The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gamsat_resources
You're free to think however you like, like I've said before, I felt it helped me, the books are sitting in my room not being put to any use

I am not telling people it will work for them and to definitely get it, if they are already interested in the book then they can get it contact

I also help with CV reading and questions for interviews - I understand how difficult it can be so if I can help anyone in anyway, I would be glad to.

I just object to the cost of a very simple, very one-sided book that talks down to you, *and* doesn't simplify things.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Princeton-Review-MCAT-Subject-Complete/dp/0804126321/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1418752567&sr=8-3&keywords=mcat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaplan-MCAT-Review-Complete-7-Book/dp/1618656449/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418752556&sr=8-1&keywords=kaplan+mcat

These are horribly expensive but so much more use.
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp

Like I said, for me, it worked of course it might not for others but if someone is already interested and wanted it for cheaper id be happy to help

I am not endorsing the product or saying it will definitely get you in - for me, they style they used helped
Reply 162
Original post by kateamelia
Does anyone know how likely it is to be screened out after the work experience form? I felt like I had enough work experience at the time of filling it out, but now I am starting to doubt myself! I'm also a bit concerned because I had a few technical issues with the pages clearing themselves so I'm worried it won't all be on there like I typed it.

I wouldn't worry about it now, the forms are in and not much else can be done about it. If you're concerned whether they received the forms or not, might be worth emailing Sarb about it.

Try being rejected just after the work experience forms were handed in. Then calling up and insisting I shouldn't have been rejected, I eventually managed to persuade them :colone: (It was a simple admin error really!)
Reply 163
Does anyone know how likely it is to be screened out after the work experience form? I felt like I had enough work experience at the time of filling it out, but now I am starting to doubt myself! I'm also a bit concerned because I had a few technical issues with the pages clearing themselves so I'm worried it won't all be on there like I typed it.

I am not sure about how likely it is to be screened out. However, one would imagine they would be unlikely to screen someone who has made a reasonable effort to gain healthcare experience ... as what you have gained is always subjective and cannot be quantified by the years you've spent doing it. Hope that provides some reassurance while we wait.

As for the form, I would have recommended at the time contacting them to make sure all the data had been submitted. After all, they would surely be understanding if you had experienced technical issues. Whether that window of opportunity has passed now I am not sure. Perhaps it is still worth emailing them?

I am sure it would have been fine though. Don't get cold feet!! We are bound to hear back in a few weeks.
Reply 164
Yeah that's a good point, all I can do is sit and sweat it out. Should really be preparing for my SGUL interview and writing my dissertation instead. That's a pretty horrible error! My heart would skip a beat!

Sweat it out, perhaps not exactly what I'd meant :tongue:

Realised today my SGUL interview is in under 2 weeks... I haven't even finished the ISC book yet :/

It skipped more than just a beat, I'd just finished a night shift and got an update from UCAS Track. I thought I was dreaming for a moment. They were very good about it when I did call though, I do like Notts for that reason; the staff seem rather nice.
Reply 165
Original post by Zorg
Sweat it out, perhaps not exactly what I'd meant :tongue:

Realised today my SGUL interview is in under 2 weeks... I haven't even finished the ISC book yet :/

It skipped more than just a beat, I'd just finished a night shift and got an update from UCAS Track. I thought I was dreaming for a moment. They were very good about it when I did call though, I do like Notts for that reason; the staff seem rather nice.

SGUL for me on Thursday :frown:
Reply 166
Original post by MiloMilo
SGUL for me on Thursday :frown:

PM me a transcript of your interview, I will accept one minus your responses :wink:

P.S. Best of luck!!
Reply 167
Any idea when Notts should get back to us about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168
Original post by Mr Men
Any idea when Notts should get back to us about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe Febuary had been mentioned somewhere.
Reply 169
I've been told early this week. The information came from Sarb so fingers crossed it will be soon.
Reply 170
Original post by M150
I've been told early this week. The information came from Sarb so fingers crossed it will be soon.

Oh wow, that would be good to know! Though Wednesday is firmly middle of the week... Just saying.
Reply 171
Original post by Zorg
Oh wow, that would be good to know! Though Wednesday is firmly middle of the week... Just saying.

Think they are doing it by snail mail for some stupid reason

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Original post by nug

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no. The wind took out my mailbox and it's not been fixed yet. Argh!
Reply 173
Original post by nug

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, doesn't matter. A small part of me likes the idea of opening a letter to divine my future.
Hello does anyone have any information about the nots interviews? ive seen people on past years forums saying about scores in each section, is this for each station of the MMI or different areas they are looking at?
cheers
Reply 175
Has anyone had interview dates yet? Desperately need to book the interview off this week at the latest or I won't be able to get the day off work. Hoping someone may have had a letter.
Not had anything yet... not as desperate a situation for me but I could do with knowing so I can book a holiday! Saw your post before... Sarb said it would be by post early this week?
Original post by PharmaGiles
Not had anything yet... not as desperate a situation for me but I could do with knowing so I can book a holiday! Saw your post before... Sarb said it would be by post early this week?

Original post by M150
Has anyone had interview dates yet? Desperately need to book the interview off this week at the latest or I won't be able to get the day off work. Hoping someone may have had a letter.

Just a thought. But if Sarb said it would be early in the week and we are now at Thursday, you don't think Sarb actually meant early next week but typed this by mistake? Would explain why no one has heard....that or the post system is running at a snails pace.
Reply 178
Original post by TranquilRawr
Just a thought. But if Sarb said it would be early in the week and we are now at Thursday, you don't think Sarb actually meant early next week but typed this by mistake? Would explain why no one has heard....that or the post system is running at a snails pace.

Snail pace... Snail mail... I think there might be a correlation! :colone:
Reply 179
Original post by TranquilRawr

No, because it was early next week, last week. I guess there are just delays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending