The Student Room Group

AQA Biology A2 A* Revision notes

Hey guys, I've completed my A-level in AQA Biology and whilst revising made some notes from the various AQA textbooks from which to revise from (they include the textbook diagrams etc) and was awarded a relatively high A* grade. Now that I'm not in need of them, feel free to use them as you wish :smile:

Also, good luck to all of you who will be sitting your A2 Biology exams this coming year.

I've attached unit 4, unit 5 and essay prep notes:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7zcEOHKRhJefkNDcG9IWTQ3bmU4WE5rUGU3UVJOMVM3RjFkVXhzU0dPTzBBc3NBRnRHcmc&usp=sharing

(for photosynthesis and respiration notes I would recommend the CGP student book).
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by preetg97
Hey guys, I've completed my A-level in AQA Biology and whilst revising made some notes from the various AQA textbooks from which to revise from (they include the textbook diagrams etc) and was awarded a relatively high A* grade. Now that I'm not in need of them, feel free to use them as you wish :smile:
Also, good luck to all of you who will be sitting your A2 Biology exams this coming year.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7zcEOHKRhJefkNDcG9IWTQ3bmU4WE5rUGU3UVJOMVM3RjFkVXhzU0dPTzBBc3NBRnRHcmc&usp=sharing

I've never used google drive before so I'm hoping this works - let me know if it doesn't. :smile:

Thanks. I shall use it wisely :colondollar:
Reply 2
Yay thank you! It will be really useful for me in the future :h:
Reply 3
Original post by kkboyk
Thanks. I shall use it wisely :colondollar:

Original post by chzzzz
Yay thank you! It will be really useful for me in the future :h:

No problem at all :smile:
Wow, thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by enaayrah
Wow, thanks!

I hope they come in handy :smile:

:tongue:
Reply 7

Thanks ☺️ I'll be using these, and:
I'm wondering how you made your notes so nice?
When did you make notes, like did you have a set time or day?
Can you give me advice on note taking please (and for biology in general)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by vd12345
Thanks ☺️ I'll be using these, and:
I'm wondering how you made your notes so nice?
When did you make notes, like did you have a set time or day?
Can you give me advice on note taking please (and for biology in general)?

I've got OCD so everything has to look colourful and nice or I'd refuse to even look at it! I made these notes in my spare time, a month before my A2 exams started and just added to them whenever I felt fit to. :smile:
The only advice I can really make about note taking for Biology in particular is to make sure that they are in as much detail as possible - without overdoing it. The little details get you marks, and they can be very useful to incorporate into the synoptic essay in Unit 5 (hence why my notes are quite detailed). Just keep on top of things and make sure you have a good grasp of the topics, and put lots of time into practicing how science works questions as there's a massive emphasis on this at A-level.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I love you!
Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this all you used? As well as past papers?
Did you use any other biology books with the notes?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Bloom77
Is this all you used? As well as past papers?
Did you use any other biology books with the notes?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only used these and past papers, and online questions and mark schemes. :smile:
Reply 12
Reply 13

THANK YOU!! x
Reply 15
Original post by SashaF
THANK YOU!! x

Original post by Bloom77

No problem guys :smile:
Reply 16
@Elizabeth_rose14

here you go :smile:
Reply 17
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a2 chemistry notes by any chance as i'm struggling with it at the moment! :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by skittles100
Thank you so much!!
Do you have a2 chemistry notes by any chance as i'm struggling with it at the moment! :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As it happens I have notes for all topics in Unit 5 which I could upload for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending