The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Nursing 2015 Offers!

Scroll to see replies

had an interview for mental health nursing on Monday December 15th and I had an offer on the Thursday of that week at UWE :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 61
I got an unconditional offer the next day after the interview. Excited and scared! Anyone else accepted the uwe offer?
Original post by cazann
I got an unconditional offer the next day after the interview. Excited and scared! Anyone else accepted the uwe offer?

Congrats :smile: I didn't know they gave unconditional offers, well done :smile: I'm thinking of firming UWE depending on how my Swansea interview goes next month, how about you?
Reply 63
I've got 3 interviews the first week of jan at bradford, UCLAN and edge hill. With the mercy of Allah and hard work IA I get in

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't accepted my offer yet as I'm waiting to hear back from Plymouth University so if I get an interview for that then I'll go to it and see how it goes. If it doesn't go well or if I don't get an interview then I'll be accepting UWE. I live in Plymouth so it would be easier and cheaper for me to stay at home as the prices of halls at UWE do make me worry!! xx
Reply 65
Original post by UnfortunateOwl
Congrats :smile: I didn't know they gave unconditional offers, well done :smile: I'm thinking of firming UWE depending on how my Swansea interview goes next month, how about you?

I have confirmed my place a UWE as it's the only one I applied to! All my eggs were in 1 basket as I can't move to study so had no option. Luckily I got offered a place. Best of luck x
Hi, I've been looking through all the posts! Congrats to all those with interviews for UWE!

I've applied for Adult Nursing at UWE sept intake, had no response yet and I submitted my application back at end of Oct!

Currently coming towards the end of a degree in Health, Community and Social Care at University of Gloucestershire. I finish this is May and wanted to go straight onto do Adult Nursing! Ive always wanted to do nursing but I was never 100% sure on what population to focus on. I have gained a heap of paid and voluntary experience in the care industry over the past through years!

I am so nervous as to why they haven't responded to my application yet- obviously thinking the worst :frown:

Does anyone know when the next interview dates are at all? I am so hoping they will accept me!

Thanks, Ebony x
Hey guys, I've applied for 5 universities in the beginning of December and have nothing back only welcome emails!!

Does that mean i will be getting rejected soon
many thanks
Reply 68
Hi

Sorry to hear that you have both had no response yet. I don't know how it works but I know that they said they had more rounds of interviews to go. Hopefully you will be in those

Fingers crossed
Reply 69
Hi

Sorry to hear that you have both had no response yet. I don't know how it works but I know that they said they had more rounds of interviews to go. Hopefully you will be in those

Fingers crossed
Can someone give me an idea of what to expect at the interview, e.g. what were the group activities, and what questions did they ask in the individual?
What nursing issues are people discussing at their interviews for adult nursing?!? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coffee_prince
Can someone give me an idea of what to expect at the interview, e.g. what were the group activities, and what questions did they ask in the individual?

Hi,
UWE doesn't have an individual interview :smile:
Mine started with time to meet my group then an hour long maths and english test (10 maths questions and an essay). Then they give you a tour, followed by a group interview. At mine, they split our group into two, and asked us to explain the role of nurses in a given situation.
Hope that gave you an idea of what to expect, everyone was really nice there :smile:
Original post by HannahEverett
Hello!

I have an interview for Children Nursing at Southampton University this Friday (21st). I have also been offered an interview at UWE on the 16th.

I am struggling to prepare. Any ideas on what I can do?

Could anyone give me any advice on the group interview stage at Southampton?

Thanks
Hannah x

I had an interview for children's nursing at UWE in December and I suggest researching the six 6 C's, also for the group interview it'll be good to mention life quality factors to show you have some insight into making children feel comfortable in your care, I did this in my other interviews and I got offers. I messed up on the maths test and that was the only reasons they rejected me, so if you're not confident with maths then really home in on the practice paper that provide because it's really similar to the real test :smile: good luck!
Reply 74
Hi
Are you able to tell me how long your interview lasted for? Mines been scheduled for my 18th birthday and am now trying to rearrange things!!! Haha definitely don't want to change the day though, just in case I could get even worse!!!
Thank you
Hannah
Hey! Well done about your interview. I have an interview for child nursing in UWE on the 18th Feb. What kind of questions did they ask and how did the group task go? Im also struggling with what to wear aha

Abbie x
Original post by abbiewellerx
Hey! Well done about your interview. I have an interview for child nursing in UWE on the 18th Feb. What kind of questions did they ask and how did the group task go? Im also struggling with what to wear aha

Abbie x

Hey :smile: Basically on the day you first go into the canteen hall and you get split into your groups, so you'll be with those people throughout the day. You then go for your maths and English test, which is extremely similar to the practice paper you are given. Afterwards we had a tour of the campus and the Glenside halls before returning back for the group interview. You'll watch a video clip on a topic and then you'll have questions that the group need to look into and talk about. You have paper to write on so we all sat on the floor and did mind maps for each question which worked well. I found the group interview was lovely, had a good group where people didn't try to over talk others and everyone had their fair input. Afterwards we went back to the canteen to have lunch and that's where we waited until we were called for interview. (In your group interview at the end of the task they ask your group to write down in order the who's going first-last in the interviews which helps in case people need to be out at a certain time). The individual interview there were 2 interviewers, really lovely, they asked me 2 scenario questions and asked what I could bring to nursing (they told me they were looking for the 6 C's in particular) so make sure you base your answers on that. Also on the day everyone turned up in smart wear, I wore a blouse underneath a jumper, black smart work trousers and flat shoes :smile:

Good Luck!!

Amy x
Original post by silly_amy
Hey :smile: Basically on the day you first go into the canteen hall and you get split into your groups, so you'll be with those people throughout the day. You then go for your maths and English test, which is extremely similar to the practice paper you are given. Afterwards we had a tour of the campus and the Glenside halls before returning back for the group interview. You'll watch a video clip on a topic and then you'll have questions that the group need to look into and talk about. You have paper to write on so we all sat on the floor and did mind maps for each question which worked well. I found the group interview was lovely, had a good group where people didn't try to over talk others and everyone had their fair input. Afterwards we went back to the canteen to have lunch and that's where we waited until we were called for interview. (In your group interview at the end of the task they ask your group to write down in order the who's going first-last in the interviews which helps in case people need to be out at a certain time). The individual interview there were 2 interviewers, really lovely, they asked me 2 scenario questions and asked what I could bring to nursing (they told me they were looking for the 6 C's in particular) so make sure you base your answers on that. Also on the day everyone turned up in smart wear, I wore a blouse underneath a jumper, black smart work trousers and flat shoes :smile:

Good Luck!!

Amy x

Thanks Amy this have helped me so much now, I just hope my nerves dont get the better of me!! What were the 2 scenario questions based on?? x
Original post by UnfortunateOwl
Hi,
UWE doesn't have an individual interview :smile:
Mine started with time to meet my group then an hour long maths and english test (10 maths questions and an essay). Then they give you a tour, followed by a group interview. At mine, they split our group into two, and asked us to explain the role of nurses in a given situation.
Hope that gave you an idea of what to expect, everyone was really nice there :smile:

Think the adult nursing interviews were a bit shorter, for Mental Health they had the test and group, then individual interviews after lunch.

I just confirmed my unconditional offer for UWE! Ya! I am so excited now it's all finally happening :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi guys ive got an interview at uwe for child nursing! But they havent sent me the example of the maths and english test eeek, is it on the uwe welcome website or are they suppose to email it to me
Thank yous xxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending