The Student Room Group

How do I get a part time job?

I would like to get one before I got to Uni but I have no idea how to obtain one. Do I just go in store, hand in a CV+cover letter at the till? Or can I e-mail them? How do you guys do it?
Original post by Phillipo57
I would like to get one before I got to Uni but I have no idea how to obtain one. Do I just go in store, hand in a CV+cover letter at the till? Or can I e-mail them? How do you guys do it?

It depends, what I did many moons ago was I got my first ever job through a friend. Then the rest I just took my CV into tons of shops, I handed mine out in June and managed to get a Christmas job in the October in Game. After that I was able to get call centre jobs as I had customer service and sales experience and they were all online applications.

You can hand your cv in to local shops etc. Also, check the websites of the stores you want to work on and then apply for the vacancies that appear on there either by completing the online application form or sending them a cv. Good luck.

Hand your CV in.
Or apply online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending