The Student Room Group

might take up smoking

Scroll to see replies

as an ex smoker i can only give you one peice of advice.

Dont
Reply 41
Natural Selection at its finest
Original post by Birkenhead
What a horrible way to treat someone.

What do you mean treat someone ? I don't treat the person in a bad way in fact the person who smokes is extremely nice however, smoking just lowers how I view that person because they begin to change how they act due to what there shoving in their mouth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly, smoking carries a string of health benefits. I'm not exaggerating, the list is endless, so there certainly are pros. One pro might also be that it's an enjoyable, relaxing activity.

Secondly, smoking does not 'double' your chance of getting diseases like cancer. The vast majority of people with lung cancer are smokers, but the vast majority of smokers will not develop lung cancer. Your risk is raised significantly but it still remains infinitesimally small, because the risk in the first place is almost non-existent.

I really am starting to get the impression that you just enjoy arguing with me, because that's all you seem to do.
What are the health benefits then? Name them for me please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matthcw
Natural Selection at its finest

Yeah all the cool kids get all the girls and have more children than the rest of us.

Natural selection at its finest.
Oh god no especially the smoking, quiff and tattoos. :eek:
[video="youtube;lVmmYMwFj1I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I[/video]

make sure to never buy a pack of fags and only roll your own
Death isn't very cool.
What a joke of a thread
Firstly, smoking carries a string of health benefits. I'm not exaggerating, the list is endless, so there certainly are pros. One pro might also be that it's an enjoyable, relaxing activity.

Secondly, smoking does not 'double' your chance of getting diseases like cancer. The vast majority of people with lung cancer are smokers, but the vast majority of smokers will not develop lung cancer. Your risk is raised significantly but it still remains infinitesimally small, because the risk in the first place is almost non-existent.

Do you mind replying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually curious what the pros are. My Granddad had mouth and throat cancer because of his smoking and I'm pretty sure my father's chest infection 10 years ago was related to him smoking.

You may as well just set fire to ****loads of notes.
Original post by _Charlotte15
Do you mind replying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This isn't instant messenger. I am replying in my good time, be more patient.

Original post by OU Student
I'm actually curious what the pros are. My Granddad had mouth and throat cancer because of his smoking and I'm pretty sure my father's chest infection 10 years ago was related to him smoking.

You may as well just set fire to ****loads of notes.

Do you know with any certainty that his mouth and throat cancer were caused by smoking? It is very possible the mutations that led to cancer were not sparked by a cigarette. Cancer from smoking is extremely rare. I am writing a post on the pros now.

Do you know with any certainty that his mouth and throat cancer were caused by smoking? It is very possible the mutations that led to cancer were not sparked by a cigarette. Cancer from smoking is extremely rare. I am writing a post on the pros now.

That's what we were told was the cause. And I'm sure we were told the cause of his lung cause was probably either secondary or because, again, of his smoking.
Reply 54
Original post by MagicNMedicine
OP is probably on to the right concept that girls like a guy with an edgy rebellious image.

However the fact he is suggesting developing a style/fashion sense that will make him look a knob and has some weird rules about only smoking when its snowing or whatever, makes me think he's not exactly going to be James Dean.

OP you did the right thing asking on the internet for advice before you take this step, you need a bit of a rethink.

:biggrin::biggrin:

i am actually attractive though. maybe thats why it works!

guarantee the hottest girls in the club will be smokers :cool:
Original post by mals94
:biggrin::biggrin:

i am actually attractive though. maybe thats why it works!

guarantee the hottest girls in the club will be smokers :cool:

Smoking is disgusting, those who have such a disgusting habit are repulsive to me and hopefully to everyone else, don't smoke.
I used to smoke from time to time, e.g. roughly every day
know why I stopped?
because it made my breath reek
and that's not cool if you "want girls"
T

:lol:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:lol:

Strong response as ever from you.
This isn't instant messenger. I am replying in my good time, be more patient.

So basically, what your implying is that most people who smoke and get cancer don't get it from the ciggies? What are you, a doctor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest