The Student Room Group

Was I right to mad at my mum?

So I just got home after a 3 hour drive. I rang the door bell - no answer. I then rang both her mobile and the landline - nothing. I had to jump over this 3 metre gate to get in the back yard.

When I get up the steps to the house she's standing in hall with nothing on apart from this short jumper.

I didn't see anything (thank ****) but she probably wasn't wearing any pants.

Apparently our dog had ran out the house so she was literally standing at the front door with no pants.

I told her to get in and she told me to not speak to her like that.

What the **** is wrong with her?
Reply 1
Did not read but saw a lot of ****'s so no, you're not right.

Bye.

EDIT: ok 2 ****'s :mmm:
Reply 2
Bit weird. Keep an eye on her and if anything else weird happens, talk to someone.
Was there anyone else in the house?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Reord
Bit weird. Keep an eye on her and if anything else weird happens, talk to someone.

Mate it's not the first time.

Once my GF and I were heading upstairs, and she's standing in her room butt naked with the curtains open and the door wide open too.

I don't know what's wrong with her ... She's done loads of things.
Reply 5
Original post by donutellme
Was there anyone else in the house?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, but this was happening with the house door wide open.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Mate it's not the first time.

Once my GF and I were heading upstairs, and she's standing in her room butt naked with the curtains open and the door wide open too.

I don't know what's wrong with her ... She's done loads of things.

How does she seem when she's doing that? Is she spaced out, or normal, or what?
Reply 7
Original post by Reord
How does she seem when she's doing that? Is she spaced out, or normal, or what?

I don't know really ... She seems aloof.

Honestly ... I reckon she had boozed a bit before or something.

I don't know why she doesn't follow my dad and give up completely?
awwww babe dont worry

i feel sorry for u

nope u didnt do anything wrong

:smile:
Keep an eye out and try to see it as though she's someone in need of help (potentially) rather than your mother. I know it's awful, and there's a few things that could be going on here - attention seeking, bipolar etc. Although it'll be dead awkward maybe chat to her about it?
I think your mum is just the chillax sort of person who dont give a f. Btw you didnt do anything wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hannahhaworth
Keep an eye out and try to see it as though she's someone in need of help (potentially) rather than your mother. I know it's awful, and there's a few things that could be going on here - attention seeking, bipolar etc. Although it'll be dead awkward maybe chat to her about it?

The irony is she's a psychiatrist :/
The irony is she's a psychiatrist :/

Wow i love your mum. She sounds like a fun person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hold on!!

she was standing at the front door unclothed with the door wide open
OR
in the hallway unclothed

which i daresay is not abnormal

if she was doing both, then why did you need to scale a fence...

after all the door was open and your mum was there in her nightshirt or chemise or teeshirt....

then

"I don't know why she doesn't follow my dad and give up completely?"

thats a bad thing.... give up completely i guess you mean death??

2 hours ago was 11pm, so... if you arrived home after 7pm did you call or text her to let her know you were coming??

Why do you not have keys,.... is there a history there that has prevented her from giving you keys to access your home??

You said she stands at the window naked, are you sure you don't mean you looked up and saw her through the window unaware that anyone would actually stare in that long to establish if she was clothed or naked??

because frankly i think folk who walk around gawping through house windows are well... a little bit sick themselves or stupid because they are outside and the person is INSIDE their OWN house.

anyway.... i do not think it is time to call the cavalry, your mother may be suffering from flying fever....

it is what happens when you have children and they all grow up, leave home and you're suddenly alone with noone to mollycoddle

on the other hand....

although i have had rows with my parents before, i know one thing.

Don't yell at your parents or snap and talk to them like children.

A regular child would have rushed up the stairs grabbed a bedsheet or towel and rushed down and said here mum... you'll catch cold dressed like that and asked when last she saw the dog.

But not all children are regular... many are unique....

and erm... if you are old enough to have a girlfriend, then you are old enough to pay your own rent no??

softly softly....

the first thing you saw when you came into the world head first was that very same thing you cringe about now.

get a hold of yourself.

respect your mother.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
I don't know really ... She seems aloof.

Honestly ... I reckon she had boozed a bit before or something.

I don't know why she doesn't follow my dad and give up completely?

Sorry to hear that. Would it help to suggest she visits her GP? Or can you ask her what's wrong, etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending