The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elishaclark2
Got 4A* 2As and an offer for Medicine at Johns! :smile: although I've recently moved house so I'm scared that I won't get any letters sent to me :':wink:

Email John's your new address.
Anyone know the summer pool stats for previous year?
Reply 3442
Original post by mathsmusician
Hey everyone

Sorry to interrupt but does anyone know what we should be doing about accommodation?!? Do the colleges allocate a space to all successful offer holders, or do I need to make arrangements now in order to guarantee accommodation. I know that it says the colleges guarantee accommodation but I'm going to Sidney Sussex and I would rather be in the old buildings rather than the new apartments if possible.

Thanks in advance!!!! :smile:

Hey I'm going to Sidney Sussex too! What subject are you studying?

In terms of accomodation I remember an email they sent a while back saying they allocate it randomly, and I got a letter in the post this morning (so you probably did too, in which case you can ignore this haha) saying we get info on our accomodation in early september. Hope this was at least very slightly helpful! :smile:
Anyone know when the stats page will update?
Original post by draculina
Anyone know when the stats page will update?

With 2015 acceptance data? Not for a few months. It was November last year.
HI, I missed my the conditional offer from Magdalene 4A* by getting only 3A* and one A. I have sent an email with my UMS score to them 2 days ago. Till now I have not received any replies yet (email or UCAS track).
What does this mean?😅😅😖😖😖
Original post by ShenZ95
HI, I missed my the conditional offer from Magdalene 4A* by getting only 3A* and one A. I have sent an email with my UMS score to them 2 days ago. Till now I have not received any replies yet (email or UCAS track).

Oh, it must be stressful...

It means they're still considering.
Which course did you apply to?
Original post by ShenZ95

As an aside, they gave you a 4A* offer?!! What course? And high five, we got the same grades :tongue:
Original post by vincrows
Oh, it must be stressful...

It means they're still considering.
Which course did you apply to?

MEng (4years). Till now I haven't received any replies, no email about me being pooled or rejected also. I heard that today is their last day making decisions (6pm), is that true?
Original post by paradoxicalme
As an aside, they gave you a 4A* offer?!! What course? And high five, we got the same grades :tongue:

MEng (4 years). I missed a A* by 5UMS. What was your offer? And which college n course u got? 😊
Original post by ShenZ95
MEng (4years). Till now I haven't received any replies, no email about me being pooled or rejected also. I heard that today is their last day making decisions (6pm), is that true?

It is still possible they haven't made a decision yet.
Read this post by somebody from Peterhouse Admission team.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3478761&page=2&p=58194143#post58194143
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
On the 13th the possible options are:Accepted if you meet the offer conditionsAccepted even though you missed (this may require you to send your UMS)Still under consideration by you preference College or the Summer Pool (send your UMS)Rejected and released to your insurance choice if you miss the offer and are not thought to be of interest in the Summer Pool (the University has clear guidelines for this)If you miss your offer and are still pending on the 14th, the Summer Pool takes place and you may:Be accepted by your preference CollegeBe accepted by another CollegeBe rejected and released to your insurance choiceYou won't be accepted by another College on the 13th but otherwise what you say is correct. There's a slight chance you may still be pending after the 14th and once again you may:Be accepted by your preference CollegeBe accepted by another CollegeBe rejected and released to your insurance choice
Original post by ShenZ95

I also still haven't heard anything. The difference is I missed my offer by a lot, so am pretty sure I'm just waiting for a rejection. It's really annoying because I want closure and they've had my results since the beginning of July. I've heard nothing via email and the admissions office is apparently perpetually shut. May I ask which subject this was for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys, I got in to Corpus Christi to read English! It went surprisingly great, look forward to seeing many of you there
Original post by ContraryRhyme20
I can only speak for Magdalene College but my email confirms that the whole decision process and correspondence from the admissions office, regarding their decision, should be complete before 6pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I was just wondering if you'd heard anything at all? What information did the email provide?
Original post by JamesJL
Hey guys, I got in to Corpus Christi to read English! It went surprisingly great, look forward to seeing many of you there

High five! Got your A* in lit then? :biggrin:
Original post by ILovePancakes
Hey, I was just wondering if you'd heard anything at all? What information did the email provide?

I still haven't heard anything via phone, email or UCAS. Magdalene said the decision process will be done by 6pm today yet there seems to be absolutely no communication on their part since this email. I would much rather get a rejection now and be able to get somewhat decent accommodation at my insurance instead of waiting around to be told what I know is extremely likely to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still haven't heard anything via phone, email or UCAS. Magdalene said the decision process will be done by 6pm today yet there seems to be absolutely no communication on their part since this email. I would much rather get a rejection now and be able to get somewhat decent accommodation at my insurance instead of waiting around to be told what I know is extremely likely to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five:

We should set up camp outside the Porter's Lodge and demand a reply.
I think Peterhouse Admissions indicated you *might* not hear before Monday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just received the rejection via email. I was really annoyed before at how long it was taking, but the admissions tutor was so nice. He went through my application and explained what happened in the summer pool (tbh I'm surprised I even made it to the summer pool). Sort of sounded like they tried to promote my application and the tone was almost disappointed that another college didn't give me an offer.

It's a gap year for me now, so we will see what happens. Good luck with everything :h:
Original post by ILovePancakes
Just received the rejection via email. I was really annoyed before at how long it was taking, but the admissions tutor was so nice. He went through my application and explained what happened in the summer pool (tbh I'm surprised I even made it to the summer pool). Sort of sounded like they tried to promote my application and the tone was almost disappointed that another college didn't give me an offer.

It's a gap year for me now, so we will see what happens. Good luck with everything :h:

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending