The Student Room Group

Am I too skinny? How do you compare? (Male)

I've just turned 17, but I'm only 10 stone 12 pounds, at 6'0. I'm going to go to the gym to get bigger but that will take a while. I have a 37 inch chest circumference and 28 inch waist.

Girls is that too puny for you? Lads how do you compare?
Reply 1
Just go and lift, eat properly and you will be fine.

I'm 5'11, around 13 stone give or take a couple lbs with a 28 waist.
Reply 2
How old are you? You were probably bigger even before you started lifting.
I'm 18, 6'3", 12.5 stone with a 30/32 (haven't checked in a while) inch waist.
Reply 4
I dunno how that looks on a man

Personally my fave body type on a man is strong but a little tubby

Not mad on skinny it's too feminine for me. I'm also slim so I'd like a larger man, like to feel small and protected sometimes

Least favourite is sculpted bodies as it just looks like masturbation - going to gym every day to get this body instead of getting through manly things like work - again it's a bit girly. You can deffo tell when a man is all about looks and not his actual fitness
You think you're skinny? I'm 16 years old and 5 foot 9, and weigh 8 stone - 50 kg. 9 inch biceps ftw. 26 inch waist.
Reply 6
Original post by NUFC1998
How old are you? You were probably bigger even before you started lifting.

I'm 19.. I was around 11 stone when I started, I have a naturally slim build but just built the muscle up over time with hard work.

You know what you need to do, go and do it. Don't compare yourself to other people.
Reply 7
I'm 22, 5'11 and around 12 stone with a 32/34 waste.
You need fat to build muscle. So you need to put weight on, fat on. However to do that you need to eat and drink rubbish and not exercise.
not as skinny as me
Consume the right amount of calories and get a good work-out routine tailored to you.
Original post by Smug Life
I'm 18, 6'3", 12.5 stone with a 30/32 (haven't checked in a while) inch waist.

Congratulations
Original post by BCMFM16
Congratulations

OP:

Original post by NUFC1998
Lads how do you compare?
Original post by AvaAdore

Least favourite is sculpted bodies as it just looks like masturbation - going to gym every day to get this body instead of getting through manly things like work - again it's a bit girly. You can deffo tell when a man is all about looks and not his actual fitness

Wait what? I've had to re-read that a few times. "It looks like masturbation"? Are you saying that those bodies are too perfect, and is masturbation material?
I spend an average of 5 hours doing fitness per day and work a 8 to 6 job. Just takes dedication and actually enjoying it.

Looks over fitness is the Bodybuilding culture. Just like all those girls on them cross trainers and treadmills, "I need to be skinny!" In reality the girls deadlifting and squating is what's got our attention. At least we'd have something to talk about rather than how far you managed to walk on your treadmill :h:
Reply 14
I'm about 160 pounds and 6ft so I'm skinny but not really that light.
No it isn't too skinny at all! I have a male friend who when he was 17 was only just 9 stone. He didn't even look that skinny either. If you're that bothered start doing some weights and getting bigger arms/chest. It can do wonders and really make you look bigger.

You may consider protein shakes too to bulk you up although I wouldn't advise these as not everyone's stomachs are accepting of them. Just embrace who you are and if a girl is going to reject you because of your body then she isn't the sort of girl you want to be with :smile:
Almost 17 6"1 abit over 12 stone and 34 inch waist works well for me
Reply 17
I'm 17, 6'0 and 13 stone. You can see what I look like in my display photo. I'd recommend hitting the gym if you want to bulk up, but make sure you train everything, legs and all, don't just do chest and arms or you're wasting your time. Eat more good, clean and healthy food, try to up your protein to over 200g per day, count calories etc. PM me if you want more information bro.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending