The Student Room Group

Why are young women so popular with ALL MEN?

http://time.com/3433014/men-women-dating-mid-20s/

Straight men of all ages tend to have their romantic sights set on women in their mid-twenties, while women prefer men who are about the same age as they are, according to a new study.

The findings are similar to data culled from the dating website OKCupid, which found that male users of the site of all ages, by far, are looking for women in their early-20s.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
attractiveness maybe?
Shallowness.
Women are most fertile at that age, men can breed at any age. Common knowledge, not sure why you've created a thread about it.
Reply 4
Original post by Carpe Vinum
Shallowness.

And youthfulness, some elderly people just give up, some keep on going and stay 'young'.
Reply 5
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Women are most fertile at that age, men can breed at any age. Common knowledge, not sure why you've created a thread about it.

I don't like this shallow evolutionary approach, most men want young women for sex not kids.
Reply 6
Original post by Carpe Vinum
Shallowness.

I know, but why aren't all women attracted to men in their early 20's then? Why is it just the men that are shallow? Women think with their dick and but women don't think with their clit.....hmmm why is that?

Btw strong avatar to post content ratio.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not me and many other men, stupid to generalise.
Reply 8
I prefer younger girls, preferably 16 to 18 year olds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by whorace
I don't like this shallow evolutionary approach, most men want young women for sex not kids.

which is because.....

:facepalm:
Original post by whorace
Until the advent of science and the very recent last few years of human evolution, sex has always been a pre-requisite for producing children.

The brain is hard-wired for sex and younger women give a higher survival advantage to the population.

Human evolution has wired instinct and drives the motivation for virtually every social-construction and convention the world over.

All have roots in reproduction and evolutionary survival to portray young women as attractive and desirable. Men are hard wired to respond within the boundaries of their local social-conventions.

a) prime fertility
b) longevity of fertility
c) physical resilience of youth
d) healthier offspring

Men wanting sex with younger women is the sub-conscious manifestation to the evolutionary outcome resulting in of all these benefits.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
which is because.....

:facepalm:

Yes because 99% of men sleep with women at bars because they want children.

It's a dumb ideology described away by facts.

Unsophisticated primates might behave like that, but we are far more complex.

Sex has many functions, only one of those is producing children.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by whorace

Sex has many functions.
Crikey. Evolution is not an ideology.

Humans are driven to procreate. Sex is the mechanism of procreation.

Cognitive behaviour operates at both the conscious and sub-conscious levels. Humans have brains, humans have a highly developed social ritual but fundamentally sexual desire is the evolutionary outcome of needing to procreate for gene propagation.

Social conditioning and convention may mask the evolutionary drive to procreate. Sexual desire and satiating that desire are the products of evolution and culminates in the act of sex whether children are the outcome or not.

QED
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by uberteknik
Crikey. Evolution is not an ideology.

Humans are driven to procreate. Sex is the mechanism of procreation.

Cognitive behaviour operates at both the conscious and sub-conscious levels. Humans have brains, humans have a highly developed social ritual but fundamentally sexual desire is the evolutionary outcome of needing to procreate for gene propagation.

Social conditioning and convention may mask the evolutionary drive to procreate, but desire and satiating that desire culminates in the act of sex whether children are the outcome or not.

QED

Evolution is not an ideology. Evolutionary psychology certainly is, it's a feeble attempt to explain all behavior in terms of pseudoscience adaptations which cannot be falsified.

Why do we have a distinct mating ritual? Because some biologists observe thats all penguins do, so y'know it must apply equally to us, our views of sex must be absolutely limited as well.

I am not denying evolution or the role of biology in sexual matters, just pointing out this unfalsifiable dogma is no better than religion.

It's a nice story that justifies the stupid alpha/beta distinction I suppose.
Evolutionary reasoning aside looks and personality would likely peak around that point. Personality being how fun, creative and spontaneous the individual is, without the pressure of having to be tied down with kids etc which women later on tend to obsess about. There is also sex drive.

That's just my opinion.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by So Instinct
Evolutionary reasoning aside looks and personality would likely peak around that point. Personality being how fun, creative and spontaneous the individual is, without the pressure of having to be tied down with kids etc which women later on tend to obsess about.

That's just my opinion.

Exactly! There are far more explanations (even biological) than 'oh he just wants to have children'.
Original post by whorace
Evolution is not an ideology. Evolutionary psychology certainly is, it's a feeble attempt to explain all behavior in terms of pseudoscience adaptations which cannot be falsified.

Why do we have a distinct mating ritual? Because some biologists observe thats all penguins do, so y'know it must apply equally to us, our views of sex must be absolutely limited as well.

I am not denying evolution or the role of biology in sexual matters, just pointing out this unfalsifiable dogma is no better than religion.

It's a nice story that justifies the stupid alpha/beta distinction I suppose.

So what's your explanation then?
Reply 17
Original post by uberteknik
So what's your explanation then?

As above, it can be explained as a combination of biological and environmental factors, reproduction not being significant to the vast majority, but rather just lust instinct and personality.

The unconscious just seems like a cop out to me. It's another God.
Original post by whorace

Sex has many functions, only one of those is producing children.

Why do you think sex is so pleasurable? Why do you think men have a sex drive?
Reply 19
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Why do you think sex is so pleasurable? Why do you think men have a sex drive?

Naturalistic fallacy?

I also take pleasure from incredibly cold showers and looking at Mexicans with silly eyebrows, was this an evolutionary adaption?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending