The Student Room Group

Short for my height, will this affect me at University? :(

I'm around 5'6 1/2 / 5'7 (male), and I'll hopefully be going to University soon. I'm really insecure about my height. Will people make fun of me?
I definitely wouldn't say I'm ugly but I'm just wondering how much of a difference my height will make when I'm at a nightclub, etc. Would girls still look at me?
I wouldn't say that's particularly short for a guy, and I know so many guys around that height. I really don't know of anyone who has been picked on at uni for their height or anything like that. I really doubt you'll be picked on. People at uni are very open minded. You'll be fine! :smile:
First... "Short for your hight"? kinda redundant :P

Second I'm a male and I'm 5ft 5... And a half... But I've never encountered any problems due to my hight.
Short for my height

lol
Lmao, you'll be 'reet mate.

I'm 5'5 and I've never had any trouble with my height. Never. 1.5years through uni atm.
Original post by TheNacho63
Short for my height

lol

Hahahahahaha short for my height.
Shame I have no reps to give :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Prince of Mind
First... "Short for your hight"? kinda redundant :P

Second I'm a male and I'm 5ft 5... And a half... But I've never encountered any problems due to my hight.

Yea you probs never encountered any girls either :lol:
Reply 7
Height is not the only factor girls look at.

Wait, scratch that! Yes, you'll never get laid.

Perhaps you'll find a girl of your equal or someone who isn't so superficial and goes more for the personality rather then the height.
Yeah, being short sucks. Of course it will affect your chances in a night club. Imagine how you'd look next to some jacked 6 ft 2 dude owning the dance floor. That doesn't mean girls will automatically reject you though, obviously. But it does make a difference.
Original post by elohssa
Yea you probs never encountered any girls either :lol:

Well there was that one drunken night with a girl... other than that no.
But as a gay guy you can't expect too much :P
My best friend who lives with me at uni doesn't have any issues and he's considerably shorter than yourself
I'm 5ft 9.5, female and have a thing for a guy who is around your height so I wouldn't worry about it. Height is not so much an issue provided you are confident. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending