But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket
I put my Walkman on and said, "I might as well kick it!"

First class, yo this is bad
Drinkin' orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of Bel Air are livin' like
Hmmm, this might be alright

But wait, I hear they're prissy, bourgeois and all that
Is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat?
I don't think so, I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel Air

Well, uh, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude look like a cop standin' wavin' my name out
I ain't tryin' to get arrested yet, I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought, nah forget it, yo home to Bel Air

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell you later"
Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel Air

:cool:

I mentally rapped all of this! :')
Reply 41
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
x

Saw your post and thought "way too long to be read" but couldn't stop reading. What a rough life :/
Original post by catsis
Saw your post and thought "way too long to be read" but couldn't stop reading. What a rough life :/

I have to admit it did turn out somewhat longer than I thought it would lol. (Probably because I'm a dinosaur compared to most people on here, who are a good 10 years younger than me :tongue:)

It's okay though I'm a tough cookie. Life is what you make of it. Onward and upward!
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I have to admit it did turn out somewhat longer than I thought it would lol. (Probably because I'm a dinosaur compared to most people on here, who are a good 10 years younger than me :tongue:)

It's okay though I'm a tough cookie. Life is what you make of it. Onward and upward!

You're not THAT much older than me :tongue: It was a very compelling read. I think it deserved to be that long, so you could tell the story properly :h:
I was born in Munich, Germany and lived there for only year before we moving to the Netherlands. I arrived in Amsterdam shortly after with my family and became accustomed to the language fairly quickly. I went through the dutch school system which was slightly different than in the UK.

I was having a really hard time at school keeping up with my studies whilst my parents were going through a divorce which manifested my anger. It ended up affecting my grades and behaviour at school and caused the teachers to dislike me.

After the endless meetings between the teachers and my parents it was decided that I had to attend the praktijkschool. The school was also known as a special school in the Netherlands. I didn't seem to care at the time and thought nothing of it. I spent the next 5 years there doing nothing and ended up learning nothing either. I eventually moved onto a better secondary school after my 5 year stint at the special school where I studied vocational subjects.

In the dutch school system your judged from an early age based on your academic ability which determines the direction you take in life.
However my stay in the Netherlands was coming to an end when my father received an offer from his job to relocate to the UK. It was the beginning of a new chapter of life for me. I recall my fathers attempt at explaining the situation to me which ended up with me bursting into tears. I actually cried when my dad announced that we were moving to the UK it was like my life came crashing down.

I arrived in the UK with my family and began attending secondary school starting from year 9. The school allowed me to skip my SATS because of my late arrival. I recall my first day at school when people tried speaking to me and there was me failing to utter a single sentence in English. I was assigned to a learning assistant teacher shortly after and they gave me the Dutch/English dictionary. It was pretty difficult settling in whilst learning English I made some friends in the end. Only because they thought that being dutch was all about smoking pot.

As you can tell they probably weren't the sort of crowd worth hanging out with however a friend was a friend. I ended up spending two years at the school and eventually did my gcses which I failed. That's another story. I enrolled onto college course shortly after where I spent 4 years before getting into university.

Pretty much sums up my school/education part of life missed some huge chunks but writing books aren't my speciality so.

(edited 9 years ago)
Once upon a time there was a family of 4: mother, father and two daughters. One beautiful day a miracle happened and .

Skip forward few years ...

Due to illness, I've began school from the age of 8 instead of 7 like everyone else. Before, I've used to spend a lot of time in various hospitals, a month in one, 3 months in another and so on. My most memorable experiences at that time were nurse giving us to eat raw quail eggs with shells :mmm: and getting injections into my legs because my bum was already full of marks of injections :unimpressed: So, I would walk like a wooden toy all the time.

My journey through primary school was amazing, I was no.1 in my class :h: :colonhash: I'd even do my homework in advance, so teacher banned me from doing that because whilst everyone else would do what I already did, I'd look through the window :colondollar: I can't help it, I must have been very quick learner and wanted more challenges! My class was just a regular one, barely had any friends. Every year in March, we would organise a market inside the class where we would sell stuff like crafts, bakery products etc. My table had homemade waffles, rooster shape lollipops that my sister made and my dad's woven wooden basket that I've sold so cheap that my dad got angry :laugh:

Outside of school did not have anything interesting because my parents were working hard to raise me (well, my mum did, all my dad did was drank alcohol with friends, I could only see him maybe 1 or 3 times a week sober). My mum had a greenhouse and grew cucumbers, tomatoes and then we would sell them in a market to get some money. There were no shops in my village, a van selling food would come once a week and nearest village with a shop was about 6 km away.

At first, there was no bus at all coming to our village, so my mum would take me 6 km to school, then come back home and come again to take me after school, so she would walk 24 km a day :lolwut: During winter she would place me into sleigh and pull all the way to school. Later my dad got a car and it was simpler. After some time we did get a bus to come to our village twice a day, 7 am in the morning and like 3 pm in the afternoon during weekdays and no bus on weekends. During school break, bus would come on Wednesdays twice a day only. Sometimes I would go on my own back home when school finished early :gah:

Besides me, there were only few children in the village, one posh farmer's son who never was a friend to me because I was too poor for him :K: Another one was my cousin who wasn't a good example of a good friend and the other had mental problems such as he would get crazy and chase me with hatchet or a piece of metal, but at other times at least I had someone to play with :h: Whilst my mum would work in the greenhouse, I'd go on adventures in the village :teehee: :gah: Or go to the nearest graveyard which was like 200 m from my house and look after a grave of a woman who never had children and therefore her grave was abandoned but my mum knew the woman when she was still alive and said she was a good person, so I felt an honour to look after it, clear debris, bring wild flowers, light candles :h:

After I've finished primary school in a small village, moved to a small town for high school. I've only been there for 2 years since I've got bullied a lot there and been humiliated a lot, so my mother decided it's better to change schools even though teachers wanted me to stay because I was a very good student.

So, we've moved away from my abusive father (my mum told me my dad wasn't a bad person but wrong friends and alcohol changed him, sadly I never had a chance to get to see that, all I saw was tears, fear, shouting, sleeping at my uncle's house, sleeping in the barn, chairs flying at me, dad hitting my mum etc.) to the town with about 33 000 people. I went to secondary school for 4 years (it was horrible, bullying again), then moved to the high school for 2 years but still getting bullied because town is small and many young teens knew me already...

I guess the best part was when I went to university where everyone finally was mature :h: 1st year was hard, I couldn't adapt, was quiet persona, no friends. In 2nd year I've finally adapted and started opening to people :h:

Graduated after 3 years and saw that nothing is going to happen with my future, so moved to England to look for better opportunities :smile:

Basically, I've moved a lot in my life, lived in town, then tiny village with like 20 people only, then again same town, changed a lot of schools etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Dad works security, mum worked in a care home but retired now due to disabilities. I have a 25 yo brother who has two kids. We were pretty scared of my dad growing up. He wasn't violent towards us but my parents argued a lot so we knew he had a temper. I just thought that was normal though. It was the same with the other kids in our street so just grew up thinking it was normal. They split up when I was 10/11 which was tough. Mum got a new boyfriend and whilst she was staying with him, I was pretty much left to do what I wanted when we stayed there, the guy had a couple of nieces which I hung out with but that started me smoking and drinking (when I was around 11/12). I got into fights a lot as well, police called a few times. Dad left on boxing day and we seen him once every couple of months, mum was with her new boyfriend so think that explains wanting attention.

There was one day I fell and ended up breaking my thumb in two places and cutting my hip. Mum was at a friend's house and her boyfriend was looking after us. I was in a lot of pain and she didn't answer the door cause she didn't know I was in the car. Shortly after, they broke up. She found a new guy who has been our stepdad for about 7 years (I think, could be 6). Things were good for a while but then my mum had to leave her job. She has osteoporosis in her spine and sciatica, both of which have gotten worse. We moved 3 times since then. Around this time, my grandad died (think I was 15) which hit me really hard because we were very close. We began seeing more of my dad then but it wasn't like we seen him every weekend. I started self harming in 5th year just as a way to cope with everything. I was denying my sexuality throughout this because I didn't think it was normal. I thought things were okay in 6th year. I was doing well, I met a guy and had a lot of good friends but life isn't all roses. I was drinking near enough every other night during 6th year which I thought was me just having fun but I realise now it was a little excessive.

My boyfriend broke up with me and my dad was getting married except his fiance wouldn't let my brother come to the wedding (in Cyprus) which I hated my dad for for a long time. Anyway. I got BCC in my A levels and I was due to move to Dublin for a course in September 2010 but funding fell through and I missed application deadlines for other colleges. My best friend left anyway. That year was me spent missing my best friend, missing my ex and wanting to find a job. That year sucked. I got back with my ex in 2012 (I think) but only for a month or two before I realised that he was just a dick and I was better without him. 2013 was probably the best year I've ever had. My girlfriend (at the time) and I started dating, I met new friends, travelled a lot and started the course I'm on now.

I'm still dealing with wanting to self harm but I think I have a better handle on it now. I've stopped for almost 3 years but I did relapse once. I've stopped smoking although that one's harder to deal with and I don't trust myself entirely with that right now. That's pretty much it for now...
Erm...born in 1984, in the UK, in Beds. (the county, not a bed for non-UK people to note..lol.)

Started to live in 1997. Before then i was a pompous dope who thought he knew it all. And this is the reason I continually ask for standard knowledge...because everybody got on/gets on and i didn't. And i know/can sense this is so, because people exist at a higher level. I want in (somebody will say "well tough.." but I don't believe in fate....) Not having standard knowledge is the cause of every issue I have, so i do what makes me happy, it's a free world after all.....

My life reached the best peak ever when in 2007 when I moved away to another country. I started to get the standard knowledge piecemeal, but then I will get it fully soon. I know am on a par with many others my age, and it's not the fault of me, as a human being, to want to be content/HAPPY, is it? :biggrin:

People will say "er...what's that?" or "who gives a ****?"..well it's what does/WILL make me happy, and i'll log off soon, go to bed and laugh in the morning about how some Web forum dopes "categorically" say my goal is nonsense. And tell my psychology teacher about this, and the pop culture grounding for it....

My problem is that all my life I have thought i'm at a lower level, and that everybody else has got it/their **** together. i want this to stop, and for me to get my dues. i've never had abusive parents, nor any major conditions, and to be honest I reckon I'm my own worst enemy sometimes... But then i know I can get standard knowledge SOON and get on the normal life track. I don't have a gf, but then this will change as most of the people i hang out with are women, and women tend to like me better than men. Well not consciously, but then I make better connections with women most of the time. And my life's goal eventually is to advance economic development, and help poor countries get richer, and change capitalism so we don't have an ecological disaster.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alsklinq
You just described my life. Moving countries, towns and schools consists of making new friends and being the "new" one all the time. I think that has made me a little cold-hearted inside as I don't really know how to maintain friendships since I'm used to them dying out. Its always feels nice to be optimistic and happy, right?

Yes! I know that I'm such a loving person, but I think because of it, I've become a lot more pessimistic and defensive. Yeah it does feel nice to be happy and optimistic, but haven't really felt that for a while. Where do you live now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Woah 3 pages already! Got a lot of reading to do. Keep them coming people :smile:
Reply 50
1. Born in a remote rural village.

2. Age 9 Discovered that the entire population of the village possessed magical gifts.

3. Age 12 I ventured out into the world and begun studying.

4. Age 17 I discovered Cones, and their potential for magical properties.

5. Age 163 (Present) I mastered the 4th Conical Transfiguratory Breach.
Original post by DiddyDec
The whole story is mostly boring so I will round it up in the most interesting parts.

All is well ups until age 6 when parents start a messy divorce set to last another 15 odd years of court battle and cafcass (what a bunch of ****s).

General parental arguments and child custody arrangements setup by the courts "in the children's best interest".

***Insert Memory Loss*** for the next few years

Older brother diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes on my 11th birthday.

Hated living at home, began boarding at school at age 12-13 (left school at 13)

Joined new school at 13, hated it.

By 16 I had depression and royally ****ed up my GCSEs "achieving" 4 Bs, 4 Cs and 2 Ds.

Having failed them I went to study Agriculture at college (BTEC)

Year 1 goes well-ish. Got the grades I needed to continue, still have depression.

That summer went to South Africa to work on a farm for 2 and half months on my own aged 17. Ended with death threat and PTSD. Still had depression.

Year 2. Fell into bad crowd, started smoking and doing drugs. By the end of the first term I was failing.

Year 2 Term 2. My 18th Birthday. Have a big party in college bar. Get drunk, best friend had paranoid episode. Gets sent home.

2 weeks later get a phone call, best friend has killed himself.

After a month I have a break down. Get sent home.

Recover from depression.

Finished college with MMM.

Try to find job, nothing. 6 months of unemployment... depression.

Get job working at my Father's law firm for 8 months, all is well again.

Get into uni, even with my shoddy history. Really happy.

1st year, one of the best years of my entire life.

Fail my first year, too much partying not enough work.

Repeat first year, failed by term 2.

Today, going to send email to my tutor telling her that I am dripping out, age 21 with no good qualifications and a long history of mental illness. **** it, lets have a beer.

Well that is the most interesting parts of my life.

Damn.:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Well let's see. I was born in 98. I died at birth but got resuscitated.

Got bullied loads at primary school.

Developed depression.

Got suicidal. I succeeded once but then I was resuscitated again.

Just about dragged myself through secondary school with mediocre GCSEs. Still had depression.

I got to college and stress took over, with the depression.

Didn't dare talk to real people so I spent secondary school locked away in my bedroom on the computer, which led me toward TSR.

Listened to a lot of music and eventually found eminem, instantly fell in love with him and rap. It gave me the strength to live.

Got bored and wrote a rap. Now I'm chasing a career in rap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForgetMe

Due to illness, I've began school from the age of 8 instead of 7 like everyone else.

I'm guessing Finland?
Original post by Andy98
Well let's see. I was born in 98. I died at birth but got resuscitated.

Got bullied loads at primary school.

Developed depression.

Got suicidal. I succeeded once but then I was resuscitated again.

Just about dragged myself through secondary school with mediocre GCSEs. Still had depression.

I got to college and stress took over, with the depression.

Didn't dare talk to real people so I spent secondary school locked away in my bedroom on the computer, which led me toward TSR.

Listened to a lot of music and eventually found eminem, instantly fell in love with him and rap. It gave me the strength to live.

Got bored and wrote a rap. Now I'm chasing a career in rap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck mate:yy::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Let me tell my life story.

I was born in Bulgaria in 1990. 3 months later flew to Russia with my parents. Lived there for a couple of years. Came back to Bulgaria around 1994. Started elementary school 1996. Had tough time there - I was studying hard, get bullied a lot. Attended high school in 2002. Got bullied again. Started training hard, attended kick boxing classes. No longer bullied. No girlfriends though - only studying and training. Finished school in 2009. Attended University of Manchester in 2009. Had panick attack on my second year - could not think or do anything. My friends helped me cope with that. In 2012 I graduated with 2:2. Could not find a job, worked as a barrister at Costa Whitbread. Left the jobs, started searching for jobs in my major(international business,finance and economics). Could not find any job, run out of money. Left UK to work as an entertainer in Cyprus, March 2013. Had the best job in the world, kids loved me, everyone wanted to talk to me, girlfriends(Russian hot chicks) all over me. Worked as a DJ and raised my status. The job finished Nov 2013. Went back home to Bulgaria. Depressed and sad, because of no attention. Got a surgery, more depression. 4 months passed could not find a job, despite attending interviews. Finally, one guy gave me a chance. I started working in IT - I dont understand the ****, dont like it, I am attending courses to learn it but I fall asleep. I have one dream - to try again in UK with finance and I am working towards that dream. Hope my story is inspirational. Every single morning I wake up and smile to the mirror. I thank myself for the chance to life and I keep telling myself - I am happy, life is good, I will overcome anything.
Reply 56
So reading this post has made me realise that I have a pretty fortune life, despite all the hiccups.

I was born in Lewisham in 91, and went to primary school in Catford for a few years. Then my mum moved house to Bexley because she wanted me and my brother to sit the 11+. She put my brother in a private prep school while I went to a state primary. I didn't have many friends and I was bullied quite a lot, people used to hit me and laugh at me, I even felt some of the teachers picked on me. I never told my parents because I didn't want to dissapoint them. I was good at school and confidently passed my 11+, gaining entrance into a grammar school in 2002.

I was an award child in secondary school, I played the piano, and was ugly chubby little thing. People used to pick on me and I wasn't allowed out to socialise with any friends that I did have. I began to resent my parents and my life and turned to online role playing through story writing in my spare time, and I made some online friends. I started self harming around this time. My parents found out a few months later and forced me to see a psychiatrist. In year 9, I started a relationship with another girl. Again, my parents found out and all hell broke lose. For months I had no phone, no computer, and I wasn't allowed anywhere. But I enjoyed my studying and got 4 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs at GCSE.

Then I met my third ever partner in 2008 and this time it was a guy. As I was in sixth form, I saw him in my free periods and travelled far distances to meet up with him. Obviously, I kept it a secret from my parents. But that summer I got my AS results and I broke down, it was B, CC, D, E I think. My worse ever results. I dropped Maths and Philosophy and continued with my other subjects and decided to study Music at uni as I wanted to start teaching the piano like my piano teacher. I loved history too, but you couldn't really do private tuition with history! Whilst this was going on, my parents found out about my boyfriend and tried to get us engaged. I upped my game for my A levels and got A, B, C.

I started a Music degree at Goldsmiths in September 2009 and got engaged September 2010. Got 2.1 and started a Masters at Royal Holloway in 2012, got a Merit for that.

I got married to my boyfriend of 6 years in January 2014. I have been working as a piano teacher since uni but will be starting Teachfirst in September this year. Currently we are living with my folks and saving every penny we earn.

Sadly, last year my father was diagnosed with lung cancer, and as a result my husband has had to leave his PhD study; he is thinking to do a pgce at the moment. So my FILs illness is a black cloud hanging over what would otherwise be a very fortunate life.

I am happy with where my life is heading, and even though I had a rocky start, now I have a happy and stable life.

In the next 5-7 years I hope to settle into my new career, get a house, and start a family :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My Dad comes from an Italian family who came over to escape Fascism before WWII. Both his grandfather's, along with most of the men from our village, died on an unmarked prisoner of war ship full of Italians which was sunk by a German U-boat. My mums family lived in Birmingham forever and my Grandad was out in Burma with the RAF in WWII, got blown up, survived, came home to work in a factory, got blown up again, survived but lost his hand, complications arose from a combination of the first blowing up, appendicitis and gangrene, so he lost his leg, then he got some problem with his heart from smoking, had a successful heart bypass then ended up dying of what was probably MRSA while my mum was at Uni. My Italian Grandad died around the same time, he ran Italian restaurants and he worked so hard his heart gave up on him. Both my parents used to be social workers but my dad became a trade Uniost just before the Miners strike.

I was born in Brum in 1990 where I lived until Uni. I was never a very girly girl and the girls at school tried to pick on me. Because I was the biggest kid in my year though, I would just fight them and then they'd shut up. Once I did get his round the head with a chair though. I have always loved animals, and had decided aged 3 I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. I used to go to watch Birmingham City with my dad on the weekends from age 6. When the football wasn't on we would go visit my grandma in Wales as she suffered with parkisons, so could visit us less and less. When I was 7 we adopted my brother, which was pretty awesome.

In 2001 I went to a comprehensive secondary school for 1 week, hated it, and moved to a grammar. It was also the year Birmingham beat Norwhich in a penalty shoot out in the playoff finals and were promoted to the premiership. My dad took me to Cardiff for it :smile:

For some reason my dad wanted me to go to an all girls school but it didn't suit me at all. I didn't really got in so well. Fighting people wasn't really seen as an acceptable way to settle bullying any more and I struggled. When I was 15 I got my first bf and he was a dick. I also got my scuba diving licence in a quarry in the Midlands. In my first year of 6th form my grandma fell and broke her hip. Although it healed fine, they messed up her medication and the Parkinson's got so bad she died. It was around this time the serious bullying started. I used to get to school every day and cry. I ended up staying with my bf because he was nice about it but he was pretty emotionally manipulative looking back. Finally I went to the school and it stopped. I ended things with my bf.

Final school year I met another boy, we were together for 2 years until Uni. We both liked fish. I decided marine biology wasnt for me and I was going to study zoology, with the aim of studying aquatic zoology at postgrad and doing a PhD at ZSL (zoological society london). I passed my A levels with straight As, took a gap year which involved working at Cadbury World, volunteering, and travelling round South Georgia and the Falkland Islands. That was a life changing experience, not only because of the sheer abundance of wildlife, but because it was physically incredibly challenging and I ended up being winched off a sinking ship into a helicopter. That summer I travelled to Peru. The Amazon was amazing but the people I went with were awful.

In October me and my bf went on a break as we were worried wed spend all our time at Uni together and not make friends - coincidentally we had both chosen Bristol. I studied zoology and spent my first year going through a very extended messy break up and the second getting over it. The first year was horrifically messy, I saw him all the time and he treated me awfully. One of my flatmates tried to bully me but I wasn't going to put up with that **** any more. By the end of the year no one in our flat was speaking to her.I drank far too much.

In 2011 I went to Wembley and saw Birmingham City beat Arsenal in the Carling cup final and it was probably the best day of my life to date. We were relegated that year.

Before third year started I spent a month studying reptiles in Honduras before going to Costa Rica for a University field course on bats. Thats where my love affair with bats began :tongue: continuing the year I did a lot of work, had an amazing group of friends and met my current partner. I worked a lot of evenings surveyong bats for an ecological consultancy. Graduated with a 2:1 which made me die a bit inside (68.5%!!!!!!). My dissertation supervisor was an awful man.

I then did a Masters at Leeds in Biodiversity and Conservation which was awesome. My coursemates were brilliant, I learnt modelling, I studied bats a lot and I went out to Kenya twice. I put together my whole Thesis project off my own back and went out to Kenya and found bats and they were super cute. I interned at DEFRA and carried on doing consultancy work.

I was super exhausted after this so I moved in with my partner, worked in a call centre and tried to get my masters research to a publishable standard. By Christmas I'd decided I was on for a PhD and started applying. I got a PhD in London and started working full time to save some money up. Luckily y partner was up for the move as he hated his job in marketing, and found a job with a trade union.

Now I'm doing a PhD between ZSL and UCL on African Wild Dogs and Climate Change, I live in Lewisham and life is good. As I write this I can hear the birds out the front window and every so often the parakeets start fighting in the tree next door. I never thought I'd like London, but it proved me wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by redferry
x

some parts of this are really funny. not in a bad way, just in a '"well that was unexpected" sort of way :lol:.
Original post by og.east
some parts of this are really funny. not in a bad way, just in a '"well that was unexpected" sort of way :lol:.

Yeah my life has been a little bizarre to date lol :biggrin:

Glad it made you laugh, so many peoples stories have been so sad :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest