The Student Room Group

Is It Fair For Men To Judge Women?

Poll

Is it fair for men to judge women?

A recent article, 10 Women Christian Men Should Not Marry, has had women getting hysterical - with many thinking that men should not judge women. Of course, the equivalent article about having standards in men received no outrage.

The list of women Christian men should not marry is in the spoiler, but check the link for lots of hysterical comments from women.

Spoiler

More importantly:

What do you think? Should men be allowed to judge women? Are men allowed to have standards and expectations of women in the 21st century, or is it "sexist" when men have standards (despite the fact that women have standards and judge men)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes, i judge everyone
Original post by MarriageSucks
A recent article, 10 Women Christian Men Should Not Marry, has had women getting hysterical - with many thinking that men should not judge women. Of course, the equivalent article about having standards in men received no outrage.

The list of women Christian men should not marry is in the spoiler, but check the link for lots of hysterical comments from women.

Spoiler

More importantly:

What do you think? Should men be allowed to judge women? Are men allowed to have standards and expectations of women in the 21st century, or is it "sexist" when men have standards (despite the fact that women have standards and judge men)?

I voted that men shouldn't judge women (as a female) but I'm having second thoughts sort of. I think when it comes to dating, "standards" can often be pretty petty. Not dating someone because they're a feminist or dress a certain way seems to much. Of course you're going to have certain preferences, but having a checklist of sorts, of things you don't want seems a bit much.
But I think it does depend on the situation, in my opinion women get judged for things that really shouldn't matter, like being a feminist (lots of hate there, heaven forbid someone want equal rights for themselves), dressing plainly/more revealing (men want you to look sexy which equals tight fitting, low cut), wear or don't wear make up, etc. But women also have similar standards, I used to have a friend who was pretty overweight, dare I say obese who wanted a guy with abs so bad....despite not working out. At all.
Yes because equally a majority of women do the same.
Reply 4
Yes and same for women but this is you OP isnt it? :wink:

Men shouldn't judge women, women shouldn't judge men.
Shouldn't be judged on anything but I can see why any religious people would want to 'avoid' people who aren't religious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Women judge men all the time but hate when men judge them in return
Original post by D_ecrivaine
I voted that men shouldn't judge women (as a female) but I'm having second thoughts sort of. I think when it comes to dating, "standards" can often be pretty petty. Not dating someone because they're a feminist or dress a certain way seems to much. Of course you're going to have certain preferences, but having a checklist of sorts, of things you don't want seems a bit much.
But I think it does depend on the situation, in my opinion women get judged for things that really shouldn't matter, like being a feminist (lots of hate there, heaven forbid someone want equal rights for themselves), dressing plainly/more revealing (men want you to look sexy which equals tight fitting, low cut), wear or don't wear make up, etc. But women also have similar standards, I used to have a friend who was pretty overweight, dare I say obese who wanted a guy with abs so bad....despite not working out. At all.

Bit it's ok for women to.want a guy with abs and be obese? Jjst not the other way around.
Hahaha I love the 'Yes'es from men and 'No's from the females :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Either no-one judges anyone.or we all judge everyone.

That article is disturbing though. Looks like it's been transported here from 1300.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course we should, how else will we assess their suitability as a mate.

Humans are a judgy species.
I do not judge anyone
Lol, so basically marry a young, modest, sub-servient, child-bearing, home-body Christian girl.

How dull.
You have to judge people, otherwise you'll have no standards. I don't associate with trash.
Everyone judges other people. That's how the human mind works.
This is utterly stupid. Yes, everyone everywhere judges everybody else they ever meet. Regardless of gender, and doubly so if you're interested in them romantically.

You're offended? Whatever, you don't have a right not to be, and reality isn't going to change because you are.
You're being judged? Damn right you are, that's a fact of life and it's one of the most primitive bases for human social interaction.
You think it's unfair? Too bad, suck it up. Life isn't fair, it can't be fair, and it won't be fair.
You don't like someone for judging a gender in a specific way? Fine, don't be friends with them.

And good news. Once you do all that, then you're an adult, and not a child any more.
Hahahahahahahahah

Pretty much all of those would make me go for the woman :biggrin:

Christians are freaks.
Sigh, everybody judges. I judge, you judge, they judge, rabbits judge. I hate feeling judged but then I judge people as well, so :lol: Live and let live, I think.
Original post by Maid Marian
Sigh, everybody judges. I judge, you judge, they judge, rabbits judge. I hate feeling judged but then I judge people as well, so :lol: Live and let live, I think.

You haven't posted in ages :erm:

What a stupid thread everyone has the right to judge anyone
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Bit it's ok for women to.want a guy with abs and be obese? Jjst not the other way around.

No, did you read what I said? About my friend. I always thought her standards were so ridiculous. I just think people should be realistic about how they look, how they are as a person, but also work to improve themselves, not just physically. I think it would be reasonable for a guy to want a girl who's fit, say if he enjoys working out and vice versa.
However, biologically the sign of femininity is having curves, it signals a woman is of reproductive age and could successfully bear an offspring. And a man who was physically fit and stronger could protect her and had good genes and such..
Just saying.

Quick Reply

Latest