University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Asia Pacific Studies - September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The Ocelot
Nope, they only ask for a foreign language GCSE. :smile:

I got a conditional offer without a GCSE in a foreign language! It's probably the one thing that stopped me getting an unconditional. I also think it's because my admissions tutor argued (in my reference) that I'm very motivated to learn Korean and a C in GCSE French could not possibly allow me to understand the linguistics of a language that has a completely different alphabet and structure ~like Korean:redface: so it's not the end of the world!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 21
Hey everyone! I've received an unconditional offer from UCLAN to do APS Korean :smile: I'm a mature student and have no language GCSE myself (hopefully that's reassuring to those of you who were concerned about that!)
I'm just waiting to hear back from SOAS before I make my choice... anyone else in a similar position? I'm struggling with my decisions atm :/
Hi! This is so exciting! I've finally found a thread for Asia Pacific Studies at UCLan! I know this is quite an old thread but none the less! Really hoping to do APS with Korean but I'm worried I won't get the grades. I heard that they're quite lenient so here's hoping! ^_^
Reply 23
Original post by MazziMcC
Hi! This is so exciting! I've finally found a thread for Asia Pacific Studies at UCLan! I know this is quite an old thread but none the less! Really hoping to do APS with Korean but I'm worried I won't get the grades. I heard that they're quite lenient so here's hoping! ^_^

Its nothing major but theres a really small group of us in a group chat who are going this year, if thats something youre interested in? :smile:
Original post by franvb
Its nothing major but theres a really small group of us in a group chat who are going this year, if thats something youre interested in? :smile:

That would be great thanks :smile:
That would be great thanks :smile:

Hey! Yeah we started a group chat on Facebook if you want to join and get to know us? There are only 4 of us there so far haha!
Reply 26
Fran it's Danny! , add me to the chat :P, I may be of some use to you all, as I already have done one year at uclan :wink:
Original post by racheljns
Hey! Yeah we started a group chat on Facebook if you want to join and get to know us? There are only 4 of us there so far haha!

Oh right. Thanks! That would be really nice, how can I join the group chat? My Facebook name is Marianne McCulloch if that's any help. ^_^
Oh right. Thanks! That would be really nice, how can I join the group chat? My Facebook name is Marianne McCulloch if that's any help. ^_^

Ok I've added you, hopefully it's the right one!
Reply 29
Original post by xdannyjx
Fran it's Danny! , add me to the chat :P, I may be of some use to you all, as I already have done one year at uclan :wink:

Will do!~
Live Twitter Q&A with UCLan Join us online on Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 June between 4pm and 7pm to ask us your burning questions about student life!

Perhaps you’ve got a query about Welcome Week, admissions, accommodation or you simply want to know where the best takeaway is: whatever your question we’ve got it covered.

Simply tweet us your questions using ‪#‎AskUCLan‬ and one of our team will reply! We hope to chat to you next week.

You can also find course specific chats on Facebook - just visit www.uclan.ac.uk/socialcampus
Hey! I just got an unconditional offer to study Japanese - I'm really happy especially because I was worried I wouldn't get in since I applied so late :')
Original post by canyonmoon
Hey! I just got an unconditional offer to study Japanese - I'm really happy especially because I was worried I wouldn't get in since I applied so late :':wink:

Hey ^^
I got my offer on Thursday, really excited:smile: I just wish I could find more information about the course on here. I really want to know whether or not I can continue taking Korean as an optional module after the first year.
Reply 33
Marcus to add onto my message that I sent you

If you take beginners Korean as an elective or certificate in your first year, you can go onto Intermediate Korean in the second year as long as you pass Beginners Korean :smile:
Original post by xdannyjx
Marcus to add onto my message that I sent you

If you take beginners Korean as an elective or certificate in your first year, you can go onto Intermediate Korean in the second year as long as you pass Beginners Korean :smile:

Hey Danny! Thanks for replying to my message, I appreciate it man. Really glad I'll be able to take Korean in my second year as well. I'm sure it'll be tough doing both Japanese and Korean at the same time, but definitely enjoyable. What textbooks do you use for Korean? Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending