The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Resistant Materials/Graphic Products

What does everyone think of the section A preliminary context?

Scroll to see replies

The Graphics one doesn't look too bad. I hope they don't ask for a complex product design because then I'd be dropping a lot of marks. :tongue:
Reply 2
I hate the graphics - I can't draw animals to save my life!
For images, I'd recommend practising drawing 2 or 3 different animals that you could use in your designs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
For images, I'd recommend practising drawing 2 or 3 different animals that you could use in your designs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I'm attempting, so far I have a snake and a giraffe. I'm waiting til the 8th to fully revise graphics as it's my last exam and I have none from the 8th through to the 17th
Lucky you... I have exams on the 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th and then 17th in the morning. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Lucky you... I have exams on the 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th and then 17th in the morning. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! What are they for?
Maths, Physics Unit 1, History, Chemistry, Physics Unit 2 and then Graphics :/ Do you know what your controlled assessment was marked at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Maths, Physics Unit 1, History, Chemistry, Physics Unit 2 and then Graphics :/ Do you know what your controlled assessment was marked at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This going to sound like really big headed but trust me I was surprised. Full marks, you?
90/90???? WOW! I got 88/90.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
90/90???? WOW! I got 88/90.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yours is very impressive too! What project did you pick?
I picked the CD Case and promotional materials. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Although for the first two weeks i did attempt the writing kit based on culture. We all know how that one ended 😂
Original post by AbbieL
Same! Although for the first two weeks i did attempt the writing kit based on culture. We all know how that one ended ������

I'm glad that controlled assessment is over, it was hectic going through it. I'll be even more glad when the exams are over :smile: When's your next exam?
Reply 14
Tom
I'm glad that controlled assessment is over, it was hectic going through it. I'll be even more glad when the exams are over :smile: When's your next exam?

Tomorrow unfortunately, I have 3, French reading, French listening and biology unit 2. Yourself?
Original post by AbbieL
Tom

Tomorrow unfortunately, I have 3, French reading, French listening and biology unit 2. Yourself?

First ones are on Wednesday: IT in the morning and then RE in the afternoon. I'm feeling prepared so hopefully they shouldn't be too bad. My only worry at the moment is English Lit Unit 1.
Reply 16
First ones are on Wednesday: IT in the morning and then RE in the afternoon. I'm feeling prepared so hopefully they shouldn't be too bad. My only worry at the moment is English Lit Unit 1.

Lit will be fine as long as you learn quotes( I took it last year and got an A*)
How did everyone find the resistant materials paper
Reply 18
https://www.change.org/p/ocr-lenient...3-703685559773

SIGN THE PETiTION FOR LOWER GRADE BOUNDARIES AND LENIENT MARKING FOR SCIENCE PAPER SINCE MANY DIDNT MANAGE TO FINISH THE PAPER
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.change.org/p/ocr-lenient...3-703685559773

GCSE GATEWAY ADDITIONAL SCIENCE PAPER WAS EXTREMELY LONG AND THEREFORE MANY STUDENTS WERE UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE PAPER.PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION FOR LENIENT MARKING FOR THIS PAPER

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending