The Student Room Group

should i snitch on people?

hi hi, idk if i’ll be in the wrong here so please give advice :] long story short, my school has a page like any other school where people can submit stuff and i got posted multiple times where people said not so kind stuff about my looks etc. my parents saw the posts and told my teachers and it’s a whole case now. i know who started the posts and are spreading these ***** about me so should i tell or keep quiet? this did affect my mental health quite a bit and im scared so yeah
Original post by Anonymous #1
hi hi, idk if i’ll be in the wrong here so please give advice :] long story short, my school has a page like any other school where people can submit stuff and i got posted multiple times where people said not so kind stuff about my looks etc. my parents saw the posts and told my teachers and it’s a whole case now. i know who started the posts and are spreading these ***** about me so should i tell or keep quiet? this did affect my mental health quite a bit and im scared so yeah

Rat them out girly 😡😡😡 you do not deserve to go through it
Reply 2
Forgot how kids can be such vindictive *******s. Sorry to hear this has happened to you. If you're 100% it was them then go for it.
Reply 3
I think part of the 'snitches get stitches' fallacy is a worry that telling people will make it worse in some way, but for things like this it's better to do something about it and tell them.
Original post by Doomotron
I think part of the 'snitches get stitches' fallacy is a worry that telling people will make it worse in some way, but for things like this it's better to do something about it and tell them.

Why do you say that's a fallacy? in many cases snitches do in fact get stitches.

I'm not about to claim people need to keep quiet and that reporting things isn't the right way forward, but when it's people you have to exist with going forward ie school, work, housemates I feel it's only sensible to take such possible escalation into account, as you certainly cant go back afterwards and the person you complain to can't police your life 24/7, or worse could just incompetently make everything worse.
Original post by Anonymous #1

love set them up, I wouldn't outright snitch on them but definitely set them up. How do you know the people who have made this account. If so use that evidence and submit it anonymously. The reality is accounts like these are LIKE SNAKES, cut one head off and anothher replaces it. So snitching may not solve the problem. I do suggest getting revenge, that tends to work better these days, do give us more back story so we can give you more advice and come up w/ a getback plan x
Reply 6
I feel like there's a difference between snitching and what you're suggesting. Snitching, in my opinion, is when someone's doing something just for vindictiveness, and reporting someone for something that doesn't actually harm anybody. But you're only contributing to an already-open discussion, and trying to protect your mental health, which is of course very important.

As others said, only do it if you're 100% sure, but I think you're completely in the right to defend yourself. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending