The Student Room Group

Why so expensive?

I'm looking at insurance for a merc a45 amg and the lowest quotes are like 11k...?

why is it so expensive for that car?
its a 2 litre car,
im 20 years old licence held for less than a year.
Because it's an expensive powerful car and you're young and inexperienced.
Reply 2
Well even when i do it with 1 year ncb it's same thing lol
Reply 3
Original post by Joeey009
Well even when i do it with 1 year ncb it's same thing lol

Because its an expensive car and you would still only have 1 years experience. You don't seriously expect an insurer to insure a £40k+ car on a new, unexperienced driver who is in the age group most likely to have an accident for a cheap price do you?

Just look at fiestas/golfs etc. You won't find really cheap insurance on anything though.
I'm looking at insurance for a merc a45 amg and the lowest quotes are like 11k...?

its a 2 litre car,

It's an expensive car in a high insurance group, so insurance will be high even for someone who's held their licence for a relatively long time. Having not held your licence for long the insurance companies will see you as a young inexperienced driver therefore will charge you more anyway.
If you're looking for cheap insurance look at cars in a lower insurance group.
(edited 9 years ago)
young, I assume male, little experience, pretty powerful car; i.e. deemed high risk
fairly expensive car; i.e. expensive to deal with

high risk+expensive=>high premiums
Reply 6
I think your questions have been answered above, but nice choice by the way. That car is very nice

Reply 7
Original post by shaymarriott
Because it's an expensive powerful car and you're young and inexperienced.

LOL!
Reply 8
Original post by JC.
LOL!

Well it puts out 360bhp - I'd rate that as *fairly* powerful tbh.
Reply 9
A car with supercar performance,i.e. 0-60 in just over 4 seconds? Top speed limited to 155mph? And you've 20 and been driving for less than a year?

I personally think 11k is pretty damn cheap!
If you have 40k to spend on a car, 11k isn't that bad I mean if I paid 1k for a car I wouldn't mind paying £250 for my insurance! +Why not get a cheaper car, maybe a 5k car and have that for a few years untill you're more experience so your insurance will get cheaper

its a 2 litre car,

You are a young driver (under 25), you only have one years experience, and you are looking to insure an expensive and powerful car.
Just get a normal car like anyone else.
Original post by JC.
LOL!

(Relative to what most drivers in the OPs demographic are driving anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending