The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

:frown: No uni wants me :frown:
If it's taken them 2 days to give out 1/3 of the offers they're prob only half way through at this stage (it being day 3, and not even the end of day three at that). So stop being so pessimistic people!
Reply 1002
no don't say that. this is my second attempt as well. we will get offers. just need to keep sane until then :smile:

on the bright side, only one hour left for today's stressful wait to be over. I will soon be able to eat :smile:
Original post by am1992
If it's taken them 2 days to give out 1/3 of the offers they're prob only half way through at this stage (it being day 3, and not even the end of day three at that). So stop being so pessimistic people!

I'm holding on to your logic like my career depends on it.
I called admissions. They said decisions will be given out in the next few weeks. She did say that there were more offers left to be given out, but they were really sketchy about it, so I don't know whether to believe it. They did say decisions are being given out in no particular order, whatever that means.
i guess we will have to wait till tomorrow now
Original post by Awesome_Alien
I called admissions. They said decisions will be given out in the next few weeks. She did say that there were more offers left to be given out, but they were really sketchy about it, so I don't know whether to believe it. They did say decisions are being given out in no particular order, whatever that means.

I assume it means that they're not giving them out in order of rank. Which makes sense, I imagine they've just sorted people into 'offer,' 'rejection' and 'wait list' piles randomly and are just working from top to bottom in no specific order.

It's effectively 5pm anyway so doubt much will happen now. Especially if its as sunny in Coventry as it is here; can't see anyone wanting to stay at work in this weather!
Original post by am1992
I assume it means that they're not giving them out in order of rank. Which makes sense, I imagine they've just sorted people into 'offer,' 'rejection' and 'wait list' piles randomly and are just working from top to bottom in no specific order.

It's effectively 5pm anyway so doubt much will happen now. Especially if its as sunny in Coventry as it is here; can't see anyone wanting to stay at work in this weather!

I thought that as well. But it could also possibly mean that offers, rejections and wait lists are being given out together?
Offer through at 4:42pm!

To everyone still waiting - don't give up hope!
So does that mean that offers are not being given out on basis of rank.

So the order is random. So they might have all applicants in a spreadsheet and looking at the scores and at the same time checking the work experience and references, manually.

Then they give offers to those.

That would make some sense. So they probably take an average and standard deviation of scores and put those with highest in random order and manually check through those.
Anyone made a Facebook page yet? Just fancy seeing what everyone's plans are :3
Original post by Awesome_Alien
I thought that as well. But it could also possibly mean that offers, rejections and wait lists are being given out together?

Possibly, but I think if they'd started rejections then we would have heard from someone on TSR; there's quite a broad range of people here.

They'll prob start rejections towards the tail end of offers and then maybe do a bit of juggling regarding who is on the wait list before issuing wait list letters at the end. That seems to have been the general theme at the other unis I applied for anyway.

The joys of speculation!
Original post by LostInYourMusic

https://www.facebook.com/groups/838453986208343/
Original post by LostInYourMusic

https://www.facebook.com/groups/838453986208343/?fref=ts This group has been made, not many people on it yet though! :biggrin:
Why the **** am I so unlucky then, if not on the basis of rank? Either I'm just terrible at interviews or I'm hugely unlucky to be at the wrong end of this pile! :frown:
I know what you mean MJK91,

its a massive strain on us.

But silver lining. Lets say this:

since the last interview day they manually entered everyones scores and collated them into a spreadsheet or something.

They then split the data so that the find the ranges so they have an average value and compare each persons score to that manually whilst checkin other stuff like references

Since its only 2 people in office they re are taking a long time to go through it.

At this point its just a matter of waiting for them to go through the list bit by bit.. So it is hopefully most likely not ranked based, otherwise they would do batch offers.

mAYBE Tomorrow or monday they ll start doing rejections once they have centaur majority of offers.

But based on what they have said, it is likely that 50% of offers have gone out, most likely. But who knows.
Offer!! Came through at 3.16pm

Good luck to everyone still waiting don't panic as it seems to be very random timings :smile:
Well done everybody with an offer! So so gutted I've yet to hear though. I'm really frustrated with this process. This is my first time applying but my third year working towards med school- I didn't apply in previous years because I just Knew I wouldn't be accepted. Maybe I should've hung on another year as I don't feel warwick want me this year anyway! I'd prefer to just know if I've been rejected, I can't physically wait any longer!!! I phoned at midday and they said 100 offers had been sent out, god knows what that figure is now though, chances of a place definitely dwindling. And what do people think of this... Whilst on the phone I asked how long they thought the process would go on for (she wasn't sure) and then she asked my name to look me up, only to proceed to tell me that she can't tell me anything. Is that good or bad??? Why would she bother look up my file if she wasn't able to tell me anything? And then say 'oh no sorry I can't say anything regarding your application' in what instance would she have been able to say something? I can't think why she'd have asked my name if she couldn't say anything... I'm so confused and have taken this as a bad sign!
Original post by Kateg7
Well done everybody with an offer! So so gutted I've yet to hear though. I'm really frustrated with this process. This is my first time applying but my third year working towards med school- I didn't apply in previous years because I just Knew I wouldn't be accepted. Maybe I should've hung on another year as I don't feel warwick want me this year anyway! I'd prefer to just know if I've been rejected, I can't physically wait any longer!!! I phoned at midday and they said 100 offers had been sent out, god knows what that figure is now though, chances of a place definitely dwindling. And what do people think of this... Whilst on the phone I asked how long they thought the process would go on for (she wasn't sure) and then she asked my name to look me up, only to proceed to tell me that she can't tell me anything. Is that good or bad??? Why would she bother look up my file if she wasn't able to tell me anything? And then say 'oh no sorry I can't say anything regarding your application' in what instance would she have been able to say something? I can't think why she'd have asked my name if she couldn't say anything... I'm so confused and have taken this as a bad sign!

I called last year. Remember that the people you phone only send out offers once they've been authorised by admissions tutors. They are checking your name to see if they have any information that's already been authorised.

If they couldn't tell you then they haven't made a decision yet.
So bad news or not do you reckon? What would she have said to me instead.. 'Yes you've been successful/no you've not made the cut' I can't imagine they're allowed to say either over the phone, which was why I found it bizarre that she asked my name. She said the decisions are given out from the admissions team in batches to admin staff who process them.. Does this mean that I'm not in one of the batches they've had yet? Presumably they've made all their decisions by now and it's just a case of waiting for it to reach us individually... Really hope we both get offers!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending