The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elcor
Does Daniel Lafferty really annoy anyone else or is it just me?

:laugh: I thought I was the only one who was thinking that!

EDIT: Not in a serious way though, I don't 'dislike' anyone based on how often they post on Facebook. So no offense if you're reading this dude :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Hahahahahaha yeah, him and everyone else that spams the Facebook page :biggrin:

I thought I was the only one who was thinking that!

EDIT: Not in a serious way though, I don't 'dislike' anyone based on how often they post on Facebook. So no offense if you're reading this dude :smile:

Who is he?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Who is he?

Basically on the Facebook offer holders page some people post very regularly and it can get a bit tiresome.

EDIT: And also argue endlessly about politics, which is fair enough given the upcoming elections, but I could care less.

Also after Googling what 'check your privilege' meant it seems the consensus is that it's a thinly veiled ad hominem attack used by someone trying to disregard your argument simply based on your background. Interesting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Basically on the Facebook offer holders page some people post very regularly and it can get a bit tiresome.

EDIT: And also argue endlessly about politics, which is fair enough given the upcoming elections, but I could care less.

Also after Googling what 'check your privilege' meant it seems the consensus is that it's a thinly veiled ad hominem attack used by someone trying to disregard your argument simply based on your background. Interesting.

It is a radical feminist/marxist/[inserttrend]-ist smear term really. It's sort of a, 'well you're a white rich man, everything you say is wrong' get-out clause.
Original post by Elcor
Does Daniel Lafferty really annoy anyone else or is it just me?

I thought you both got along :wink:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I thought you both got along :wink:

Edited to clarify haha
Original post by Elcor
Does Daniel Lafferty annoy anyone else, or is it just me?

Edit: Okay, now that it's not midnight I realise how childish it looks putting this on TSR :lol:. I've got nothing wrong with the guy personally, I suppose, I just can't get past his whole 'holier-than-thou' vibe. Not to mention the denial of classism, looking down on people for not having a STEP offer to meet and calling people who aren't as far-right as him 'inadequate'.

What? He says that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts
I always find myself looking at college/Cambridge pages in the hopes of seeing something new (can't contain my excitement). So maybe more frequent updates, even if it doesn't contain any actual real information?

Also maybe provide information as to how we can prepare for Cambridge, a more detailed account of what to expect, and so on.

You may have noticed that I'm really satisfied with everything, so these are just teeny tiny pointers that bear no significance whatsoever but will make our lives more enjoyable and more prepared :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Any feedback is helpful as we're looking to see what we can do better to make people feel more involved and welcome.

A number of the college admissions and outreach offices have twitter accounts which might have what you're looking for!
I had suspected that it was because people were off revising. Although that isn't why I haven't posted this year, so maybe not :tongue:

Are you feeling excited? I don't know any other offer holders to talk to about it :frown:

But people still frequent TSR :teehee:

I come on here in my 15 minute (read 1 hour and a half) breaks.

I can't look past 6th July, which is IB results day. After that, I'm pretty sure I'll be absolutely buzzing. Atm I'm too worried about meeting my offer. How about you?
I can't find the comment but to the person who said 'check her profile' I completed a-levels before I did the BTEC course

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're right in the sense that Cambridge wouldn't even look at me for my BTEC its my a-levels that got me in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
What? He says that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but it looks worse when I put it all together like that than when it's interspersed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(They declined Cambridge for Imperial? No punting for that person...)

I am so excited! I don't want to let myself get too bad, because I could always be rejected, but my God I just want to go now! I want to meet people and to go out and have lunched and then be at Cambridge and do some essays and go to lectures and watch poetry readings and have lots of fun. I can't wait six months.

Are you? Which college are you off to?

Yeah exactly haha
Aww :biggrin: Yeah I'm scared to get too excited about it too. But then you actually think about it and omg it's amazin. Like do you get those moments where you're doing something completely normal and then realise "wow I could be at cambridge in 6 months" and then have a little party inside :biggrin: ?
Queens', hopefully!
Reply 1873
Hi everyone, I am wondering whether there is any international offer-holder here applying for the Cambridge Trust Scholarship? Do you receive any email or information about the results then? It is already the end of April but I still haven't heard anything yet.
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Thanks! Any feedback is helpful as we're looking to see what we can do better to make people feel more involved and welcome.

A number of the college admissions and outreach offices have twitter accounts which might have what you're looking for!

Glad I could help! Yeah I check it every day, and I get really excited when there's a new post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Statistics should be updated soon
If anyone finds the link to the updated statistics please post it :smile:
If anyone finds the link to the updated statistics please post it :smile:

It'll be on here

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

But they haven't updated it yet :cry2:
Original post by ILovePancakes
It'll be on here

My bet is Monday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ILovePancakes
It'll be on here

Ah thanks, I've been looking for this :smile: it doesn't seem to come up on Google anymore. Interesting how Cambridge group it under 'Find out more' instead of 'Applying'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending