I guess you're stuck with me
Original post by ThatGurl
I guess you're stuck with me

Ahaha lol :smile: I love it
Reply 123
Original post by nataliej2609
Ahaha lol :smile: I love it

Haha i love it too :smile:
Guilty of watching EE sometimes but only because it's on. I'm more of a viewer of re-runs like SATC, Desperate Housewives. I'm secretly middle aged and the nearly empty bottle of pilot grigio agrees. Am also the only person in our generation who never got proper into Friends.

Big Bang Theory is alright. I've watched a few. Wouldn't go mad for it though.

One Tree Hill and 90210 were good and I watched every episode of every season. Thinking back I can't believe you used to have to wait a week in between episodes! Never got into Gossip Girl despite girl friends encouraging me. All that xoxo rubbish didn't do it for me even if Channing Tatum did/does!

Watched Greys Anatomy back in the day but not now. Cougar Town was decent first series. Glee first series also was decent but they ruined it. Used to watch KUWTK and all the spin offs as well as Girls of the Playboy Mansion and pretty much every E! show made circa 2007.

My guilty pleasure nowadays is TOWIE. Can't wait for next series! I've tried MIC and GS but didn't like them. I no longer watch Big Brother or X Factor and I despise The Voice, BGT and anything like that. Bit of a Strictly fan in secret of course.

For balance I love an Attenborough documentary and any natural world / science documentary. How It's Made great. Myth Busters is another strong favourite. Basically anything on Discovery or Nat Geo.

Also a fan of an arts program or anything space or tech related. Cosmos by Sagan and more recently NDGT were wonderful. Hawking documentaries and (dare I say?) Dawkins documentaries are also my cup of tea. The Big Questions on a Sunday is my version of church. I get so irate listening to the idiots they have on there which is always extra fun when you're hungover.

I think I am the only one who can't get into Game of Thrones, just do not get the hype. There I said it!! Judge me?
Original post by jaffacake111
Guilty of watching EE sometimes but only because it's on. I'm more of a viewer of re-runs like SATC, Desperate Housewives. I'm secretly middle aged and the nearly empty bottle of pilot grigio agrees. Am also the only person in our generation who never got proper into Friends.

Big Bang Theory is alright. I've watched a few. Wouldn't go mad for it though.

One Tree Hill and 90210 were good and I watched every episode of every season. Thinking back I can't believe you used to have to wait a week in between episodes! Never got into Gossip Girl despite girl friends encouraging me. All that xoxo rubbish didn't do it for me even if Channing Tatum did/does!

Watched Greys Anatomy back in the day but not now. Cougar Town was decent first series. Glee first series also was decent but they ruined it. Used to watch KUWTK and all the spin offs as well as Girls of the Playboy Mansion and pretty much every E! show made circa 2007.

My guilty pleasure nowadays is TOWIE. Can't wait for next series! I've tried MIC and GS but didn't like them. I no longer watch Big Brother or X Factor and I despise The Voice, BGT and anything like that. Bit of a Strictly fan in secret of course.

For balance I love an Attenborough documentary and any natural world / science documentary. How It's Made great. Myth Busters is another strong favourite. Basically anything on Discovery or Nat Geo.

Also a fan of an arts program or anything space or tech related. Cosmos by Sagan and more recently NDGT were wonderful. Hawking documentaries and (dare I say?) Dawkins documentaries are also my cup of tea. The Big Questions on a Sunday is my version of church. I get so irate listening to the idiots they have on there which is always extra fun when you're hungover.

I think I am the only one who can't get into Game of Thrones, just do not get the hype. There I said it!! Judge me?

No GoT? You sad, sad child?

Anyways, what puts you off? I bet it's all the nudity!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So? Thousands of people like eastenders. Even in america and Australia so does that make them all chavs?

Americans: Rednecks

Australians: Bogans

:tongue:
It's all about the following shows (may have forgotten some, or just not watched em):
House of cards;
Game of thrones;
The walking dead;
Breaking bad;
Dexter;
Sherlock;
Daredevil;
Prison break;
The Big Bang theory;
Orphan black;
Friends;
Luther;
All I can think off atm :biggrin:
Original post by Xin Xang
I think its a pretty well established fact that Eastenders is for chavs.

Its literally a show about chavs doing chavvy things.

You couldn't find a show less chavvy.

I agree, although there are shows even more chavvy than Eastenders such as Geordie Shore, T.O.W.I.E, Hollyoaks and anything on mtv in general.
Original post by Daleton237
It's all about the following shows (may have forgotten some, or just not watched em):
House of cards;
Game of thrones;
The walking dead;
Breaking bad;
Dexter;
Sherlock;
Daredevil;
Prison break;
The Big Bang theory;
Orphan black;
Friends;
Luther;
All I can think off atm :biggrin:

No Mel & Joey? :frown:

I hear Made in Chelsea gets a lot of bad rep. Is it chavy like everyone says?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody actually like any decent t.v shows? Black Adder? Peep Show? The I.T Crowd? Granted they're all older shows, they don't make them like that anymore.
Original post by nataliej2609
Anyone here watch Pretty Little Liars?

Yes omg! Literally just finished season 5 yesterday after binge watching on netflix. Don't know what to watch now.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
No Mel & Joey? :frown:

I hear Made in Chelsea gets a lot of bad rep. Is it chavy like everyone says?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really into "new e4 series" like mel&joey, the 100, baby daddy etc. Would never watch Made in chelsea, characters are just too pretentious and snobby.
They're not rare occurrences. How ignorant can you get? Rape happens everyday along with murder and child abuse but barely any of the victims get justice. Eastenders helped so many young girls speak out against their abuse after the Whitney Storyline along with Linda's rape so please don't tell me that they're rare occurrences.

They are rare compared to the impression a dramatisation of life in the west end would give you. For example in the UK the murder rate is 1 per 100,000 people per year and there are 0.00024 rape reports per capita per year and only 0.000017 convictions per capita per year. I'm sorry but I'm calling that rare whether you like it or not.
Reply 134
Original post by awkwardshortguy
They are rare compared to the impression a dramatisation of life in the west end would give you. For example in the UK the murder rate is 1 per 100,000 people per year and there are 0.00024 rape reports per capita per year and only 0.000017 convictions per capita per year. I'm sorry but I'm calling that rare whether you like it or not.

Yes. Rape REPORTS. Not everyone tells the police if they've been raped - it's shocking and people feel as if they won't get justice or even if the police will believe them or not
Yes. Rape REPORTS. Not everyone tells the police if they've been raped - it's shocking and people feel as if they won't get justice or even if the police will believe them or not

You could take even the highest estimates and it wouldn't reflect life in Eastenders. At the end of the day it's a TV show and it couldn't accurately depict life because it would be boring. So they take out much of the mundane and replace it with crime drama in an effort to make it fractionally as interesting as one.
full show of lists i watch/have watched:
pretty little liars, gossip girl, suits, the good wife, breaking bad, how to get away with murder, eye candy, finding carter, the royals, revenge, faking it, 90210, law and order svu, empire, american horror story, keeping up with the kardashians. top gear.
Even though i dont enjoy them as much, i sometimes watch, the big bang theory, new girl, 2 broke girls, surburgatory.
In summer after exams im going to watch the walking dead, scandal, stalker and a few other shows.
Original post by Hoodie Allen
Yes omg! Literally just finished season 5 yesterday after binge watching on netflix. Don't know what to watch now.

pretty little liars is my life!
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
No GoT? You sad, sad child?

Anyways, what puts you off? I bet it's all the nudity!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all. Wouldn't say "put off" but I just don't get it. A girl friend is going back home this weekend and she says her mum is more excited to watch GoT with her than she is to actually see her!

I am currently snuggled up with mine watching The Chelsea Flower Show. I ****ing love tulips. Maybe I am sad afterall...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending