despite saying numerous you're not interested.

I don't get it but it sure is annoying! Lol
You're doing it wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why does nobody approach us?
Because showing interest is deemed unattractive.
Reply 8
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
You're doing it wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How?
Reply 9
Original post by DancinBallerina
OMG - this is spot on!!! Soo many guys ive seen and show total interest in but they're never interested in me. And then you get the guys who won't leave you alone despite saying numerous you're not interested.

I don't get it but it sure is annoying! Lol

I know! Weird! I always keep getting texts from the guys I just don't want to talk to but the one I want to talk to never replies or texts :s-smilie:
Original post by High Stakes
Because showing interest is deemed unattractive.

Or too much of it is desperation
I think it's probably to do with how we generally have our eye on one person. If other people are friendly at all, you'll be approached by them, and more frequently of course, as there's many of them. You might find that if you counted the number of times each person 'contacts you first' so to speak, you'll find that people of the same 'closeness' to you have similar results, and that person you have your eye on is not much different to anyone else in whatever group they fall in. Combine this with confirmation bias and we have the answer.
Original post by Anonymous
I know! Weird! I always keep getting texts from the guys I just don't want to talk to but the one I want to talk to never replies or texts :s-smilie:

Yep, always the way!
Original post by DancinBallerina
Yep, always the way!

So you're attracted to guys who don't display much interest?
Don't know what you're taking about.
That happens every ****in time -___- like common. But here is my theory and it is based on looks.

The people that you like or interested in are attractive in someway shape or form (don't lie) but the people that chase you; you say to yourself ugh I can do better see its a loop. The people that your chasing are busy chasing the ones who are busy chasing someone else !! Do you get it?

And the only solution and only solution is to man up or woman up and talk to the person your chasing yourself no need to play these stupid mind games because you also NEVRR Know !

Happy new year.
It tells us one thing above all: we need to get our heads out of our arses.
It means your probably punching above your weight
Reply 18
The law of attraction, it's evil, only those with enough will power can overcome it :u:
I think it's that we get fed up easily and that we over analyse everything to much so as to match it to what's socially acceptable. I bet if the guy/girl you liked started out messaging you incessantly after a while you'd wind up posting on here that they're too clingy.

We're never bloody happy.

It's like people nowadays people are like 'oh you message me too much' or 'oh you don't message me enough'. Would be nice if we had the luxury of feeling like ah I'm just glad to be having a nice chat or I'll message so and so. There always has to be questions 'oh has it been a sufficient amount of time before I can or am I being clingy' no ones ever true to themselves.

It's sad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending