The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2015 Accommodation Choices!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Anyone know what the chances of getting good accommodation will be for people who get into the University on reserve choices rather than Firms? Would like to be in Senghenydd Court as I'm applied for Computer Science, anyone know if I'd be likely to get that at all?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Does having an unconditional offer help with getting your preferred accommodation even if you applied late?
Reply 122
Any opinions about Aberdare Hall or Student houses (Colum Road)?
Original post by clarejefferies
Anyone applied for taly gate as their first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i have :smile: trying to find people who lived there this year to see what they thought of it, but its so difficult!
Original post by Jules 123
anyone applied for business management and taly gate for your first choice? :smile:

I've applied for accounting and management so lectures will overlap and I've put Taly Gate as my first choice!
Original post by Chrysippus
Does having an unconditional offer help with getting your preferred accommodation even if you applied late?

people get offered accommodation based on when they get their unconditionals, so I believe you should get your preferred choice as long as it's not already taken up!
if you're studying education I recommend applying to live at Cyncoed Campus. i'm also doing education and applied for here, this accommodation is on the actual campus we will be studying in.
I know that halls are generally the done thing, but I ended up in the Student housing (Village) last year, and I would urge any of you not to dismiss it. It's the cheapest, living in a house is absoloutly lovely, plus the location was amazing, I was right outside the SU (And noise wasn't a problem), the train station just across the road and within five minutes walk of town or any of the uni buildings. I am so glad I chose it (Originally because it was cheapest) and don't regret not going into halls at all. It's probably not the best if you're doing medicine or such courses due to it being far from the Heath campus, but for any others (In our house we had everything from Engineering to History) it was the best.
Reply 128
I went to Colum Hall as a fresher because I thought it would be the closest to uni and town. It's a good choice distance wise and if you're looking for a quiet place to study and focus on your degree. However, if I was a first year again I would recommend Taly Court because it's not as far as South, has a good social life and there rooms are large, nice and almost brand new! Good luck :smile:
Don't know whether to choose Gordon Hall or Senghenyadd Hall...

Which one is more sociable for International student?

I'm a party animal and don't want to live with boring people...
Hi guys I was wondering if any of you who had unconditional offer,have news from the uni by mail or post? Cardiff uni confirm may unconditional offer in UCAS but that`s all,so I am a little bit worried.
Original post by malinovab
Hi guys I was wondering if any of you who had unconditional offer,have news from the uni by mail or post? Cardiff uni confirm may unconditional offer in UCAS but that`s all,so I am a little bit worried.

I'm an unconditional and have had no news yet. Don't worry!
Original post by Steffie.
I'm an unconditional and have had no news yet. Don't worry!

Reply 133

yeah same here. i have an unconditional too and still haven't got a letter or anything apart from it saying unconditional (firmed) on UCAS. i think we will get something at the end of July / beginning of August, so don't worry about it we all are in the same boat.

Biochemistry :smile: You?
Original post by Steffie.
Biochemistry :smile: You?

Business Management ( international ) :smile:
Hey guys :smile:

So I'm still trying to decide between Senghennydd Hall and Gordon Hall as my first choice for accommodation and I have just a few questions about them if anyone is used to the area etc.

1) How far is each of these halls from the 'Trevithic Restaurant' in the queens buildings? (and does this place have parking?)

2) Is Gordon Hall pretty far away from the Glamorgan (social sciences) building? It seems like there is a train line running right through the middle which could mean you have to walk all the way around?

3) Are there any other positives or negatives for each? (e.g how social they are etc)

Obviously a major difference between the two is that Gordon Hall has parking available, which could be really handy if I decide to take my car to Uni, although this isn't essential since I don't think I'll need it too often in a city like Cardiff!

Thanks guys! :smile: I really wish I could have checked them out myself but I'm not from the area and don't think I'll be able to get to Cardiff beforehand!

Martin
Reply 137
Colum Hall! So close to everything. Bigger rooms,bigger kitchens and A LOT of Erasmus students (if you are not into spending time with 99% british people)
Talybont South House 17 First Floor Flat 1 Room 7
Original post by amjasbaker
Talybont South House 17 First Floor Flat 1 Room 7

When did you send in your application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending