The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alow
I've only had cells so far, it was alright. I finish on the 10th, at which point I'm aiming to overshoot LD50 for alcohol.

I thought you were a phys natsci? We have a maths exam on the 12th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2261
Original post by Goods
I thought you were a phys natsci? We have a maths exam on the 12th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a Phys NatSci, my entry sheet says the 10th for the second maths exam.
Original post by alow

Yes, sorry I got the dates muddled... My brain is trying so hard it remember things sometimes it just doesn't work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow

Original post by Goods
Yes, sorry I got the dates muddled... My brain is trying so hard it remember things sometimes it just doesn't work.

Sounds like things are getting tragic already, haha. All the best guys.
Reply 2264
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I've only done one exam and I already want to puke thinking about results day, lol. Anybody else feeling like theirs have gone badly?

Yep, 90% sure I'm missing my offer. Actually I'm not really that scared about it, it's pretty inevitable for me. Uncertainty causes fear.
Reply 2265
Original post by Goods

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the feeling haha

Good luck with physics!
Original post by TVIO
Yep, 90% sure I'm missing my offer. Actually I'm not really that scared about it, it's pretty inevitable for me. Uncertainty causes fear.

Almost makes me feel guilty for having an unconditional......

You'll probably be fine. I tend to find there's a negative correlation between how well I think I did in an exam and my actual result.
Original post by TVIO

Hang in there. Cambridge clearly thinks you are more than capable, as do your teachers. You'll be fine :smile:
Reply 2268
Original post by bored565

You'll probably be fine. I tend to find there's a negative correlation between how well I think I did in an exam and my actual result.

Original post by jneill
Hang in there. Cambridge clearly thinks you are more than capable, as do your teachers. You'll be fine :smile:

Thanks for the kind words guys, but I'm still pretty sure I'll fail it. But I'm alright with that, easy insurance I'm happy to go to.
Excellent job getting an unconditional, really jealous! :biggrin:
Original post by TVIO
Thanks for the kind words guys, but I'm still pretty sure I'll fail it. But I'm alright with that, easy insurance I'm happy to go to.
Excellent job getting an unconditional, really jealous! :biggrin:

STEP? :frown:

Have you already sat your exams? As in, applying after completing A Levels?
Original post by ILovePancakes
Have you already sat your exams? As in, applying after completing A Levels?

Yah.

I'm on my gap year atm, but I have done some exams because I've been self-teaching AS economics and A-Level maths. I'm kind of thinking the former is probably a write off (I didn't really do any past papers or anything because for about two months I had a job in politics that literally required 16 hour days at points), but maths has gone well so far. Just C3 and C4 left now.

Not being under any pressure is a massive luxury though.
Original post by alow
I know the feeling haha

Good luck with physics!

Physics went relatively badly (apart from the relativity question which was relatively okay).

Already planning my transfer to some second rate university. I'm thinking about oxford at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
Physics went relatively badly (apart from the relativity question which was relatively okay).

Already planning my transfer to some second rate university. I'm thinking about oxford at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure it went fine! (lol at the relativity pun)

Can you actually transfer to Oxford in second year? (provided you did well enough)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm sure it went fine! (lol at the relativity pun)

Can you actually transfer to Oxford in second year? (provided you did well enough)

no on both accounts
Reply 2275
Original post by Goods

Posted from TSR Mobile

The rocket question was beautiful <3

Fields was okay, I really ****ed up SHM and Quantum though.
Original post by alow

I didn't even read the other mechanics questions... LCR was okay quantum was awful the fields went okay. The errors question in section A was vindictive as it tried to stop you using partial differentials to do the problem. All in all Id be very happy to have scrapped a 2.i which hopefully I will do as I averaged 90% in the labs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yah.

I'm on my gap year atm, but I have done some exams because I've been self-teaching AS economics and A-Level maths. I'm kind of thinking the former is probably a write off (I didn't really do any past papers or anything because for about two months I had a job in politics that literally required 16 hour days at points), but maths has gone well so far. Just C3 and C4 left now.

Not being under any pressure is a massive luxury though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFjWR7X5dU is this you?
Original post by Goods

Original post by alow

I love how your communication only occurs in this thread. Do you even know who the other is? You probably pass one another all the time :tongue:.
Anyone with an offer for History, have you chosen your papers??

Ps.. My offer is A*AA to do History at Fitzwilliam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending