The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what qualifications you need to be a physiotherapist? I'm at college at the moment studying AS level maths, history, biology and chemistry and will go on to complete a full A level in maths, biology and chemistry. What courses would I need to study at university? Could I not go to university just go into training and learning on the job?

Thanks a lot :-)
You have to do a physiotherapy degree to become one, I don't think apprenticeships exsist for it.
There are physiotherapy assistant jobs out there that don't require a degree (try searching physiotherapy assistant/technician/support worker) on NHS jobs, but you won't be able to become a fully fledged physio without doing the actual degree. More information here. :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
You have to do a physiotherapy degree to become one, I don't think apprenticeships exsist for it.

yes, i didnt think so just wasnt sure

thanks a lot :-)
Original post by superwolf
There are physiotherapy assistant jobs out there that don't require a degree (try searching physiotherapy assistant/technician/support worker) on NHS jobs, but you won't be able to become a fully fledged physio without doing the actual degree. More information here. :smile:

thanks for the information!!:-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending