The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

At the open day I remember the admissions tutor saying that they decide in batches. They pick the top X % and give offers and the bottom Y% to give rejections. This leaves a certain percentage with no offers or rejections, then then repeat this process until everyone has a firm response.
Original post by linchang.91
Yeah I thought so too, so when I got the UCAS status change update I got really excited.. =.= guess I must've been on top of their rejection list

Sorry to hear you got a rejection. I guess the consolation is that you now know. If you've been following this thread for 7 days you'll inevitably be relieved at least to have heard something.

Will you be trying again next year?
Its quiet...
still haven't heard anything, this is agonising
I'm still waiting too, hopefully tomorrow will bring us some news!
Someone send me the dbs thing as well please? I'm in Spain and can't really ring them and ask. Either the essentials in a PM or I guess I'll have to start adding some of you on FB!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so, so excited to say: I GOT ON! See you in September! :smile:
Original post by Razeak
Sorry to hear you got a rejection. I guess the consolation is that you now know. If you've been following this thread for 7 days you'll inevitably be relieved at least to have heard something.

Will you be trying again next year?

Yeah I've been one of the quiet followers, have been refreshing nonstop like the rest of you guys haha. I'm definitely re-applying next year and in the meantime gain more experience and also try to get the most out of these experiences now that I have a clearer idea of what they're looking for in the interviews.

Congrats to all those who got in and for other still waiting, I'll be rooting for ya'll!

And if anyone else here doesn't get an offer like me (though it seems like so far I'm the only one and I hope it stays this way), don't lose sight of what you really want!! Remember why you wanted to do medicine in the first place and keep at it! We'll kick ass next yr :biggrin:
Original post by linchang.91
Yeah I've been one of the quiet followers, have been refreshing nonstop like the rest of you guys haha. I'm definitely re-applying next year and in the meantime gain more experience and also try to get the most out of these experiences now that I have a clearer idea of what they're looking for in the interviews.

Congrats to all those who got in and for other still waiting, I'll be rooting for ya'll!

And if anyone else here doesn't get an offer like me (though it seems like so far I'm the only one and I hope it stays this way), don't lose sight of what you really want!! Remember why you wanted to do medicine in the first place and keep at it! We'll kick ass next yr :biggrin:

That is a great attitude to have man! I wish I could be more positive like you.
Original post by Awesome_Alien
That is a great attitude to have man! I wish I could be more positive like you.

You got an offer though right?
Original post by ceciafb
You got an offer though right?

Yes. But whenever things take a turn for the worst, I always have the most negative attitude. I didn't mean it in a bad way, just wishing and hopefully trying to have a more general positive outlook in life.
Original post by Awesome_Alien
Yes. But whenever things take a turn for the worst, I always have the most negative attitude. I didn't mean it in a bad way, just wishing and hopefully trying to have a more general positive outlook in life.

Noo I'm exactly the same! Had a complete breakdown the day before both of my offers (coincidentally!) I just thought I had seen someone saying your name on the fb group and also remembered you waiting to hear about your offer on here and was rooting for you!
Original post by ceciafb
Noo I'm exactly the same! Had a complete breakdown the day before both of my offers (coincidentally!) I just thought I had seen someone saying your name on the fb group and also remembered you waiting to hear about your offer on here and was rooting for you!

Ohhh, I thought I had offended you in some way :s-smilie:

Same, I was acting as if I already had a rejection and my life was over, you could times that reaction by 10 if I got the rejection.

Awwwh thank you, I was rooting for you as well and was really happy that you got an offer! :smile:
Reply 1293
Original post by danisk
Hey. I got an email. Its got the pin and password to log in to the dbs website. I can forward you the email if you want?

That would be great, I'll pm you my email, thank you!
Christ UCAS, do not send me marketing emails today. Close to cardiac arrest rn
Original post by Razeak
Christ UCAS, do not send me marketing emails today. Close to cardiac arrest rn

Tell me about it!
I got an offer through at 8.30 this morning, so there are still some coming out today! Fingers crossed for you if you're still waiting!!!
I've already finished being upset, when the rejection comes through it's probably not going to be so bad for me now. Which is a good thing probably =)
Original post by R.18452
I got an offer through at 8.30 this morning, so there are still some coming out today! Fingers crossed for you if you're still waiting!!!

Get in! Great news :smile: Have you joined the FB group?
It's tough, waiting this long. If I were to float the idea of getting an offer, do I even feel like I deserve it now? So reluctant does the dept seem - or at least feel - it's hard to feel positive even at the thought.

Guess you just gotta grab it all by the balls and do your best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending