The Student Room Group

Is it better to just expect to get rejection?

To make you relax more when making a move on someone. I actually think preparing for the worst is not a bad mindset to have. The only way is up! :smile:
Much better to expect rejection imo
Reply 2
If you expect rejection what's the point of going for it? :/

You should accept rejection as a possibility but not expect it to happen. It'll effect your confidence, what you say and your body language even if you don't see it yourself.
If you expect a rejection I think it will effect your smoothness of making the move. Second what Ava said
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Multitalented me
To make you relax more when making a move on someone. I actually think preparing for the worst is not a bad mindset to have. The only way is up! :smile:

I've usually gone in with this type of damage limitation attitude and it's not a bad bet to have lower expectations and to be positively surprised. This said its a bit defeatist and if you feel someone could be up for it its is probably a better strategy to be a bit self confident and bullish. Just like a job interview in fact..
Original post by theo1jinx
If you expect a rejection I think it will effect your smoothness of making the move. Second what Ava said

Original post by AvaAdore
If you expect rejection what's the point of going for it? :/

You should accept rejection as a possibility but not expect it to happen. It'll effect your confidence, what you say and your body language even if you don't see it yourself.

I agree with these two quotes. Yes accept it as a possibility, but don't think TOO much into it. I suppose you perhaps want a balance? Like don't expect it won't go well but still expect that it might...

Go in with an open mind.
Reply 6
I used to have this mentality when I was more insecure and it didn't lead anywhere good. Confidence (not arrogance) is an attractive quality. I want a man who's secure in himself, carries himself well, doesn't think I'm better than him or have power over him just cos I'm an attractive girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending